Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 6:46 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2 more additional hot car deaths
2 more additional hot car deaths
That brings the total to 26 for 2016. As a father, I don't understand this at all.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/fathe...r-41137469

http://noheatstroke.org/
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
RE: 2 more additional hot car deaths
Fucking awful parents.
I'm not the kind to say lynch the parents. I understand how a good parent can be off routine and a sleeping child can be forgotten... that being said how do you forget TWO kids? That takes more effort to get -into- the car.
“What screws us up the most in life is the picture in our head of what it's supposed to be.”

Also if your signature makes my scrolling mess up "you're tacky and I hate you."
Chances are, if you're on the phone or otherwise distracted when the kids are put in the car - that can spell disaster. Especially if the kids are old enough to buckle themselves in. Personally, I wouldn't allow my own kids to buckle themselves in, even if they could do it. I needed to check the straps every single time and make sure the buckles actually "clicked" in place.

People need to make it a habit of looking in the back seat of their vehicle, EVERY TIME - whether they have the kids with them or not. It's a good practice to get into. Not to mention cars have always come equipped with a rear view mirror. How do you drive and never look into that? Obviously, if you're looking into it, you can clearly see into the back seat so you'd KNOW the kids are there.

Shit... are people just not paying attention anymore to their surroundings? Is hurrying up and getting to one's destination so important that they can't be bothered to look behind them once in a while?
Disclaimer: I am only responsible for what I say, not what you choose to understand. 
(November 14, 2018 at 8:57 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: Have a good day at work.  If we ever meet in a professional setting, let me answer your question now.  Yes, I DO want fries with that.
(August 5, 2016 at 1:17 pm)mh.brewer Wrote: That brings the total to 26 for 2016. As a father, I don't understand this at all.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/fathe...r-41137469

http://noheatstroke.org/

Awful.
Just my suspicious nature, but I tend to wonder on these if it's a way for one spouse to get back at another, or deflect from another issue or a desire to put things back the way they were before the kid(s) showed up . . .
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

(August 5, 2016 at 3:02 pm)vorlon13 Wrote: Just my suspicious nature, but I tend to wonder on these if it's a way for one spouse to get back at another, or deflect from another issue or a desire to put things back the way they were before the kid(s) showed up . . .

Perhaps, perhaps.

Or they're just shitty parents.
This is so tragic it just breaks my heart.
It appears he got drunk and fell asLeeper and forgot his kids in the car. It makes me very upset to really even think about it.
“Eternity is a terrible thought. I mean, where's it going to end?” 
― Tom StoppardRosencrantz and Guildenstern Are Dead
(August 5, 2016 at 3:02 pm)vorlon13 Wrote: Just my suspicious nature, but I tend to wonder on these if it's a way for one spouse to get back at another, or deflect from another issue or a desire to put things back the way they were before the kid(s) showed up . . .

I highly doubt that. Maybe one or two in all of them. Most are literally just accidents and the parents are completely destroyed.
“What screws us up the most in life is the picture in our head of what it's supposed to be.”

Also if your signature makes my scrolling mess up "you're tacky and I hate you."
(August 5, 2016 at 2:26 pm)Nymphadora Wrote: Chances are, if you're on the phone or otherwise distracted when the kids are put in the car - that can spell disaster. Especially if the kids are old enough to buckle themselves in. Personally, I wouldn't allow my own kids to buckle themselves in, even if they could do it. I needed to check the straps every single time and make sure the buckles actually "clicked" in place.

People need to make it a habit of looking in the back seat of their vehicle, EVERY TIME - whether they have the kids with them or not. It's a good practice to get into. Not to mention cars have always come equipped with a rear view mirror. How do you drive and never look into that? Obviously, if you're looking into it, you can clearly see into the back seat so you'd KNOW the kids are there.

Shit... are people just not paying attention anymore to their surroundings? Is hurrying up and getting to one's destination so important that they can't be bothered to look behind them once in a while?

I dunno about y'alls vehicles but when I drive my truck and I have my rear view mirror adjusted as it should be so that I can drive I can't see what is sitting on my back seat. In order to see my dog when he is back there I have to move the mirror. I do get the whole distracted while getting them into the seats though.

I do know that working at a daycare we all had to take the driving class regardless of if we drove or was on the bus at all. We had to have two people check the bus every time it went out due to how many kids had been left on buses in Texas alone. In this class you had to watch videos of parents crying while they told their story of how they forgot their kid in the car. Most were off routine; the kid's daycare/school wasn't being held so when the parent dropped off the other parent they were on auto pilot. A Dad did that and left his kid in the car for two hours before it dawned on him. It was too late by then and I have never seen a man in so much pain when he told that story.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Earthquakes in Croatia - deaths caused by unregulated buildings? FlatAssembler 6 541 January 17, 2021 at 4:57 pm
Last Post: onlinebiker
  BREAKING: Trump suggests US over-reporting COVID deaths WinterHold 23 2015 November 2, 2020 at 12:27 am
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  Rut Ro Raggy, Bibi in hot water...... Brian37 1 632 September 8, 2019 at 11:17 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  More gun deaths zebo-the-fat 42 3689 September 6, 2019 at 10:20 am
Last Post: Vince
  Mother crashes car to prove god is real. brewer 20 1904 March 25, 2018 at 3:52 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Driver hits people in Manhattan; multiple deaths Foxaèr 129 10797 November 6, 2017 at 2:42 pm
Last Post: Court Jester
  Car hits several people in London, person detained c172 4 1014 October 8, 2017 at 2:18 pm
Last Post: Amarok
  Opiate deaths vorlon13 21 3044 August 14, 2017 at 2:52 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  11 year old boy develops device that could prevent hot car deaths Cecelia 6 1818 July 19, 2017 at 9:25 pm
Last Post: Seraphina
  Nobody likes their car stolen, but NO JUST NO.. Brian37 40 9569 May 26, 2017 at 8:51 pm
Last Post: Brian37