Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 5:27 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GodsChild a Few Quick Questions?
GodsChild a Few Quick Questions?
GodsChild, since you are a member of my previous faith I would like to ask you a few quick questions. Just some very basic ones about salvation. I don't intend this to involve long rambling Q & As, just the nitty gritty details. I honestly would like these questions answered, not to engage in debate, just to clarify something for myself.

Everyone Else, if you guys and ladies would be so kind, I would appreciate it if you could avoid commenting for the first 5 or 6 questions I have for G-C. Not that I have the right to tell you not to, just as a curtesy.

Thanks.
Everything I needed to know about life I learned on Dagobah.
RE: GodsChild a Few Quick Questions?
(June 26, 2013 at 10:00 am)Rahul Wrote: GodsChild, since you are a member of my previous faith I would like to ask you a few quick questions. Just some very basic ones about salvation. I don't intend this to involve long rambling Q & As, just the nitty gritty details. I honestly would like these questions answered, not to engage in debate, just to clarify something for myself.

Everyone Else, if you guys and ladies would be so kind, I would appreciate it if you could avoid commenting for the first 5 or 6 questions I have for G-C. Not that I have the right to tell you not to, just as a curtesy.

Thanks.

Go ahead, as long as there's no debate, you said you would not debate me unless I believed the Bible was a myth, that will never happen.
God loves those who believe and those who do not and the same goes for me, you have no choice in this matter. That puts the matter of total free will to rest.
(June 26, 2013 at 3:25 pm)Godschild Wrote: Go ahead, as long as there's no debate, you said you would not debate me unless I believed the Bible was a myth, that will never happen.

Actually I only meant for that statement to be relevant for that thread. You are not held to the myth thing anywhere else by me. Let's forget about all that stuff in this thread though. I'm not starting off with the intention of debating.

First question. According to Southern Baptist belief, how is salvation obtained?
I have doubts about this, as calling out other members in a thread is against the forum rules. Couldn't these questions be asked and answered via the PM system?
(June 26, 2013 at 3:25 pm)Godschild Wrote: Go ahead, as long as there's no debate, you said you would not debate me unless I believed the Bible was a myth, that will never happen.

The choice of a person who is incapable of chosing otherwise can never recommend the choice to any rational observer. So your faith in the bible can not but fail to recommend the bible to any rational observer.
(June 26, 2013 at 3:42 pm)LastPoet Wrote: I have doubts about this, as calling out other members in a thread is against the forum rules. Couldn't these questions be asked and answered via the PM system?

I thought "calling someone out" in a thread meant making a post titled something like, "Lastpoet Is A Dirt Bag: Read Why Here!".

I'm not "calling him out". I'm just asking him a few questions.

(June 26, 2013 at 3:48 pm)Chuck Wrote: The choice of a person who is incapable of chosing otherwise can never recommend the choice to any rational observer. So your faith in the bible can not but fail to recommend the bible to any rational observer.

And the derailing already starts. Thanks for helping a brother out. *sighs*

I'm probably going to have to do this via PM. GodsChild, is it ok if I ask you these questions via PM?
Heh, since you asked him politely I've let it go. But indeed, to avoid derailings it would be best done via PM.
(June 26, 2013 at 4:07 pm)LastPoet Wrote: Heh, since you asked him politely I've let it go. But indeed, to avoid derailings it would be best done via PM.

Ok, I found the reference. I actually read the rules to this forum before I joined just so I wouldn't get booted for doing something obviously stupid.

Quote:It is not appropriate to make a public thread to complain about another user.

That's the only thing I can find in the rules about making a thread targeting a specific member. Is there something I'm missing?
In general the staff goes by not letting a public thread to be focused on a particular member. No biggie.
(June 26, 2013 at 4:43 pm)LastPoet Wrote: In general the staff goes by not letting a public thread to be focused on a particular member. No biggie.

Thanks for the clarification, LastPoet.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Did Moses really write the first few books of the bible? T.J. 30 2158 November 19, 2021 at 10:39 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  Why does god put the needs of the few above the need of the many? Greatest I am 69 5261 February 19, 2021 at 10:30 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Evangelicals, Trump and a Quick Bible Study DeistPaladin 52 4727 November 9, 2020 at 3:20 pm
Last Post: downbeatplumb
  Priest publicly wishes for Pope's quick death... c172 18 4859 March 22, 2018 at 1:10 am
Last Post: c172
  Record few Americans believe in Biblical inerrancy. Jehanne 184 22479 December 31, 2017 at 12:37 am
Last Post: vulcanlogician
  I will be gone for a few days Der/die AtheistIn 2 1165 October 19, 2017 at 4:06 pm
Last Post: Der/die AtheistIn
  A few questions for Christians... Simon Moon 7 2179 October 4, 2016 at 3:04 pm
Last Post: Drich
  A few choice words id say. dyresand 50 9816 October 9, 2015 at 8:12 pm
Last Post: Ravenshire
  Theists i want a quick forum chat with you dyresand 24 6367 July 25, 2015 at 2:03 am
Last Post: Wyrd of Gawd
  The Incredibly Stupid Things (Few, Hopefully) Atheists Say Mudhammam 24 7226 April 3, 2015 at 3:02 pm
Last Post: rexbeccarox