Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 5:52 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Marysville Pilchuck High School
Marysville Pilchuck High School
Is yet another sign that things are moving very fast and Satan is doubling his efforts to destroy this world. With the ISIL in Syria, Ebola in South Africa and war between Sweden and Russia about to begin, and now this, the signs are just too many to ignore. I think my Pastor was right when he said that the end is now very near.
RE: Marysville Pilchuck High School
It's a sign that there are too many shitheads walking around with guns. Far too many of them are jesus freaks.
You're right. The signs are too much to ignore. Because before ISIL and ebola there was 9/11. Before that there was genocide in Bosnia and Rwanda. Before that there was the Cold War, and before that there was World War II. Of course, before that was World War I and before that was Napoleion, the American Civil War and yadda yadda yadda...

What the signs are saying is that humanity has always been trying to destroy itself while some loony cries that this is just what the bible is talking about.

It's bad enough that the world is an arena of death and destruction. Why does Christinaiy have to act like the cheerleading squad on the sideline?
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
(October 25, 2014 at 3:43 am)Faith No More Wrote: It's bad enough that the world is an arena of death and destruction. Why does Christinaiy have to act like the cheerleading squad on the sideline?
Lack of historical awareness?
(October 25, 2014 at 12:25 am)Christian Wrote: I think my Pastor was right when he said that the end is now very near.

Did this increase his weekly collection takings though?

Ask him to sell all his possessions and give the proceeds to the poor if he's that confident.

(October 25, 2014 at 12:25 am)Christian Wrote: With the ISIL in Syria, Ebola in South Africa and war between Sweden and Russia about to begin, and now this, the signs are just too many to ignore.

It's lucky he wasn't alive during the first world war or the subsequent flu pandemic. 10+ million dead, and 75 million from the flu.
(October 25, 2014 at 12:25 am)Christian Wrote: Is yet another sign that things are moving very fast and Satan is doubling his efforts to destroy this world. With the ISIL in Syria, Ebola in South Africa and war between Sweden and Russia about to begin, and now this, the signs are just too many to ignore. I think my Pastor was right when he said that the end is now very near.

Yeah, a few points:

1. Things aren't moving any faster than they have been.

2. Biblically, Satan doesn't want to destroy the world. He wants to rule it.

3. The ebola outbreak is in west Africa, not South Africa.

4. Sweden poking round for a suspected Russian sub isn't going to start a war.

5. Your pastor is as woefully ignorant as you are. Maybe the two of you could take a long weekend and express your passion for each other.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
Idiot jesus freaks have been predicting the end of the world since 30 AD... if you believe those silly-assed gospels.

http://www.armageddononline.org/failed_armageddon.php

Quote:So, I thought it might be appropriate to list some of the many other times in history that religious fanatics of all kinds have decided the world was about to end, what they did about it, and what really happened to those who followed them when the world did not end as scheduled.

Yet, the world goes on... as it will now.
Another doomsday prophecy? C'mon professor, where are you? We need a date on this
Quote:To know yet to think that one does not know is best; Not to know yet to think that one knows will lead to difficulty.
- Lau Tzu

Join me on atheistforums Slack Cool Shades (pester tibs via pm if you need invite) Tongue

I love how this guy is dancing in the blood of the dead, salivating at the thought of the apocalypse.

That's one fucking degenerate death cult you've got there, Christian.
(October 25, 2014 at 6:49 am)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: Yeah, a few points:

1. Things aren't moving any faster than they have been.

2. Biblically, Satan doesn't want to destroy the world. He wants to rule it.

3. The ebola outbreak is in west Africa, not South Africa.

4. Sweden poking round for a suspected Russian sub isn't going to start a war.

5. Your pastor is as woefully ignorant as you are. Maybe the two of you could take a long weekend and express your passion for each other.

Boru

Just a few more:

1. Fall of Rome

2. Black Death

3. Year 1000

4. French Revolution

We can talk geological disasters too if you'd like OP. We can also talk of past strife in the Middle East.
If there is a god, I want to believe that there is a god.  If there is not a god, I want to believe that there is no god.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Mass shooting in the middle school Vladislav Ribnikar in Belgrade FlatAssembler 764 27008 July 18, 2023 at 10:47 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Oakland School Shooting onlinebiker 99 5839 December 7, 2021 at 8:21 am
Last Post: arewethereyet
  California High Capacity Magazine Ban Shot Down. onlinebiker 73 2424 August 25, 2020 at 1:37 am
Last Post: Peebothuhlu
  Denver Radio Host wishes for "Nice School Shooting" to interrupt Impeachment Divinity 17 1359 December 20, 2019 at 8:46 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  School of Hard Rock Hotel knocks. Brian37 5 651 October 15, 2019 at 5:44 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  California ban on high capacity magazines declared unconstitutional popeyespappy 178 10338 May 3, 2019 at 10:11 pm
Last Post: popeyespappy
  Middle School Hit List Foxaèr 24 2603 April 24, 2019 at 8:46 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Nuns steal ~$500k from school for Vegas trips - face no charges Fidel_Castronaut 15 1366 December 11, 2018 at 1:05 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Bring your Bible to school day, 10/4/18 vorlon13 11 1867 September 15, 2018 at 4:38 pm
Last Post: GUBU
  From the cake to the school Foxaèr 5 900 June 17, 2018 at 12:00 am
Last Post: Cecelia