Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 3:37 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Virginia Governor to Resign over blackface pictures?
Virginia Governor to Resign over blackface pictures?
https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/vir...315c3bd1a4

What makes me laugh at this asswipe - first he admits it - then denies it - then says he did blackface in a different picture...

WTF?

How much weird shit is this goofball up to - that he can't keep his stories straight??

Think he should be out on his ass??
RE: Virginia Governor to Resign over blackface pictures?
For what he did back then, maybe. For bullshitting about it now, yep.
I work in Democratic politics, so I met Gov Northam and Lt Gov Fairfax in Richmond a couple of weeks ago. Fairfax told us a fantastic story about his ancestors, who were slaves of the original Fairfax family in VA, and it was very inspiring to me. Now I see Fairfax has some sexual assault allegations against him. What a shitshow. Glad I don't do damage control for them...
[Image: nL4L1haz_Qo04rZMFtdpyd1OZgZf9NSnR9-7hAWT...dc2a24480e]
We’ve completely lost the tradition of public servants falling on their swords for the public good, and it has become not only acceptable but considered honorable for them to quibble about whether they deserve it, as if public office is not for the general good but only a privately rightful reward for the private deserts of ambitious individuals.
(February 4, 2019 at 4:08 pm)Anomalocaris Wrote: We’ve completely lost the tradition of public servants falling on their swords for the public good, and it has become not only acceptable but considered honorable for them to quibble about whether they deserve it, as if public office is not for the general good but only a privately rightful reward for the private deserts of ambitious individuals.

Except when it's not okay.
(February 4, 2019 at 11:55 am)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote: For what he did back then, maybe. For bullshitting about it now, yep.

I just wrote an OP/ED about this on my FB page. 

I am sick of the "due process" argument because nobody saying they should not have a seat of power is saying they should go to prison. The same can be said of Brett too.

I certainly do not want to live under a government that can chase you your entire life over anything. But a seat of power is not an entitlement, it is a position of public trust.  Even if he didn't walk it back I'd still want  him to step down. Walking it back did make it worse though.

And funny how the GOP is screaming for his head, ignoring that dems want him out as well. But yet 45 vilifying entire races and religions and vilifying black NFL players, that is ok.
(February 5, 2019 at 11:29 am)Brian37 Wrote:
(February 4, 2019 at 11:55 am)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote: For what he did back then, maybe. For bullshitting about it now, yep.

I just wrote an OP/ED about this on my FB page. 

I am sick of the "due process" argument because nobody saying they should not have a seat of power is saying they should go to prison. The same can be said of Brett too.

I certainly do not want to live under a government that can chase you your entire life over anything. But a seat of power is not an entitlement, it is a position of public trust.  Even if he didn't walk it back I'd still want  him to step down. Walking it back did make it worse though.

And funny how the GOP is screaming for his head, ignoring that dems want him out as well. But yet 45 vilifying entire races and religions and vilifying black NFL players, that is ok.
Anybody know wtf he is talking about?

Due process?? Huh??

There is nothing criminal here to talk about.

Distasteful, ugly shit - but nothing illegal
Virginia statutes do contain a recall process.  If people feel strongly enough, they can initiate the process to remove him from office by getting together a petition with signatures from at least 10% of the people who voted for the office in the last election.

The question then would be whether the Virginia State Circuit Court feels that "doing something stupid 35 years ago -- which was largely condoned then -- and being embarrassed about it today" constitutes valid grounds for recall.
-- 
Dr H

"So, I became an anarchist, and all I got was this lousy T-shirt."
He did something stupid.

And it' ll be the end of him in politics.

The next election will sort him out.
Looks like the gop is using this, and some sexual assualt claims on the lt. gov, as a cynical way to install an unelected republican to the governers mansion.  

Good game...I'm actually impressed.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Not My Governor Secular Elf 3 519 November 30, 2018 at 12:10 am
Last Post: Minimalist
  Trump appointee shows his support for our troops, and is forced to resign. The Grand Nudger 6 841 January 19, 2018 at 1:17 pm
Last Post: LadyForCamus
  The WLB sinks the Republicunts in Virginia Minimalist 12 1906 November 8, 2017 at 2:19 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Poll of over 3000 U.S. troops: Gary Johnson preffered over Clinton, Trump ReptilianPeon 7 1792 July 22, 2016 at 11:22 am
Last Post: CapnAwesome
  Poor Jan Brewer - AZ's former governor - Minimalist 26 2709 June 29, 2016 at 8:37 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  Over Here Fox 'News' Would Have A Shit Fit Over This Minimalist 14 2163 December 8, 2014 at 10:16 pm
Last Post: Losty
  Court Smacks Down Governor Shitstain of AZ... Minimalist 0 767 July 7, 2014 at 6:28 pm
  The Governor of Kentucky Minimalist 2 920 September 28, 2013 at 5:23 pm
Last Post: Something completely different
Star Crazy pastor is running for governor of Virginia. He is fucking crazy! Big Blue Sky 6 2452 June 7, 2013 at 11:49 am
  The Holy Land in Pictures A_Nony_Mouse 24 14428 May 8, 2013 at 11:23 pm
Last Post: A_Nony_Mouse