Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 11:48 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Does God follow his WORD? Or is it --- do as I say and not as I do?

Romans 12:21 Be not overcome of evil, but overcome evil with good.

Job 2;3 And the LORD said unto Satan: 'Hast thou considered my servant Job, that there is none like him in the earth, a whole-hearted and an upright man, one that feareth God, and shunneth evil? and he still holdeth fast his integrity, although thou didst move Me against him, to destroy him without cause.'

From what I have read in scriptures, God does not follow the advice that he gives in his WORD. The above shows him overcome by evil and replying with evil.

Matthew 5:48 Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect.

If we are to emulate God as scriptures say we should, should we too ignore his WORD the way he does?

At the end of days and in many biblical stories of the past, God is overcome by evil and responds with evil while telling us we should respond with good.

Which example should we follow; what God says or what God does?

I think that if God is saying, --- do as I say and not as I do, ---- that that is an immoral example that only a satanic demiurge would say. Yet it appears that that is what God is saying.

Should we follow God, --- or his advice and WORD?

They are not the same. One is good the other evil.

Regards
DL
RE: Does God follow his WORD? Or is it --- do as I say and not as I do?
(March 3, 2015 at 10:31 am)Greatest I am Wrote: Does God follow his WORD? Or is it --- do as I say and not as I do?

No. Yes.

God would be the worst parent ever. If he were real he would've had his kids taken away long ago.
(March 3, 2015 at 10:33 am)Norman Humann Wrote:
(March 3, 2015 at 10:31 am)Greatest I am Wrote: Does God follow his WORD? Or is it --- do as I say and not as I do?

No. Yes.

What did I win?

A cookie

[Image: Cookie.png]
Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you

It's very "Do as I say, not as I do". Check out the definition of love that the bible gives. You relly think Yahweh matches that description?

1 Corinthians 13:4-7New International Version (NIV)

4 Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 5 It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. 6 Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. 7 It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

He is a jealous god, and loves to remind people I am the Lord thy God. He is definitely self seeking, easily angered, and keeps a record of wrongs. Apparently he doesn't always protect, and as soon as you die he will cast you away for eternity.
Poe's Law: "Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of Fundamentalism that SOMEONE won't mistake for the real thing."

10 Christ-like figures that predate Jesus. Link shortened to Chris ate Jesus for some reason...
http://listverse.com/2009/04/13/10-chris...ate-jesus/

Good video to watch, if you want to know how common the Jesus story really is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88GTUXvp-50

A list of biblical contradictions from the infallible word of Yahweh.
http://infidels.org/library/modern/jim_m...tions.html

He doesn't follow His word. It's just laws for us puny humans, not for Gods.
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

Thanks for all the humor this morning.
Really, this thread was quite funny.
The only funny thing I see here is your sense of humour Tongue
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

(March 3, 2015 at 11:01 am)professor Wrote: Thanks for all the humor this morning.
Really, this thread was quite funny.

Feel free to...humor us by making a rebuttal.
Poe's Law: "Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of Fundamentalism that SOMEONE won't mistake for the real thing."

10 Christ-like figures that predate Jesus. Link shortened to Chris ate Jesus for some reason...
http://listverse.com/2009/04/13/10-chris...ate-jesus/

Good video to watch, if you want to know how common the Jesus story really is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88GTUXvp-50

A list of biblical contradictions from the infallible word of Yahweh.
http://infidels.org/library/modern/jim_m...tions.html

"Should we follow God, --- or his advice and WORD?

They are not the same. One is good the other evil."

Clearly we should follow neither. God gives shit advice.

More like one is evil and the other is worse.
(August 21, 2017 at 11:31 pm)KevinM1 Wrote: "I'm not a troll"
Religious Views: He gay

0/10

Hammy Wrote:and we also have a sheep on our bed underneath as well
(March 3, 2015 at 11:06 am)Losty Wrote: Clearly we should follow neither. God gives shit advice.

"Your gf cheated on you? Stone her to death!!!1!1"

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Stupid things religious people say Foxaèr 1088 75842 5 hours ago
Last Post: no one
  Why does science always upstage God? ignoramus 940 124491 October 26, 2022 at 10:15 pm
Last Post: LinuxGal
  Does Ezekiel 23:20 prove that God is an Incel Woah0 26 2720 September 17, 2022 at 5:12 pm
Last Post: Woah0
  Why does God care about S E X? zwanzig 83 5051 November 15, 2021 at 10:57 pm
Last Post: LadyForCamus
  Why did God allow his words to be changed? Fake Messiah 53 4088 October 23, 2021 at 11:55 am
Last Post: Jehanne
  If god can't lie, does that mean he can't do everything? Foxaèr 184 11165 September 10, 2021 at 4:20 pm
Last Post: Dundee
  Theists: What do you mean when you say that God is 'perfect'? Angrboda 103 17039 March 5, 2021 at 6:35 am
Last Post: arewethereyet
  What will you say to God when you stand before him? The Valkyrie 78 8881 March 5, 2021 at 12:57 am
Last Post: Lightbearer
  Does afterlife need God? Fake Messiah 7 1379 February 4, 2020 at 5:02 pm
Last Post: onlinebiker
  Why does God get the credit? Cod 91 7346 July 29, 2019 at 6:14 am
Last Post: comet