Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 24, 2024, 12:28 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tell me...
Tell me...
...Why Christians aren't quieter?

Yes Yes, I know the bible contradicts itself and basically states you should do the opposite of this also.  But why not choose the quieter option?  Huh
I reject your reality and substitute my own!
RE: Tell me...
Many of them do... even most of them, I would say. But we have an "observer bias" because we are forced to deal with the loud ones, who disparage us and try to press their theocratic agenda into our lives.
A Christian told me: if you were saved you cant lose your salvation. you're sealed with the Holy Ghost

I replied: Can I refuse? Because I find the entire concept of vicarious blood sacrifice atonement to be morally abhorrent, the concept of holding flawed creatures permanently accountable for social misbehaviors and thought crimes to be morally abhorrent, and the concept of calling something "free" when it comes with the strings of subjugation and obedience perhaps the most morally abhorrent of all... and that's without even going into the history of justifying genocide, slavery, rape, misogyny, religious intolerance, and suppression of free speech which has been attributed by your own scriptures to your deity. I want a refund. I would burn happily rather than serve the monster you profess to love.

make a joyful NOISE unto the Lord
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

You have conflicting ideas of trying to save people from hell, but also Jesus saying don't be a hypocrite and keep your beliefs private. Though Jesus wasn't the one who started christianity anyway. Paul did.
Poe's Law: "Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of Fundamentalism that SOMEONE won't mistake for the real thing."

10 Christ-like figures that predate Jesus. Link shortened to Chris ate Jesus for some reason...
http://listverse.com/2009/04/13/10-chris...ate-jesus/

Good video to watch, if you want to know how common the Jesus story really is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88GTUXvp-50

A list of biblical contradictions from the infallible word of Yahweh.
http://infidels.org/library/modern/jim_m...tions.html

The silence would be deafening?

Vorlon: What's the noise of projectile vomiting?
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
Funny how no theists have anything to say...
I reject your reality and substitute my own!
Yeah, sadly the loud ones get the attention and give the rest a bad name.
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
(September 20, 2015 at 5:20 pm)Spooky Wrote: ...Why Christians aren't quieter?

Yes Yes, I know the bible contradicts itself and basically states you should do the opposite of this also.  But why not choose the quieter option?  Huh

Precisely why my favorite quote is: "Preach the gospel at all times and when necessary use words."
We are not made happy by what we acquire but by what we appreciate.
(September 20, 2015 at 9:00 pm)mh.brewer Wrote: The silence would be deafening?

Vorlon: What's the noise of projectile vomiting?

*runs for cover before vorlon can answer that question*
"... did you sail across the sun, did you make it to the milky way..."

is now stuck in my head for all eternity, by the way, thanks to the title of this thread.
How will we know, when the morning comes, we are still human? - 2D

Don't worry, my friend.  If this be the end, then so shall it be.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What do invented saints tell us about Christianity? Fake Messiah 132 11769 November 22, 2019 at 9:19 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  How much of my personal experience should I tell the world? Der/die AtheistIn 10 1409 January 18, 2019 at 8:08 am
Last Post: Der/die AtheistIn
  Tell Me Again How Your Bullshit Is Spreading in Africa, Xtians! Minimalist 9 1368 July 21, 2018 at 8:42 pm
Last Post: Joods
  Should I tell my parents I faked being christian? Der/die AtheistIn 26 5682 January 15, 2018 at 12:38 am
Last Post: Godscreated
  Tell All Book Says Pat Robertson Full of Shit Minimalist 12 3541 September 29, 2017 at 3:51 pm
Last Post: Atheist73
  Tell Me Again How Great Fucking Xtians Are Minimalist 44 13355 June 26, 2017 at 6:05 pm
Last Post: Astonished
  Hi, I would like to tell you about Jesus Christ, the only way to God JacquelineDeane55 78 20929 June 10, 2017 at 9:46 am
Last Post: Fireball
  Did Jesus Christ ever tell a joke ? The Wise Joker 12 2698 January 31, 2017 at 11:37 am
Last Post: Crossless2.0
  I normally tell Jehovah's Witnesses KUSA 31 9652 March 5, 2015 at 5:29 pm
Last Post: Norman Humann
  Did jeebus tell the bible belt to come up with giving daughters balls?? Brakeman 23 6743 March 24, 2014 at 12:57 pm
Last Post: Tonus