Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 23, 2024, 1:55 pm

Poll: Do you believe in Marriage?
This poll is closed.
Yes, i do.
78.57%
11 78.57%
No, i don't.
21.43%
3 21.43%
Total 14 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Do you believe in Marriage?
Do you believe in Marriage?
Do you believe in Marriage? and marriage vows?
Are there advantages or disadvantages to getting married?
What improvement of my life would I experience if I get married?
Does Marriage has a higher purpose than being with a single person for the rest of one's life?

I've also posted a poll for you guys to vote your opinion on marriage Smile
Don't forget to give the reason for why you selected to vote for a particular option too!
RE: Do you believe in Marriage?
I have seen sufficient empirical evidence to be quite certain that marriage exists, yes.
Marriage is committing yourself to that person in the ultimate romantic gesture.
Without marriage it's as if you have your bags packed ready to leave at a moments notice and the phrase "Long term girl friend" just does not have the same ring to it as "wife".

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

My wife tells me that my status of belief regarding marriage is irrelevant. She makes a compelling case. I'm attached to me penis, have been my whole life...I'd hate to see that relationship change.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(October 31, 2015 at 11:26 am)Rhythm Wrote: My wife tells me that my status of belief regarding marriage is irrelevant.

That's true. How we feel is irrelevant.

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

(October 31, 2015 at 11:22 am)downbeatplumb Wrote: Marriage is committing yourself to that person in the ultimate romantic gesture.
Without marriage it's as if you have your bags packed ready to leave at a moments notice and the phrase "Long term girl friend" just does not have the same ring to it  as "wife".

You can always divorce a wife ;>
Sure. Legal marriage is a social construct, but for me, marriage was the natural thing to do. I didn't care if we had a wedding, but it was important to him so we did. But as far as I was concerned, we were married when we decided to stay together forever.

It's nice that we get a tax break, but the piece of paper isn't important at all to me.
If The Flintstones have taught us anything, it's that pelicans can be used to mix cement.

-Homer Simpson
Yes. I don't think it's for everyone, at one point I didn't think it was for me.

I think it's mainly a gesture of devotion, but I also actually want to be legally connected to my wife so that she can make decisions on my behalf should that ever be needed.

I don't think there should be financial advantages to being married.
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
(October 31, 2015 at 11:32 am)pool Wrote: You can always divorce a wife ;>

Something tells me you've never been divorced, lol.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(October 31, 2015 at 11:37 am)Rhythm Wrote:
(October 31, 2015 at 11:32 am)pool Wrote: You can always divorce a wife ;>

Something tells me you've never been divorced, lol.

I'm only 19.  ^_^

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  OK, C/L, You're Not Going To Believe This Minimalist 9 1158 September 8, 2017 at 12:37 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  Great marriage advice. Jehanne 52 12813 April 22, 2017 at 1:28 pm
Last Post: Crunchy
  Even if you choose not to believe in Spiderman, you’re actually believing in him. AkiraTheViking 23 2875 May 31, 2016 at 4:49 pm
Last Post: AkiraTheViking
  Do You Believe in Being Blessed? Rhondazvous 16 1694 March 3, 2016 at 9:36 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Marriage Surnames Tiberius 84 8547 December 4, 2015 at 7:19 pm
Last Post: Mermaid
  Marriage is a man and a woman living together rado84 46 7819 July 18, 2015 at 7:48 am
Last Post: abaris
  marriage Phatt Matt s 64 7934 April 12, 2014 at 12:51 am
Last Post: *Deidre*
  Gay marriage passes in England and Wales! Big Blue Sky 32 10713 June 4, 2013 at 2:17 pm
Last Post: Doubting Thomas
  Right-wing writer kills himself after marriage equality passes Big Blue Sky 11 2916 May 28, 2013 at 10:12 pm
Last Post: dazzn
  Marriage outdated? Tea Earl Grey Hot 25 7006 May 19, 2013 at 3:13 pm
Last Post: Snaghobaa