Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 28, 2024, 3:51 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Colorado parents of transgender 1st-grader file complaint over restroom ban
RE: Colorado parents of transgender 1st-grader file complaint over restroom ban
Well, yeah, that would be asinine I see that. In my minds eye I was speaking about a one bathroom unit that either sex can go into, just like at the movie theatre. My badBig Grin

In all realities, this issue wouldn't come up if it weren't for the fact that we are all identified by our gender in school. In public, you've probably gone to the restroom with males and not known it. If not you, then someone has. I don't see it as being a problem in the ladies room so much because there are stalls. In the men's room, not so much. How would a guy feel standing next to for all intensive purposes a 'lady' to take a piss? I bet it isn't good. In places where I've worked, the men's bathrooms are quite lax on their need for doors, even for the stalls. I would feel weird going in there, wouldn't you? I would feel weird seeing men's penises on a daily basis too. Since schools require gender identification, it's only right that they accommodate all genders including transgender. Irregardless if their transgender is just a 'phase'.

Quote:My standing rule is, if someone personally identifies as a girl, I treat them like a girl.
Exactly.
Quote:I know some people think she's bit young, but at what age do we decide she's not too young to determine her gender? At 10? Or 12? Or 16 or 18?
I don't think there is an age limit for self determination, but there should be rules on making permanent adjustments to one's body, especially for kids who are still developing. And most especially when it comes to medication.
If I were to create self aware beings knowing fully what they would do in their lifetimes, I sure wouldn't create a HELL for the majority of them to live in infinitely! That's not Love, that's sadistic. Therefore a truly loving god does not exist!

Quote:The sin is against an infinite being (God) unforgiven infinitely, therefore the punishment is infinite.

Dead wrong.  The actions of a finite being measured against an infinite one are infinitesimal and therefore merit infinitesimal punishment.

Quote:Some people deserve hell.

I say again:  No exceptions.  Punishment should be equal to the crime, not in excess of it.  As soon as the punishment is greater than the crime, the punisher is in the wrong.

[Image: tumblr_n1j4lmACk61qchtw3o1_500.gif]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Colorado parents of transgender 1st-grader file complaint over restroom ban - by Mystical - March 2, 2013 at 10:54 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  transgender military ban to go into effect Fake Messiah 20 2636 January 25, 2019 at 12:28 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Trump's ban on Muslims WinterHold 51 6716 March 6, 2017 at 10:31 pm
Last Post: SteelCurtain
  1st 100 days? Blue Man 7 1246 February 16, 2017 at 4:37 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Pence Defends Trump’s Criticism of Judge Who Blocked Travel Ban Foxaèr 3 855 February 5, 2017 at 9:41 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Poll of over 3000 U.S. troops: Gary Johnson preffered over Clinton, Trump ReptilianPeon 7 1846 July 22, 2016 at 11:22 am
Last Post: CapnAwesome
  This Sick 20-Year-Old Wants Her Parents Prosecuted Manowar 15 1988 April 16, 2016 at 7:10 pm
Last Post: Excited Penguin
  Why doesn't the United States follow it's own rules when it comes to the 1st amendmen GoHalos1993 18 5423 December 31, 2015 at 2:17 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Over Here Fox 'News' Would Have A Shit Fit Over This Minimalist 14 2237 December 8, 2014 at 10:16 pm
Last Post: Losty
  Kim Jung Un to US: Ban The Interview or else attack! Creed of Heresy 27 6578 June 27, 2014 at 6:29 am
Last Post: Crossless2.0
  Colorado jury duty and breach of separation of church and state. guestatheist14 6 2358 February 2, 2014 at 3:03 am
Last Post: guestatheist14