Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 23, 2024, 4:09 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wow these crazy's were pushy!
Wow these crazy's were pushy!
Hello my new friends, I don't know any of you yet, but as we get to know each other we'll develop a close online bond, I just know it! But that said, you'll never believe this story.

You can't force your beliefs on others, no matter how much you push them. I hold strong views myself, but I don't force them onto others.

I was at work today and these two crazys showed up, stated that they represent "an independent political party" (their exact words) and then started going on about how the Australian economy is fucked. So I said to them "look I'm already a member of a political party". Their response "is it helping Australia?" I said "they represent what I agree with".

Then they spurted on about how the major parties in Australia are both fucked because they represent the "popular view" and not what is right, etc. We're all doomed.

Here's their website if you want to read up on their rubbish!

Firstly, they have no idea what they're doing. I told them I was a member of a political party, and they continued forcing their opinion on me. That's not the way to promote your political party (or your religion for that matter)! Also, I don't know what they were thinking going business to business instead of door to door (residential) - if you're going to go business to business to promote your political party, then you do it to talk business. You know something like - "Hi, my name is Daniel, I'm a member of the Liberal party, would you like to know a bit about what we'd like to do help local businesses?" No? "Well then is there anything you'd like to discuss?" Nup - end of discussion.

If I was doorknocking and someone told me they're a member of a political party, I'd say "thanks anyway" - since when do you try and force your views upon those who make it clear where their political alliance is? "What, you're a member of the ALP? How dare you!! You're party's fucked" - rofl, I'd look like an idiot if I did that! And to end - W.T.F. is an "independent political party" anyway? Independent of what exactly?! Common sense?

Wow, look at this- you can join the party online - what kind of political party lets you join up online?! Without even affirming a constitution?!
RE: Wow these crazy's were pushy!
(November 1, 2012 at 4:52 am)Daniel Wrote: Hello my new friends, I don't know any of you yet, but as we get to know each other we'll develop a close online bond, I just know it! But that said, you'll never believe this story.

Hi Daniel. Sorry I missed your introduction thread .... so Welcome to AF.org

(November 1, 2012 at 4:52 am)Daniel Wrote: You can't force your beliefs on others, no matter how much you push them. I hold strong views myself, but I don't force them onto others.

So far so good. Agree with you.

(November 1, 2012 at 4:52 am)Daniel Wrote: I was at work today and these two crazys showed up, stated that they represent "an independent political party" (their exact words) and then started going on about how the Australian economy is fucked. So I said to them "look I'm already a member of a political party". Their response "is it helping Australia?" I said "they represent what I agree with".

Fair enough mate. Fellow Aussie here

(November 1, 2012 at 4:52 am)Daniel Wrote: Then they spurted on about how the major parties in Australia are both fucked because they represent the "popular view" and not what is right, etc. We're all doomed.

Here's their website if you want to read up on their rubbish!

Firstly, they have no idea what they're doing. I told them I was a member of a political party, and they continued forcing their opinion on me. That's not the way to promote your political party (or your religion for that matter)! Also, I don't know what they were thinking going business to business instead of door to door (residential) - if you're going to go business to business to promote your political party, then you do it to talk business. You know something like - "Hi, my name is Daniel, I'm a member of the Liberal party, would you like to know a bit about what we'd like to do help local businesses?" No? "Well then is there anything you'd like to discuss?" Nup - end of discussion.

If I was doorknocking and someone told me they're a member of a political party, I'd say "thanks anyway" - since when do you try and force your views upon those who make it clear where their political alliance is? "What, you're a member of the ALP? How dare you!! You're party's fucked" - rofl, I'd look like an idiot if I did that! And to end - W.T.F. is an "independent political party" anyway? Independent of what exactly?! Common sense?

Wow, look at this- you can join the party online - what kind of political party lets you join up online?! Without even affirming a constitution?!

Feel better now mate??

Funny how no one has ever heard of this Lyndon la Roche till now.

Looks likely a spin off of the Greens ...aka not worth venting your spleen over.

But yeah I take the point of politics is becoming more and more liken to a religion replete with unsolicited evangelicalism that totally invades one's privacy.
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5

I didn't know they had Anglicans in France.

[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
(November 1, 2012 at 7:55 am)KichigaiNeko Wrote: Feel better now mate??
Yep! I thought you guys might like a laugh. Their beliefs are pretty extreme. End manditory voting, end foreign investment, etc...
(November 1, 2012 at 7:55 am)KichigaiNeko Wrote: But yeah I take the point of politics is becoming more and more liken to a religion replete with unsolicited evangelicalism that totally invades one's privacy.
Door to door is fine, I have no problem with it, what I have a problem with is forcing people to listen to your views when they don't want to. That's what the internet's for!

Even Jehovah Witnesses aren't pushy compared with these guys. I know a bloke who targets JW's - if he sees them in public, he get out his KJV Bible and go at it with them (the KJV is the only translation of the Bible besides the NWT the JW's are allowed to read).
(November 1, 2012 at 9:12 am)Daniel Wrote: I know a bloke who targets JW's - if he sees them in public, he get out his KJV Bible and go at it with them (the KJV is the only translation of the Bible besides the NWT the JW's are allowed to read).

The French have a word for that. Votre ami est fou.

Maintenant, va te faire fou/tre!

Tongue

[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
People who trap you in place are the real annoying buggers. A Mormon talked with me for 10 minutes once while I was stuck waiting for the bus. I suppose he was feeling persistent. Even though I was saying repeatedly that I don't believe in God at all in different ways. Did he think irritating me while I couldn't leave was going to convince me of anything?
Wanting to end mandatory voting is extreme? (not that a lot of their other stuff doesnt seem to be extreme)

Fellow Aussie =P
Never heard of those guys before.
Their policies seem all over the shop, does not look like a greens offshoot. Global warming is a hoax, wage a REAL war on drugs, nationalise all natural resources...
Nemo me impune lacessit.
(November 1, 2012 at 11:29 am)Stue Denim Wrote: Wanting to end mandatory voting is extreme?
To me it's as extreme as wanting to abolish juries in all courts. Look how much money the yanks have to spend and the show they need to put on just to get people to the pooling booths. Setting up optional voting results in those who can afford to spend the most on their political campaign being the most likely to win their campaign (just like the yanks).
(November 1, 2012 at 7:55 am)KichigaiNeko Wrote: Feel better now mate??

Funny how no one has ever heard of this Lyndon la Roche till now.

Looks likely a spin off of the Greens ...aka not worth venting your spleen over.

But yeah I take the point of politics is becoming more and more liken to a religion replete with unsolicited evangelicalism that totally invades one's privacy.

The Citizens Electoral Council have been around for ages, I remember as a 13 year old encountering them in the streets of Suburban Hobart.

Anyway the Citizens Electoral Council are hard to identify politically, when you read an outline of their platform. As I see it they are extremely protectionist in their economic policies and want to go back to the days of Fortress Australia, when there was economic protectionism around the board.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Citizens_El...l#Platform
undefined
In Australia, what do you do when there is no party you want to vote for? Can you just hand in an empty ballot?
Cunt

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Bacha Bazi: how poor Afghani boys were raped. WinterHold 76 5673 December 29, 2022 at 2:25 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  Lady Gaga, Wow! AFTT47 20 974 January 21, 2021 at 6:06 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  What do you think all these GOP senators get in return for brown nosing Trump? A Godzilla fan 15 1619 September 30, 2019 at 11:52 am
Last Post: A Godzilla fan
  So....why are crazy leaders always have a funny hair or facial hair? WinterHold 23 3260 July 31, 2019 at 9:50 am
Last Post: Drich
  How Crazy Is Arizona? Minimalist 19 1762 November 13, 2018 at 7:02 pm
Last Post: GUBU
  That's odd...I thought we were a nation of laws? GODZILLA 24 4827 June 25, 2018 at 7:11 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  You Were Stupid. Will You Still Be Stupid in 2020? Minimalist 39 5096 May 15, 2018 at 7:59 pm
Last Post: Wyrd of Gawd
  Just Run of the Mill Corruption With These Scumbags Minimalist 8 1901 May 10, 2018 at 2:40 pm
Last Post: Fireball
  Yeah, We Know, Charlie. But These Are Your Friends Minimalist 3 1006 March 28, 2018 at 9:10 am
Last Post: vorlon13
  Wow Can't Say I Disagree Minimalist 10 3170 December 13, 2017 at 3:21 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet