Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 3:54 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sister asked me to be 'God father' to her son
RE: Sister asked me to be 'God father' to her son
@tackattack This is coming from someone who believes in God. Take that elsewhere man. I respect your right to be on this fourm and share what you have to say, but anything you speak on the matter of religion or how I should feel about being a whiteness to a christening is irrelevant. Think about it, the reason I have a problem with doing it, is because it involves something that is made up woo woo bullshit. Responses like yours, are the reason, I never discuss anything with faith, with any family member, because their so quick to judge.

@everyone else - Yes sorry, I should i stated its in the Catholic faith. Thanks everyone for your responses, the reason, I post these, is because this is the only place, where I can talk to fellow Atheists, as in my personal life, I have no other person with a Atheist view, very unfortunate.

Anyways, @Fake Messiah got it best, what I'm trying to convey, it's not that I have a problem being my sister's son's 'God father' the issue is this matter is automatically made to have a religious attachment, which makes me angry. She doesn't view it as just moral guidance, she views it as a religious teaching, which is even more laughable. Religion has no damn morals.

@onlinebiker That's the reason, I'm not sucking it up and just doing it man, it's that I couldn't ever imagine doing it in the first place, because of just what the matter is at hand.

@arewethereyet Yes I agree, it's nice. But, had a sour taste, after my sister commented 'okay, well then I guess you can't do it', because of the religious side. That pisses me off, honestly been thinking about limiting contact with all my family even more, because, their the only ones in my life, that have judged me for being an Atheist Their just standard Catholics, not as crazy as fundamentalists, but still crazy. I think being militant has always given me the knowledge to shut down any family, that brings up religious bullshit. I can't stand to see my niece and nephew be taught fake made up stories, to have everyone in the world feel a reason for 'a meaning of life'. I worry about them all the time, being brought to church, be be indoctrinated into religious bullshit.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Sister asked me to be 'God father' to her son - by brewer - November 23, 2020 at 6:48 pm
RE: Sister asked me to be 'God father' to her son - by Apollo - November 23, 2020 at 8:36 pm
RE: Sister asked me to be 'God father' to her son - by Rahn127 - November 23, 2020 at 10:47 pm
RE: Sister asked me to be 'God father' to her son - by Tomatoshadow2 - November 24, 2020 at 4:54 am
RE: Sister asked me to be 'God father' to her son - by Ranjr - November 26, 2020 at 11:38 am
RE: Sister asked me to be 'God father' to her son - by Rev. Rye - November 26, 2020 at 12:21 pm
RE: Sister asked me to be 'God father' to her son - by Foxaèr - November 29, 2020 at 10:22 am
RE: Sister asked me to be 'God father' to her son - by Foxaèr - November 29, 2020 at 10:35 am
RE: Sister asked me to be 'God father' to her son - by Foxaèr - November 29, 2020 at 10:37 am
RE: Sister asked me to be 'God father' to her son - by Foxaèr - November 29, 2020 at 10:39 am

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Atheists being asked about the existence of Jesus Der/die AtheistIn 154 17288 January 24, 2019 at 1:30 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  God can come 2nd to my son..... maestroanth 6 1385 January 1, 2017 at 2:31 pm
Last Post: Joods
  My father Lucifer 13 1856 July 9, 2016 at 1:22 pm
Last Post: robvalue
  So, my son attends school at the church Easy Guns 44 9007 January 11, 2016 at 6:14 am
Last Post: GUBU
  I Wanted to Punch Her in the Face lezbehonest 48 7398 January 7, 2015 at 9:21 pm
Last Post: psychoslice
  Holy father vs. unicorns g0sU 15 3659 August 21, 2014 at 10:56 am
Last Post: Diablo
  Father Disowned Me Because I'm Still Atheist LivingNumbers6.626 160 30396 June 11, 2014 at 4:07 pm
Last Post: Cyberman
  My girlfriend got discriminated by some of her family MJ the Skeptical 27 4926 June 7, 2014 at 10:29 pm
Last Post: Wyrd of Gawd
  Atheist Sues After NJ Rejects Her License Plate Manowar 30 6326 April 20, 2014 at 10:24 pm
Last Post: Tartarus Sauce
  At what age did you stop praying to Father Christmas Mudhammam 13 4183 January 15, 2014 at 10:08 pm
Last Post: Ryantology