Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 4:10 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Right to die
Right to die
Do you think voluntary euthanasia should be legal all in democratic countries?

Discuss.
RE: Right to die
Yes, though it needs regulation.
(July 24, 2012 at 2:57 pm)Welsh cake Wrote: Do you think voluntary euthanasia should be legal all in democratic countries?

Discuss.

Yes.

Because.
Yes.

( Why is "Yes" too short an answer for a "yes or no" question?

This should now be long enough to satisfy the software.)
Yes. While I would strongly advise against it in many situations, people do have the right to take their own life if they desire (except maybe in the situation where they are deemed incompetent to make that decision)
We all have it but there are some I wish would exercise it more than they do.

Angel Cloud
Well, as Whateverist said, we already have this right (whether or not it is officially recognized). I can't see it ever being practical in our overly litigious culture though. Imagine how hefty the waivers, affidavits, and notarized documents would have to be if a disagreement arose between a provider and a client's survivors? Even if all of this were handled, there would still be run of the mill impropriety on top. As a right it seems like a no brainer, as a service (which is all we'd actually be talking about in the end) it would stretch our system of law. It's probably doable, but I don't know that we'd actually stick with it long enough to iron it out.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
I don't think a person has a right to kill themselves without justification, much like, a person can't kill another person without justification.
(July 24, 2012 at 3:29 pm)MysticKnight Wrote: I don't think a person has a right to kill themselves without justification, much like, a person can't kill another person without justification.

I don't have the right to force another person to smoke, therefore I dont have the right to smoke?
(July 24, 2012 at 2:59 pm)Shell B Wrote: Yes, though it needs regulation.

What she said.

I think people with debilitating illnesses should be allowed, but those with mental conditions that are treatable, no. But i'm no doctor.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Shouldn't the right to die be a human right? ErGingerbreadMandude 174 17682 February 4, 2017 at 7:52 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  How do you punish people that want to die? ReptilianPeon 16 3949 July 5, 2015 at 3:17 pm
Last Post: Whateverist
  The cosmological argument really needs to die already. Freedom of thought 16 4278 December 13, 2013 at 10:07 am
Last Post: Esquilax
Lightbulb Help me I'm watching myself die in time/my life is going by as I blink my eyes. constantgamer247 45 14184 May 13, 2012 at 7:16 pm
Last Post: Norfolk And Chance