Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 10:01 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gimmah the evidence
Gimmah the evidence
Few hundreds years ago when Galileo and other scientists were saying that the planet earth was not flat and was not the center of the universe the ignorant masses were saying.........GIMMAH THE EVIDENCE.
It took few more hundreds years for the ignorant masses to understand how the physical system works.
Nowadays we got the same problem.
Not in the science of physics but in the science of consciousness.
As Galileo and other scientists found difficult to give evidence of their theories to the masses that lack knowledge in physical science also today is quite difficult to give evidence to people who lack knowledge in intuitive science.
Galileo did not have a spaceship to take the masses up in the space so they could see the planet earth round like a ball and also they could see their planet as a small piece of dust compared to the vast universe.
Nowadays is also not possible to show the hidden consciousness that lie within like the part of the iceberg under the water unless one make the effort to bring this part of consciousness above.
Considering that these days everything move a lot faster then during Galileo time it should not take very long to see the day in which people wake up and grow up.
Materialism, communism, capitalism religious dogmas are at the end of their run and like and old vehicle that can not keep pace in the fast highway of the future they will be dump in the rubbish bin of history.Angel Cloud
RE: Gimmah the evidence

[Image: attention%20whore.jpg]

For more of the same shit, see the following of enrico's threads about ridding yourself of dogma and karma via "intuitional science," yoga and so on:
http://atheistforums.org/thread-17736.html
http://atheistforums.org/thread-18028.html
http://atheistforums.org/thread-18616.html
http://atheistforums.org/thread-19017.html
http://atheistforums.org/thread-19299.html

"The invisible and the non-existent look very much alike."
Delos B. McKown

[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
Someone thinks quite highly of himself.
apophenia Wrote:For more of the same shit, see the following of enrico's threads about ridding yourself of dogma and karma via "intuitional science," yoga and so on

This come from someone who said that she practice yoga for 30 years to then show that she did not know the meaning of yoga.Smile

Faith No More Wrote:Someone thinks quite highly of himself.

Rather then high i would say correct as far as forecasts.
Communism is gone, capitalism is on the brink of total collapse, religions are almost dead in the west, in the muslim world they are killing each other.
Materialism turn normal people into zombies and spirituality is slowly replacing old dogmas.
I may feel high but not about my ego.
It is all related to be happy to see the changes that are taking place, nothing else really.Smile
(June 16, 2013 at 3:38 am)enrico Wrote:
apophenia Wrote:For more of the same shit, see the following of enrico's threads about ridding yourself of dogma and karma via "intuitional science," yoga and so on

This come from someone who said that she practice yoga for 30 years to then show that she did not know the meaning of yoga.Smile

And now you're just a liar. We don't need to worry about "intuitive science" here. Back up your words with evidence from anything that I've written.

Show me where it was demonstrated that I don't know the meaning of yoga. Put up or shutup.

What I recall was me asking you what the nature of my yoga was, and you pulling a bunch of shit from your ass because you were too afraid to admit that you didn't know.

(May 22, 2013 at 5:46 pm)apophenia Wrote: Regardless, the nature of my yoga is not hidden. The nature of my yoga is clearly visible. If you cannot tell me the nature of my yoga, I can only presume that you are blind and cannot see.

What is the nature of my yoga?
(May 24, 2013 at 9:06 am)enrico Wrote: It is very limited and it is like the one of a student that studying only one subject out of all the subjects that suppose to study say......[Here you claim to know. Can you name my yoga?]
....I KNOW AND I AM COMPETENT AND KNOWLEDGEABLE IN MY STUDIES.
Unfortunately for you it does not work like this.
You probably do only yoga exercises which by the way are called asanas. [Here you imply that you are only guessing. Which is it? Do you know or not know?]
To practice the real yoga one has got to practice tantric meditation, asanas, vegan or vegetarian diet, and other things that help in the effort to reach the ultimate goal. [And here you claim there are false and true practices.]
The real meaning of yoga is UNION WITH THE INFINTY.
This union is consciousness union not body union so when you ask me how i do know that a robot can not develop a consciousness you automatically show that you have no idea what yoga is and therefore you show that what you practice is not real yoga.
[Sorry, it doesn't work that way. A question is not a declarative statement and therefore can show no such thing. But thanks for playing.]

[Image: D7612546_714_936437357]

(June 15, 2013 at 7:55 am)enrico Wrote: Few hundreds years ago when Galileo and other scientists were saying that the planet earth was not flat and was not the center of the universe the ignorant masses were saying.........GIMMAH THE EVIDENCE.
It took few more hundreds years for the ignorant masses to understand how the physical system works.
Nowadays we got the same problem.
Not in the science of physics but in the science of consciousness.
As Galileo and other scientists found difficult to give evidence of their theories to the masses that lack knowledge in physical science also today is quite difficult to give evidence to people who lack knowledge in intuitive science.
Galileo did not have a spaceship to take the masses up in the space so they could see the planet earth round like a ball and also they could see their planet as a small piece of dust compared to the vast universe.
Nowadays is also not possible to show the hidden consciousness that lie within like the part of the iceberg under the water unless one make the effort to bring this part of consciousness above.
Considering that these days everything move a lot faster then during Galileo time it should not take very long to see the day in which people wake up and grow up.
Materialism, communism, capitalism religious dogmas are at the end of their run and like and old vehicle that can not keep pace in the fast highway of the future they will be dump in the rubbish bin of history.Angel Cloud

I disagree with all of the above.

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

[Image: D7612546_714_946513127]

(June 10, 2013 at 7:54 am)enrico Wrote:
(June 9, 2013 at 7:10 pm)apophenia Wrote: If you have evidence that something more than the forces of nature exists, bring it.
I suggest you to give a look here just to compare your knowledge with Sarkar ideas.

http://microvita.org/
Wikipedia Wrote:Microvita theory

"Microvita" is plural for "Micro-vitum" and literally means "micro-life". The Microvita theory was first introduced by Sarkar on 1986 through a series of lectures. According to this intuitional theory microvita are entities which come within the realms both of physicality of psychic expression. They are smaller and subtler than physical atoms and subatomic particles, and in the psychic realm they may be subtler than mind–stuff, and contribute to "pure consciousness". [Prabhat Ranjan] Sarkar predicted that they will soon be recognized by conventional science.

Curiously, Sarkar died 4 years later in 1990, yet the Ananda Marga ("Path Of Bliss") movement he founded still proudly proclaims that scientific evidence for micro-vita will be found "real soon now."

Even more curious is the fact that since the death of its founder Sarkar, the organization has split due to a segment of its membership claiming to still be in communion with the dead philosopher, Prabhat Ranjan Sarkar. I predict Sarkar won't reincarnate to inhabit a new body anytime in the near future, or, at least, not if his followers have any say in the matter. What's even more curious is the rather haphazard trail of murder, mayhem, and political violence left by this religious cult.

Quote:Prabhat Ranjan Sarkar, founder of the Ananda Marga ("The way to bliss") and four of his top lieutenants were convicted of murder, conspiracy and abetting murder. They face a maximum sentence of death by hanging.
A FORMER railway employee known to followers as Ananda Murti, or "bliss personified," Sarkar, 65, founded the cult 30 years ago to bring about "rule by the elite" and rid India of corruption. Thinking
Prosecutors said [Sarkar] masterminded the killings in a Bihar forest of six dissidents who were exposing "the misdeeds and crimes" of the cult.
Quote:Sarker, 61, predicts the cult will rule the world by the year 2005. Looked upon as a god by his devout followers, he teaches that the world is in a state of moral and physical decay. Hope lies only in an “intellectual revolution” led by Ananda Marga, and if that fails, “physical revolution is inevitable.”
Quote:During the 1960s, the organisation [Ananda Marga] expanded rapidly in India sending acaryas as missionaries to other continents ... On 29 December 1971, Sarkar was arrested along with several acaryas for abetting murder of six former disciples .... Ananda Margis undertook terrorist acts for the purpose of freeing Sarkar. In January 1975, Ananda Margis allegedly killed Indian Railway Minister L.N.Mishra and in March 1975, attempted to kill Chief Justice of India. On 26 June 1975, Prime Minister Indira Gandhi declared emergency and banned Ananda Marga along with several other organisations.
Quote:The CBI on Friday told a Delhi court that erstwhile Railway Minister LN Mishra was killed in 1975 in a bomb blast executed by the members of Ananda Marga group as he had the influence over Bihar government and was hinderng the release of their guru, arrested in a murder case.
Quote:During Sarkar's incarceration in the 1970s the organization became associated with terrorist activity, particularly the Sydney Hilton bombing. [Described by Parliament as Australia's only known incident of domestic terrorism.]
Quote:On the morning of April 30, 1982, a nun and 16 Ananda Marga monks were dragged out of taxis that were taking them to an educational conference at their headquarters in Tiljala in Kolkata's southern suburbs. At three spots simultaneously, they were beaten to death and then set on fire. The killings were witnessed by thousands of people. ... The Statesman Weekly reported the state's Chief Minister's suspicious that the attack had been staged to embarrass the party in power prior to the upcoming election. Ananda Marga blamed the attack on the Communist Party of India (Marxist) .... Narasingha Sil discusses at length the state of the reputation of Ananda Marga in the years and months leading up to the massacre. [Narasingha Sil] describes how members of Ananda Marga had engaged in many acts of violence (including murders of members leaving the group)...

apophenia Wrote:...............Sarkar here Sarkar there.......bla....bla...bla....

Ah, ah, ah.....you are a follower of Godschild that say that Jesus said this and that and then instead of quoting Jesus words quote Matthew alleged words.
You do exactly the same.
Instead of quoting Sarkar words you are quoting the corrupted Indian elite that wanted him dead so he could not open the eyes of the masses about their corruption.
Jesus was put up in the cross just because he spoke against the priest corruption.
Similar thing happened to Sarkar for speaking out but what ignorant people who listen to the OFFICIAL media would know?Smile
apophenia Wrote:And now you're just a liar. We don't need to worry about "intuitive science" here. Back up your words with evidence from anything that I've written. Show me where it was demonstrated that I don't know the meaning of yoga. Put up or shutup. What I recall was me asking you what the nature of my yoga was, and you pulling a bunch of shit from your ass because you were too afraid to admit that you didn't know.

Here you say that you practice yoga for 30 years.

http://atheistforums.org/thread-18616-page-9.html
I've been practicing yoga for 30 years, and my conclusion is that you are deluded and wrong. Yay, yoga!

If you really practice yoga and i mean the real yoga (tantric meditation, exercises, veg diet, fasting and so on) then you would automatically know that a robot can not develop consciousness therefore all your talking is nothing else but a load of steaming manure.
The parts to build a robot can be taken from the physical world (metal, plastic etc) but the consciousness can only be taken from a source outside this physical world and so far the scientists can not do that unless they engage in spirituality something that so far has not happened.
Your problem is that you rely on wikipedia or similar sources of information which of course are not always reliable instead of developing
the particular science that involve a particular subjet.
Love already point out to you this problem
Apophenia, I wish you would perform thorough research before posting. If you are unaware, Wikipedia is not an acceptable reference source in a postgraduate (MSc, PhD) academic setting; in certain instances, there is information in Wikipedia that is factually inaccurate.

http://atheistforums.org/thread-18616-page-6.html

to you and you have admitted your mistake

I was unaware that it occurs outside of a neurological incident. Thank you for the correction.

but unfortunately you procrastinate the rot and continue to dump load and load of rubbish and then blame other for your ignorance.Confusedhock:

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Video Neurosurgeon Provides Evidence Against Materialism Guard of Guardians 41 4176 June 17, 2019 at 10:40 pm
Last Post: vulcanlogician
  The Philosophy of Mind: Zombies, "radical emergence" and evidence of non-experiential Edwardo Piet 82 11542 April 29, 2018 at 1:57 am
Last Post: bennyboy
  Testimony is Evidence RoadRunner79 588 115136 September 13, 2017 at 8:17 pm
Last Post: Astonished
  Is the statement "Claims demand evidence" always true? Mudhammam 268 30985 February 3, 2017 at 6:44 pm
Last Post: WisdomOfTheTrees
  Anecdotal Evidence RoadRunner79 395 50590 December 14, 2016 at 2:53 pm
Last Post: downbeatplumb
  What philosophical evidence is there against believing in non-physical entities? joseph_ 150 12078 September 3, 2016 at 11:26 am
Last Post: downbeatplumb
  The nature of evidence Wryetui 150 15212 May 6, 2016 at 6:21 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  Witness Evidence RoadRunner79 248 35133 December 17, 2015 at 7:23 pm
Last Post: bennyboy
  Extraordinary Claims Require Extraordinary Evidence RoadRunner79 184 29081 November 13, 2015 at 12:17 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Miracles are useless as evidence Pizza 0 1226 March 15, 2015 at 7:37 pm
Last Post: Pizza