Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 29, 2024, 7:00 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
God his own Enemy
God his own Enemy
Greetings,

It can be undoubted that atheists and theists the world over have thoughtfully considered the position of the antagonist (devil) and wondered mightily how there could be room in the peace-loving and holy word of God for an ego greater than his? Is the bible truly nothing more than a chronicle of the effects of competing ego's; divine one-up-man-ship?

In the good book It says that a devil deceives and it says that God deceives. It says that God destroys, it says that the devil destroys. The devil is a lion and so is God. The devil is a thief, God a better thief, as he comes in the night to avoid detection! God hates bankers (see condemnation of usury) yet in the New Testament he uses these very elements as leverage against the principle of our souls (see parable of the ten mina).

In the book of Job we have the antagonist clearly identified - God himself. It is God who informs the devil, "hast thou considered my servant Job?" At which point the devil in all his glory pursues Job *smiting* relentlessly.
The Christian is reminded of Job's courage and due diligence that from his lips he never once cursed God - yet the remainder of his book is a clever catalog of the most irritating and at the same time, informative whining most have had the pleasure of seeing set in print. The most curious combination of woe-is-me's, poor me, what-did-I -do's, ever compiled for historic examination and not once did poor job ever call God a dick, prick of fucktard for his heinous and unscrupulous treatment.

In the book of Revelation we have a dubious figure known as the Beast which in Christian speculation has often been equated with the Antichrist. It is said that this figure will make fire fall from the heavens and other miracles and has the power to deceive (persuade) based upon them. The Christians mindlessly chant, that this is the devil, that old serpent which deceived Eve in the Garden yet when asked, what miracles has the devil ever been credited with? They have no answer. When asked what fire has the devil ever caused to fall from the sky? Simply silence among dim-witted blank stares. However when asked if God has ever deceived anyone the scriptures tell a very sorry tale. When asked has God ever caused fire to fall from the skies, we see he has in several locations.

In conclusion, and I thank all for taking the time to read, we have a few possibilities which necessitate one course of action:

1. Christians are inbred stupid. I don't say this to characterize their raw intellectual capacity - they are quite smart - but the foolhardiness of their inability to properly perceive that many of the biblical passages are straight forward bullocks has the effect of smashing them on the melon with a sledgehammer - dumb, dumber and dumbest.

2. Christians are unwittingly worshiping Satan. I say this because God is ten times worse (understatement) in destructive capacity than the wiles of the devil, therefore must be one - the ultimate devil. In the words of George Burns, "Oh God you Devil."

3. Christians are right and everyone else is wrong. I say this with the most dire grimace - for the devil is alive in me if such a travesty were true - God kills his own son to save mankind form himself? (wtf) God would not have to kill his son any longer as I would gladly kill myself in order to not be a party to the sad an sadistic world that would result if Christianity were allowed to flourish!

The only course of action is to re-institute book burning. First on the list Bibles and Qurans the world over (I am reminded of the movie "V" where all religion is forcibly removed and to be found in possession of religious books without proper licensing is to be sentenced to the gulag for an indeterminate period of reeducation.)
"This time the bullet cold rocked ya a yellow ribbon instead of a swastika?" -RATM
RE: God his own Enemy
Careful man, you might start another holy war.
Book burning is wrong, it doesn't matter what information the book holds.
Everyone is entitled to their own opinion and they have the right to believe what they believe.
If you start taking away information and peoples rights like that, where do you stop? Where do you draw the line?
Like in 'Cloud Atlas' you could end up with specially genomed clone slaves who are completely ignorant about the world around them because information has been kept from them.
'The more I learn about people the more I like my dog'- Mark Twain

'You can have all the faith you want in spirits, and the afterlife, and heaven and hell, but when it comes to this world, don't be an idiot. Cause you can tell me you put your faith in God to put you through the day, but when it comes time to cross the road, I know you look both ways.' - Dr House

“Young earth creationism is essentially the position that all of modern science, 90% of living scientists and 98% of living biologists, all major university biology departments, every major science journal, the American Academy of Sciences, and every major science organization in the world, are all wrong regarding the origins and development of life….but one particular tribe of uneducated, bronze aged, goat herders got it exactly right.” - Chuck Easttom

"If my good friend Doctor Gasparri speaks badly of my mother, he can expect to get punched.....You cannot provoke. You cannot insult the faith of others. You cannot make fun of the faith of others. There is a limit." - Pope Francis on freedom of speech
(July 9, 2013 at 4:47 pm)Rationalman Wrote: Careful man, you might start another holy war.
Book burning is wrong, it doesn't matter what information the book holds.
Everyone is entitled to their own opinion and they have the right to believe what they believe.
If you start taking away information and peoples rights like that, where do you stop? Where do you draw the line?
Like in 'Cloud Atlas' you could end up with specially genomed clone slaves who are completely ignorant about the world around them because information has been kept from them.

A Holy War may be just what the doctor ordered. Religion is nothing more than an ideological prison; a fact painfully obvious by merely speaking with Christians, Muslims, etc. about their normal day in and day out life.

One group avidly prays for the annihilation of billions so Jesus can come back? (pure mental illness). Is one man worth the lives of billions? Surely there must be a better way to control the sheepish mind which is to teach it to stand up on its own. God to these people is nothing more than a technological coping mechanism of superlative efficacy.

Another group is obsessed with forcing their religious view on everyone they can influence. Left to their eventualities we'd all be walking around with a prayer rug and our wives dressed in hefty bags.

I'm caricaturizing to be sure but my thoughts aren't to far from these. I am absolutely certain that if there were a God other than mankind it would not be pleased by - by this willy nilly religious one dimensionality. In their favor it probably wouldn't be surprised by it either.
"This time the bullet cold rocked ya a yellow ribbon instead of a swastika?" -RATM
(July 9, 2013 at 4:26 pm)Dionysius Wrote: In the book of Job we have the antagonist clearly identified - God himself. It is God who informs the devil, "hast thou considered my servant Job?" At which point the devil in all his glory pursues Job *smiting* relentlessly.

That's a good point. The writer of Job doesn't have the Devil broach the subject of Job, which would have made more sense. It is god who apparently can't wait to try and impress Satan with his ability to finally get one miserable human being to walk the straight and narrow. One can only imagine Satan rolling his eyes as he deliberately takes the bait, if only to keep the plot moving along.
"Well, evolution is a theory. It is also a fact. And facts and theories are different things, not rungs in a hierarchy of increasing certainty. Facts are the world's data. Theories are structures of ideas that explain and interpret facts. Facts don't go away when scientists debate rival theories to explain them. Einstein's theory of gravitation replaced Newton's in this century, but apples didn't suspend themselves in midair, pending the outcome. And humans evolved from ape- like ancestors whether they did so by Darwin's proposed mechanism or by some other yet to be discovered."

-Stephen Jay Gould
I'm against burning bibles.

Stupid people need something to read, too.
(July 9, 2013 at 4:26 pm)Dionysius Wrote: Is the bible truly nothing more than a chronicle of the effects of competing ego's; divine one-up-man-ship?
No.

As per the Book of Job, the temptations of Christ in Mt. and what has been foretold in the book of Revelation, The Devil is nothing more than a reluctant yet obedient servant of God.

Quote:In the good book It says that a devil deceives and it says that God deceives. It says that God destroys, it says that the devil destroys. The devil is a lion and so is God. The devil is a thief, God a better thief, as he comes in the night to avoid detection! God hates bankers (see condemnation of usury) yet in the New Testament he uses these very elements as leverage against the principle of our souls (see parable of the ten mina).
Smile
If you want i can nit-pick your arguement apart, but i think we can both agree that there is much douchery and streaching of the facts to give your arguement the semetry and 'ring' that you're trying to sell.

Quote:In the book of Job we have the antagonist clearly identified - God himself. It is God who informs the devil, "hast thou considered my servant Job?" At which point the devil in all his glory pursues Job *smiting* relentlessly.
Umm, no. The Devil has to ask permission to 'smite' Job, and each time he fails he must return to God to be granted permission to turn up the 'smite.'

Quote:The Christian is reminded
Actually the story was orginally meant for the Jews.

Quote:of Job's courage and due diligence that from his lips he never once cursed God - yet the remainder of his book is a clever catalog of the most irritating and at the same time, informative whining most have had the pleasure of seeing set in print. The most curious combination of woe-is-me's, poor me, what-did-I -do's, ever compiled for historic examination and not once did poor job ever call God a dick, prick of fucktard for his heinous and unscrupulous treatment.
Why? Because "The Lord Gives and the Lord Takes away Blessed be the name of the Lord." Only Someone who feels he is entitled to what he has been given would feel he is in a position to curse God for taking something that never belonged to him.

Quote:In the book of Revelation we have a dubious figure known as the Beast which in Christian speculation has often been equated with the Antichrist. It is said that this figure will make fire fall from the heavens and other miracles and has the power to deceive (persuade) based upon them. The Christians mindlessly chant, that this is the devil,
Not all Christians chant this. Most understand that the Anti Christ is a spokes person for Satan.

Quote: that old serpent which deceived Eve in the Garden yet when asked, what miracles has the devil ever been credited with? They have no answer.
None. A Mirical by defination is a work of God. As Satan is not God or even a god, he is not able to produce miricals.

Quote:When asked what fire has the devil ever caused to fall from the sky?
Most should point to Sodom and Gomorrah, as those cities were flying his flag. He was the cause, God simply rained down the effect.
Do you blame the cops when your caught stealing cars? The cops job is to hold you accountable to the Law of the Land. In this way God was holding those in S&G accountable to their actions.

Quote:1. Christians are inbred stupid.
Inbreeding is not a qualification of Christianity. Atheists and/or dualist can also enjoy keeping it in the family.Cool Shades

Quote: I don't say this to characterize their raw intellectual capacity - they are quite smart - but the foolhardiness of their inability to properly perceive that many of the biblical passages are straight forward bullocks has the effect of smashing them on the melon with a sledgehammer - dumb, dumber and dumbest.
That's kinda funny seeings how I just took your arguements down to their core values and showed you where you had to misrepersent scripture in order to prove your points.

Forgive me for saying, but what is dumber than the dumbest 'christian' is one who creates a strawman religion, calls it christianity, and then attacks that version of christianity so they can call someone else dumb. All the while not able to/or completely ignorant of Biblical Christianity.

Quote:2. Christians are unwittingly worshiping Satan. I say this because God is ten times worse (understatement) in destructive capacity than the wiles of the devil, therefore must be one - the ultimate devil. In the words of George Burns, "Oh God you Devil."
Based on what? your turn of phrase arguements?
"God says bankers are bad in the OT but uses Bankers in parables in the NT????"
Well, with logic and reason like that I guess you're right. We must be worshiping satan.

Quote:3. Christians are right and everyone else is wrong.
Clap

Quote: I say this with the most dire grimace - for the devil is alive in me if such a travesty were true - God kills his own son to save mankind form himself? (wtf) God would not have to kill his son any longer as I would gladly kill myself in order to not be a party to the sad an sadistic world that would result if Christianity were allowed to flourish!
This is what i mean by creating your own version of Christianity and attacking it, rather than biblical Christianity. For how much arguement can you give when confronted with the resurection of Christ and His ascension into glory? Most of you take just enough of the bible to construct your strawmen and leave the rest. You are turning out to be a tired cliche'.

Quote:The only course of action is to re-institute book burning. First on the list Bibles and Qurans the world over (I am reminded of the movie "V" where all religion is forcibly removed and to be found in possession of religious books without proper licensing is to be sentenced to the gulag for an indeterminate period of reeducation.)
You and "the germans are comming" could be great friends. It sounds like you two COULD have a lot in common.
(July 9, 2013 at 5:58 pm)Drich Wrote: This is what i mean by creating your own version of Christianity and attacking it, rather than biblical Christianity. For how much arguement can you give when confronted with the resurection of Christ and His ascension into glory? Most of you take just enough of the bible to construct your strawmen and leave the rest. You are turning out to be a tired cliche'.

I wouldn't call it a false or "my own" version at all. The facts speak for themselves. God is a tyrant which evil satan aspired to be like. For his trouble he was cast to Earth where he is given a kingdom where he can play God.

Job never once ascribed his troubles to a devil but to God only.
Quote: For how much arguement can you give when confronted with the resurection of Christ and His ascension into glory?

Seeing as how that is fucking bullshit too, its surprisingly easy.
(July 9, 2013 at 6:16 pm)Dionysius Wrote:
(July 9, 2013 at 5:58 pm)Drich Wrote: This is what i mean by creating your own version of Christianity and attacking it, rather than biblical Christianity. For how much arguement can you give when confronted with the resurection of Christ and His ascension into glory? Most of you take just enough of the bible to construct your strawmen and leave the rest. You are turning out to be a tired cliche'.

I wouldn't call it a false or "my own" version at all. The facts speak for themselves. God is a tyrant which evil satan aspired to be like. For his trouble he was cast to Earth where he is given a kingdom where he can play God.

Job never once ascribed his troubles to a devil but to God only.

Please use scripture to prove your statement, you have so far completely misrepresented scripture. I'm sure like everyone else you're going to give us excuses and if excuses are all you have then what's your point?

(July 9, 2013 at 5:41 pm)Tonus Wrote:
(July 9, 2013 at 4:26 pm)Dionysius Wrote: [hideIn the book of Job we have the antagonist clearly identified - God himself. It is God who informs the devil, "hast thou considered my servant Job?" At which point the devil in all his glory pursues Job *smiting* relentlessly.[/hide]

That's a good point. The writer of Job doesn't have the Devil broach the subject of Job, which would have made more sense. It is god who apparently can't wait to try and impress Satan with his ability to finally get one miserable human being to walk the straight and narrow. One can only imagine Satan rolling his eyes as he deliberately takes the bait, if only to keep the plot moving along.

Satan had been eyeing Job for a while, he admitted to it, If Satan was not impressed by God before He sinned, he was when God tossed his sorry butt out of Heaven and to the earth, if that was not enough for him I sur he started to sweat bullets when the fires of hell got roaring.
God loves those who believe and those who do not and the same goes for me, you have no choice in this matter. That puts the matter of total free will to rest.
Made up horseshit - what you insist on calling "scripture" is proof of nothing except your own amazing gullibility, G-C.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Cult leader encouraging his followers to starve to death. Rev. Rye 2 471 April 28, 2023 at 10:13 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  Why doesn't God love his enemies? Fake Messiah 16 1333 November 30, 2022 at 12:17 pm
Last Post: Fake Messiah
Rainbow (He/Him/His) No penis, identifies as a male Nihilist Virus 25 1979 April 17, 2021 at 10:37 am
Last Post: Gwaithmir
  Jesus’ Failed Prophecy About His Return DoubtingHerFaith 107 15234 January 15, 2019 at 4:29 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  7 Pious Xtian Shits Who Stepped On Their Own Dicks Minimalist 0 882 October 12, 2018 at 12:57 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Too Late Fucktards. You Own Him Now. Minimalist 10 1520 October 10, 2018 at 4:14 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  Pope Fuckface Is Either Losing His Mind Or Remembered How The Church Traditionally Minimalist 12 2157 October 10, 2018 at 2:20 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Can a Chrisitan lose his/her salvation? Jehanne 130 30940 July 26, 2017 at 10:25 am
Last Post: drfuzzy
  Could God's creation be like His omniscience? Whateverist 19 5987 May 18, 2017 at 2:45 pm
Last Post: Neo-Scholastic
  Ham Must Be Starting His Presidential Bid Minimalist 30 3696 March 4, 2017 at 3:44 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie