Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 4:26 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Another Reason To Legalize Marijuana: It Can Now Fight Cancer
Another Reason To Legalize Marijuana: It Can Now Fight Cancer
Quote:The evidence on legalizing marijuana continues to mount. This time, it’s a new study that found marijuana could fight the growth of breast cancer and other types of aggressive cancer and potentially save many lives from this disease.

This finding was discovered on accident when Cristina Sanchez, a biologist at Complutense University in Madrid, was studying cell metabolism in cancer patients. Each time the brain cancer cells she was studying were exposed to tetrahydrocannabinol (THC), the principal compound in marijuana, they died–leading her, and others, to believe that pot could be a new anti-cancer drug that halts the growth of aggressive forms of cancer.

Some cancer patients have been using marijuana for years to manage the awful symptoms of this disease, including nausea, pain, loss of appetite or fatigue. But now, scientists believe it could also have a direct anti-tumoral effect.

Pierre Desprez, one of the scientists behind the discovery, told The Huffington Post: It took us about 20 years of research to figure this out, but we are very excited. We want to get started with trials as soon as possible.

http://blisstree.com/live/another-reason...ancer-632/
RE: Another Reason To Legalize Marijuana: It Can Now Fight Cancer
(September 23, 2012 at 11:50 pm)cratehorus Wrote:
Quote:The evidence on legalizing marijuana continues to mount. This time, it’s a new study that found marijuana could fight the growth of breast cancer and other types of aggressive cancer and potentially save many lives from this disease.

This finding was discovered on accident when Cristina Sanchez, a biologist at Complutense University in Madrid, was studying cell metabolism in cancer patients. Each time the brain cancer cells she was studying were exposed to tetrahydrocannabinol (THC), the principal compound in marijuana, they died–leading her, and others, to believe that pot could be a new anti-cancer drug that halts the growth of aggressive forms of cancer.

Some cancer patients have been using marijuana for years to manage the awful symptoms of this disease, including nausea, pain, loss of appetite or fatigue. But now, scientists believe it could also have a direct anti-tumoral effect.

Pierre Desprez, one of the scientists behind the discovery, told The Huffington Post: It took us about 20 years of research to figure this out, but we are very excited. We want to get started with trials as soon as possible.

http://blisstree.com/live/another-reason...ancer-632/

Okay, first off, I'm totally for legalising marijuana, I love the stuff! But I hate it when people try argue that it should be legalised because "it's good for you".

Whilst it may help with some strains of cancer, it is also well known that it is linked to the cause of other strains, for example:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/health/health...study.html

Marijuana has gone through a lot of bad press and propaganda over the years, and has earned a reputation it really doesn't deserve, but that doesn't mean it's good, it just means it's not as bad as your Grandparents thought it was.

For the most part it's harmless, and it most certainly should be legalised, but it should be legalised with the truth.

In my opinion we should be saying, "I like to smoke weed, and I'm not hurting anyone by doing it or hurting myself nearly as much as I would drinking alcohol." is a better campaign than, "Smoke weed! It'll cure your cancer!"
I would love to see marijuana legalized, because it's a good analgesic.
When I was young, there was a god with infinite power protecting me. Is there anyone else who felt that way? And was sure about it? but the first time I fell in love, I was thrown down - or maybe I broke free - and I bade farewell to God and became human. Now I don't have God's protection, and I walk on the ground without wings, but I don't regret this hardship. I want to live as a person. -Arina Tanemura

(September 24, 2012 at 4:59 am)Kayenneh Wrote: I would love to see marijuana legalized, because it's a good analgesic.

It's also an awesome pastime! Big Grin
(September 24, 2012 at 5:16 am)Dumac Dwarfking Wrote: It's also an awesome pastime! Big Grin

So I've heard Big Grin
When I was young, there was a god with infinite power protecting me. Is there anyone else who felt that way? And was sure about it? but the first time I fell in love, I was thrown down - or maybe I broke free - and I bade farewell to God and became human. Now I don't have God's protection, and I walk on the ground without wings, but I don't regret this hardship. I want to live as a person. -Arina Tanemura

(September 24, 2012 at 3:53 am)Dumac Dwarfking Wrote: Whilst it may help with some strains of cancer, it is also well known that it is linked to the cause of other strains, for example:

Smoke is carcinogenic. Smoking anything may cause cancer. Let me know when they do a study that includes vaporization & edibles.
"How is it that a lame man does not annoy us while a lame mind does? Because a lame man recognizes that we are walking straight, while a lame mind says that it is we who are limping." - Pascal
Sorry, if this is true why wasn't it reported by Reuters or one of the other worlds leading news sources?
Seems alittle odd.

By the way, are you the one who originally said it cures cancer then?
So excited to meet you. :-)
"That is not dead which can eternal lie and with strange aeons even death may die." 
- Abdul Alhazred.
(September 24, 2012 at 6:22 am)RaphielDrake Wrote: Sorry, if this is true why wasn't it reported by Reuters or one of the other worlds leading news sources?
Seems alittle odd.

Oddly enough, we've apparently known marijuana has some cancer-fighting qualities since 1972. Look at numbers 2 thru 5.
"How is it that a lame man does not annoy us while a lame mind does? Because a lame man recognizes that we are walking straight, while a lame mind says that it is we who are limping." - Pascal
(September 24, 2012 at 6:31 am)Jaysyn Wrote:
(September 24, 2012 at 6:22 am)RaphielDrake Wrote: Sorry, if this is true why wasn't it reported by Reuters or one of the other worlds leading news sources?
Seems alittle odd.

Oddly enough, we've apparently known marijuana has some cancer-fighting qualities since 1972. Look at numbers 2 thru 5.

Right but if this is the case, if it is like a cure why aren't there scientists looking at his findings and going ":-O We must pursue this!" Why aren't the best news sources reporting this?
I mean I've heard pretty much the same research report for the last eight years. I'm not going to deny it counters wasting effects and for that reason alone it should be legal.
All I'm saying is; "It cures cancer", really? Does it?
Lets look at the source for a second; BlueHoney.org The Infinite Mushroom... yeah, they totally sound unbiased.
"That is not dead which can eternal lie and with strange aeons even death may die." 
- Abdul Alhazred.
This is crackers.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  You think people who hate Queen Elizabeth 2 is same reason MAGA people hated Obama Woah0 13 1199 December 20, 2022 at 3:55 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Can Cancer be cured by punching things Sweden83 15 604 December 5, 2020 at 1:49 pm
Last Post: onlinebiker
  Republican Representative compares his party's fight to Imperial Japanese Soldiers Rev. Rye 2 265 November 24, 2020 at 10:12 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Why is it so hard to reason with pro-lifers? Dingo 32 2105 October 12, 2020 at 3:44 pm
Last Post: Dingo
  Wonder where this is now? Sitting in a trash can somewhere? A Godzilla fan 5 644 July 16, 2019 at 10:38 am
Last Post: Drich
  Trump's Wall (A momentary lapse of reason) sammiedee 23 1565 June 26, 2019 at 6:27 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  War is nonsense and manipulation and there is no reason to fight? Interaktive 47 3208 March 31, 2019 at 9:41 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Stop trying to reason with Trump supporters GODZILLA 21 2386 January 20, 2019 at 7:21 pm
Last Post: GUBU
  So I guess since the GOP is in power now they really don't give a fuck about this now GODZILLA 3 1219 June 29, 2018 at 7:36 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Farm Bill Food Fight The Grand Nudger 20 3520 May 15, 2018 at 8:48 pm
Last Post: Fireball