Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 18, 2024, 11:14 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Women's Position In Religion
Women's Position In Religion
I thought it would be interesting to find out where our various religious members agree and disagree with one another. So, if you are religious, do you believe that women can be pastors/rabbis/imams/reverend/leaders of a religious organization? Can you use your holy book to justify your position?

Should women be submissive to their husbands? What about their fathers?

If you are religious, do you think that your religion treats both sexes equally?

What responsibility, if any, do you think that women owe men when it comes to sexual temptation? The only reason that I ask this is because some people do think that immodestly dressed women are offensive. I suppose this line of thinking is more Muslim then Christian so hopefully there is a Muslim lurker who can answer this question.

Are there any misconceptions about how your particular religious beliefs influence the treatment of women?

Hopefully, I will get a variety of opinions. I will ask more questions if these get a response.

My contacts are really bothering me so I apologize if I misspelled anything or my grammar is off today
RE: Women's Position In Religion
What amazes me is that often it is the women who have so bought into the oppression of the religion that they are sometimes the most vocal ones in the oppression.
Women eh.

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

I am staggered at why women want anything do with xianity/islam. But I guess like everyone else, they either don't read their book or just ignore the bits they don't like.

To me their religious stance seems to be stfu and make me a sandwich. I would want no part of worshipping a book that talks that kind of crap.
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
Are we talking a bottom/top question here...because we have a section positively devoted to this kind of question....Angel
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
Nope:

could you expand your topic a bit and make a distinction between menstruating and non-menstruating women ??
The religious opinion on women that got stuck on my mind was something like "There is no such thing a rape, forcing your wife to abide by conjugal duties is not abuse, it's natural law".
Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you

Quote:To me their religious stance seems to be stfu and make me a sandwich.

Chris Rock noted it most succinctly as "feed me, fuck me, shut the fuck up."

The angry desert god religions are all comfortable with that.
I asked my wife these questions and these are her answers:

(January 11, 2015 at 3:52 pm)Nope Wrote: I thought it would be interesting to find out where our various religious members agree and disagree with one another. So, if you are religious, do you believe that women can be pastors/rabbis/imams/reverend/leaders of a religious organization?
no

Quote:Can you use your holy book to justify your position?
yes

Quote:Should women be submissive to their husbands?
(sarcastically) yeees. (Then I said good get me something to drink)
Quote:What about their fathers?
every kid should obey their Father till they are married.

Quote:If you are religious, do you think that your religion treats both sexes equally?
there is nothing unfair here we have different roles. Is it unfair that women are the ones made to bare children? We just have different jobs.

Quote:What responsibility, if any, do you think that women owe men when it comes to sexual temptation? The only reason that I ask this is because some people do think that immodestly dressed women are offensive. I suppose this line of thinking is more Muslim then Christian so hopefully there is a Muslim lurker who can answer this question.
don't dress like a whore, but at the same time it's crazy to think the only way a woman can dress modestly she has to wear a head to toe bed sheet.

Quote:Are there any misconceptions about how your particular religious beliefs influence the treatment of women?
idk what others perceive.

I thought those answers were good.
1st Corinthians 14:34
Let your women keep silence in the churches: for it is not permitted unto them to speak; but they are commanded to be under obedience, as also saith the law.

Why any woman would want to follow the bible is beyond me.
I reject your reality and substitute my own!
(January 11, 2015 at 9:24 pm)Spooky Wrote: 1st Corinthians 14:34
Let your women keep silence in the churches: for it is not permitted unto them to speak; but they are commanded to be under obedience, as also saith the law.

Why any woman would want to follow the bible is beyond me.

Some...traditions never die.. also cherry picking working as intended.
Atheism is a non-prophet organization join today. 

Code:
<iframe width="100%" height="450" scrolling="no" frameborder="no" src="https://w.soundcloud.com/player/?url=https%3A//api.soundcloud.com/tracks/255506953&amp;auto_play=false&amp;hide_related=false&amp;show_comments=true&amp;show_user=true&amp;show_reposts=false&amp;visual=true"></iframe>

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Wink The Attraction System In MEN & WOMEN Proves God Exists!!! Edward John 69 13343 December 12, 2016 at 8:34 pm
Last Post: GUBU
  Feminism: why am I supposed to worship women's feet again? WinterHold 168 26229 April 12, 2016 at 5:03 am
Last Post: ErGingerbreadMandude
  Religion hurts homosexuality but homosexuality kills religion? RozKek 43 10699 March 30, 2016 at 2:46 am
Last Post: robvalue
  Terrorism has no religion but religion brings terrorism. Islam is NOT peaceful. bussta33 13 4893 January 16, 2016 at 8:25 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Religion's affect outside of religion Heat 67 19757 September 28, 2015 at 9:45 pm
Last Post: TheRocketSurgeon
  Why would women want to join a Religion? Spooky 65 12385 March 5, 2015 at 6:55 pm
Last Post: Spooky
Rainbow Gay rights within the template of religion proves flaws in "religion" CristW 288 49198 November 21, 2014 at 4:09 pm
Last Post: DramaQueen
  How to reconcile a theist's position? lwlodarczyk 7 1753 July 31, 2014 at 2:19 pm
Last Post: RobbyPants
  Abortion and Women's Rights Tea Earl Grey Hot 248 57249 June 10, 2014 at 2:57 pm
Last Post: John V
  Women's Rights and Religion Bipolar Bob 50 11139 November 27, 2013 at 9:13 am
Last Post: Brian37