Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 29, 2024, 10:02 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Colorado parents of transgender 1st-grader file complaint over restroom ban
RE: Colorado parents of transgender 1st-grader file complaint over restroom ban
(March 4, 2013 at 2:59 pm)Shell B Wrote: TEGH, it is not unlikely. Those gaps are massive in some places. I accidentally see shit all the time. I also suggest logic courses become mandatory for people who are going to pretend they know how to debate formally in this forum.

Let's see, I doubt any crack would be greater than half an inch. You would have get close to the crack and focus beyond it. Stalls aren't well lit. I really can't believe you've seen anything unless it was on purpose (which is not something I believe you'd do).

I've taken at least one college course that taught logic. I've studied deductive logic on my own as well from a book on logic. I've read at least two books on logical fallacies. Sure, I'm certainly not a philosopher and I plan (and need to) on studying logic much more in depth in the future but I'm not some r/atheism retard who learned a logical fallacy from a meme either.

Now the appeal to definition fallacy is as follows (taken from logicallyfallacious.com):

Quote:The dictionary definition of X does not mention Y.
Therefore Y must not be part of X.

Your argument is similar:

The men's restroom was designed with penises in mind. The women's room was designed with vaginas in mind. Therefore, humans with penises should not use women's and vice versa.

What you have failed to supply is why the intended design of something should be the final authority in all cases.

Aside from all of this, you have twice now ignored my request to explain why you think a girl seeing a penis is so harmful.
My ignore list

"The lord doesn't work in mysterious ways, but in ways that are indistinguishable from his nonexistence."
-- George Yorgo Veenhuyzen quoted by John W. Loftus in The End of Christianity (p. 103).

Messages In This Thread
RE: Colorado parents of transgender 1st-grader file complaint over restroom ban - by Tea Earl Grey Hot - March 4, 2013 at 7:56 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  transgender military ban to go into effect Fake Messiah 20 2636 January 25, 2019 at 12:28 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Trump's ban on Muslims WinterHold 51 6727 March 6, 2017 at 10:31 pm
Last Post: SteelCurtain
  1st 100 days? Blue Man 7 1248 February 16, 2017 at 4:37 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Pence Defends Trump’s Criticism of Judge Who Blocked Travel Ban Foxaèr 3 855 February 5, 2017 at 9:41 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Poll of over 3000 U.S. troops: Gary Johnson preffered over Clinton, Trump ReptilianPeon 7 1846 July 22, 2016 at 11:22 am
Last Post: CapnAwesome
  This Sick 20-Year-Old Wants Her Parents Prosecuted Manowar 15 1989 April 16, 2016 at 7:10 pm
Last Post: Excited Penguin
  Why doesn't the United States follow it's own rules when it comes to the 1st amendmen GoHalos1993 18 5426 December 31, 2015 at 2:17 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Over Here Fox 'News' Would Have A Shit Fit Over This Minimalist 14 2238 December 8, 2014 at 10:16 pm
Last Post: Losty
  Kim Jung Un to US: Ban The Interview or else attack! Creed of Heresy 27 6581 June 27, 2014 at 6:29 am
Last Post: Crossless2.0
  Colorado jury duty and breach of separation of church and state. guestatheist14 6 2359 February 2, 2014 at 3:03 am
Last Post: guestatheist14