Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 7, 2024, 11:44 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Colorado parents of transgender 1st-grader file complaint over restroom ban
RE: Colorado parents of transgender 1st-grader file complaint over restroom ban
(March 2, 2013 at 11:38 pm)Shell B Wrote:
Quote:This is the argument from incredulity fallacy. Can you articulate exactly what you find wrong with her undergoing hormone therapy?

Ugh. I'm getting so tired of teaching logic in this forum. I understand basic fucking logic and still I see so many misuses. There actually has to incredulity for it to be an argument from incredulity.

Let's pretend that her having hormone therapy is p. Things that are not good are q. For this to be an argument from incredulity, it would have to go something like:

1. She is getting p

2. I cannot imagine p being ~q

Therefore, p is q

or

1. She is getting p

2. No one can explain why p is ~q

Therefore, p is q

or

1. She is getting p

2. No one can imagine p being ~q

Therefore, p is q

Since I did not construct an argument at all, but rather only gave my conclusion, you cannot have any of the above or any imagined arguments from incredulity you may have mustered. It would be fucking stupendous if people in this forum would stop trying to gain the upper hand by pulling fucking logic out of their asses hoping that the audience is ignorant.

Construct an argument next time then rather than leaving us to infer.

Quote:Now, moving on, pumping hormones into children is bad form for several reasons. Instead of spoon feeding them to you, I'll just give you a general idea via an expert. Given that you have a history of being contrary for the sake of being contrary, I won't put much of my own effort in, unless you state your opinion from the get-go and make an honest debate out of it.

Quote:Estrogen may cause growth to slow or stop early in children who take large doses for a long time. Estrogen may also affect the timing and speed of sexual development in children.

And a slew of other side effects http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/drugi...de-effects

So, pretty much fuck any parent who thinks gender identity in a prepubescent child is important enough to risk the health of a six-year-old.

This is more like it. I'm not going to argue with you on that.

(March 2, 2013 at 11:42 pm)Shell B Wrote:
Quote:And if they could, would they want to? Because I thought they would rather have vaginas.

Hardly matters. They have penises. Penises do not belong in ladies rooms. You can see slightly through the cracks in doors. It's not all about rape or assault, nor have I even slightly made it such.

If it's not about rape or assault, then what's the problem with penises? Is this just some irrational fear of yours of penises in the ladies room?

Quote:And would they be any more threatening than natural women lesbians? A lesbian could rape too with a strap on, or even without one for that matter.

Quote:Again, we're not just talking about rape. However, if we were, I would take a lesser risk than the obvious greater risk. Not to mention the fact that, when I talked about rape, I was not talking about transgender individuals raping people. I was talking about unisex bathrooms making it not suspicious for men to follow women into bathrooms and vice versa. Are you purposely moving the goalposts?

No, I just can't see any possible reason why somebody would fear penises in the women's restroom if it wasn't for fear of rape or assault. It just doesn't make any sense whatsoever to me at all.

Quote:ETA: Now, I do not mind if transgender individuals use the bathroom so much that I would put up a stink about civilized individuals doing it without making it obvious or making some point about it. There is no harm if no one notices. There is harm if your dick is swinging while you are peeing or you are peeing with your ass to the door, which I previously mentioned a child might easily see through unwittingly.

What "harm" is this exactly?
My ignore list

"The lord doesn't work in mysterious ways, but in ways that are indistinguishable from his nonexistence."
-- George Yorgo Veenhuyzen quoted by John W. Loftus in The End of Christianity (p. 103).

Messages In This Thread
RE: Colorado parents of transgender 1st-grader file complaint over restroom ban - by Tea Earl Grey Hot - March 2, 2013 at 11:55 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  transgender military ban to go into effect Fake Messiah 20 2637 January 25, 2019 at 12:28 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Trump's ban on Muslims WinterHold 51 6753 March 6, 2017 at 10:31 pm
Last Post: SteelCurtain
  1st 100 days? Blue Man 7 1249 February 16, 2017 at 4:37 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Pence Defends Trump’s Criticism of Judge Who Blocked Travel Ban Foxaèr 3 856 February 5, 2017 at 9:41 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Poll of over 3000 U.S. troops: Gary Johnson preffered over Clinton, Trump ReptilianPeon 7 1846 July 22, 2016 at 11:22 am
Last Post: CapnAwesome
  This Sick 20-Year-Old Wants Her Parents Prosecuted Manowar 15 1993 April 16, 2016 at 7:10 pm
Last Post: Excited Penguin
  Why doesn't the United States follow it's own rules when it comes to the 1st amendmen GoHalos1993 18 5432 December 31, 2015 at 2:17 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Over Here Fox 'News' Would Have A Shit Fit Over This Minimalist 14 2239 December 8, 2014 at 10:16 pm
Last Post: Losty
  Kim Jung Un to US: Ban The Interview or else attack! Creed of Heresy 27 6588 June 27, 2014 at 6:29 am
Last Post: Crossless2.0
  Colorado jury duty and breach of separation of church and state. guestatheist14 6 2359 February 2, 2014 at 3:03 am
Last Post: guestatheist14