Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 24, 2024, 4:32 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pope opens mouth again!
Pope opens mouth again!
http://www.catholicnewsagency.com/news/f...ome-84716/

Quote:[...]This doesn't mean that the Christian must make children "in series."
I met a woman some months ago in a parish who was pregnant with her eighth child, who had had seven C-sections. But does she want to leave the seven as orphans? This is to tempt God. I speak of responsible paternity. This is the way, a responsible paternity.
[...]
I think the number of three children per family that you mentioned – it makes me suffer- I think it is the number experts say is important to keep the population going. Three per couple. When this decreases, the other extreme happens, like what is happening in Italy. I have heard, I do not know if it is true, that in 2024 there will be no money to pay pensioners because of the fall in population. Therefore, the key word, to give you an answer, and the one the Church uses all the time, and I do too, is responsible parenthood. How do we do this? With dialogue. Each person with his pastor seeks how to do carry out a responsible parenthood.
That example I mentioned shortly before about that woman who was expecting her eighth child and already had seven who were born with caesareans. That is a an irresponsibility That woman might say 'no, I trust in God.’ But, look, God gives you means to be responsible. Some think that -- excuse the language -- that in order to be good Catholics, we have to be like rabbits. No. Responsible parenthood. This is clear and that is why in the Church there are marriage groups, there are experts in this matter, there are pastors, one can search; and I know so many ways that are licit and that have helped this.

Don't breed like rabbits, dammit!
RE: Pope opens mouth again!
Such a sourpuss

[Image: csm_Seite-1-von-21525_Postkarten_neu_9dd22451fb.jpg]
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

So the message is "Don't trust in God, he ain't doing shit".

I think his mouth needs filling up with concrete and sealing off permanently.
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
If the woman died, why would those children be "orphans"? Does the father not count?
I reject your reality and substitute my own!
What does he know about parenthood?

Is there something we don't know?
Damn, EVERY child she had, she had to have a C-Section?

If she was rational she'd probably take that as a sign that it might be a good idea to, yknow, stop. Or at least find a surrogate.

And I believe in this age of severe overpopulation we should be encoraging young couples to have less children, not more. It's not a matter of space, we have space for maybe hundreds of billions, it's resources.
"Adulthood is like looking both ways before you cross the road, and then getting hit by an airplane"  - sarcasm_only

"Ironically like the nativist far-Right, which despises multiculturalism, but benefits from its ideas of difference to scapegoat the other and to promote its own white identity politics; these postmodernists, leftists, feminists and liberals also use multiculturalism, to side with the oppressor, by demanding respect and tolerance for oppression characterised as 'difference', no matter how intolerable."
- Maryam Namazie

You know.... new pope is going to piss off the wrong people one of these days.
Atheism is a non-prophet organization join today. 

Code:
<iframe width="100%" height="450" scrolling="no" frameborder="no" src="https://w.soundcloud.com/player/?url=https%3A//api.soundcloud.com/tracks/255506953&amp;auto_play=false&amp;hide_related=false&amp;show_comments=true&amp;show_user=true&amp;show_reposts=false&amp;visual=true"></iframe>

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Pope Francis apologises for Canada residential school harms zebo-the-fat 10 1299 April 5, 2022 at 6:57 pm
Last Post: Ferrocyanide
  Ex-Pope Benedict XVI blames 1960s revolution for sex abuse zebo-the-fat 27 3408 April 17, 2019 at 10:55 am
Last Post: brewer
  Why do cardinals get to elect the Pope? Fake Messiah 26 1347 March 13, 2019 at 11:17 pm
Last Post: chimp3
  Pope Fuckface Is Either Losing His Mind Or Remembered How The Church Traditionally Minimalist 12 2141 October 10, 2018 at 2:20 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Pope's visit to Ireland turning into a fiasco? Fake Messiah 11 2266 August 27, 2018 at 12:48 pm
Last Post: Jehanne
  Pope Francis condemns child sex abuse and Church cover-ups zebo-the-fat 23 3605 August 20, 2018 at 5:33 pm
Last Post: GUBU
  Pope says in interview that there is no hell. downbeatplumb 56 9793 April 16, 2018 at 8:53 pm
  Priest publicly wishes for Pope's quick death... c172 18 4824 March 22, 2018 at 1:10 am
Last Post: c172
  Catholics warring against the Pope? Fake Messiah 29 7522 November 27, 2017 at 6:52 am
  Pope Francis -- dogs go to Heaven! Jehanne 34 5518 October 19, 2017 at 3:46 am
Last Post: ignoramus