Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 11:18 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Talk me out of buying this
Talk me out of buying this
There's been a few threads recently where someone asks people to try and talk them out of buying something so I thought I'd join in since something very expensive has caught my eye which I don't essentially need.

http://www.dawsons.co.uk/gibson-2016-les...uitar-juju

me G[Image: 18jy8o.jpg]enerator

Anyone want to try and talk me out of buying this motherfucking bad boy?

Reasons for buying it are I've always wanted a gibson, it's voodoo and juju themed, looks all blood red.  I promise to never buy another guitar again if I buy this one and I won't get those tattoos I wanted.  I could die next year having never owned this guitar.

Reasons for not buying it are it's £1099, that could buy a lot of....anything.

Are you ready for the fire? We are firemen. WE ARE FIREMEN! The heat doesn’t bother us. We live in the heat. We train in the heat. It tells us that we’re ready, we’re at home, we’re where we’re supposed to be. Flames don’t intimidate us. What do we do? We control the flame. We control them. We move the flames where we want to. And then we extinguish them.

Impersonation is treason.

RE: Talk me out of buying this
Quote:Reasons for not buying it are it's £1099, that could buy a lot of....anything.

Shouldn't this be enough?
Not even gonna try. To cool.

And when you buy it you're gonna need those tat's to go along with the style. As for other git's, you'll get them. Just settle for a rockin mandolin. Or shred a ukulele!
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
But seriously, you should probably buy it. You're obviously interested in guitars and would get a lot of use out of it. So why the fuck not?

Treat yourself.
My recent toy purchase was well worth it.

I'm afraid I will be terrible at this... Big Grin
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
(August 6, 2016 at 9:59 pm)SteelCurtain Wrote: My recent toy purchase was well worth it.

What was it?

Are you ready for the fire? We are firemen. WE ARE FIREMEN! The heat doesn’t bother us. We live in the heat. We train in the heat. It tells us that we’re ready, we’re at home, we’re where we’re supposed to be. Flames don’t intimidate us. What do we do? We control the flame. We control them. We move the flames where we want to. And then we extinguish them.

You can't afford it.
(August 6, 2016 at 10:00 pm)paulpablo Wrote:
(August 6, 2016 at 9:59 pm)SteelCurtain Wrote: My recent toy purchase was well worth it.

What was it?

https://store.google.com/product/pixel_c
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
(August 6, 2016 at 9:52 pm)paulpablo Wrote: There's been a few threads recently where someone asks people to try and talk them out of buying something so I thought I'd join in since something very expensive has caught my eye which I don't essentially need.

http://www.dawsons.co.uk/gibson-2016-les...uitar-juju

me G[Image: 18jy8o.jpg]enerator

Anyone want to try and talk me out of buying this motherfucking bad boy?

Reasons for buying it are I've always wanted a gibson, it's voodoo and juju themed, looks all blood red.  I promise to never buy another guitar again if I buy this one and I won't get those tattoos I wanted.  I could die next year having never owned this guitar.

Reasons for not buying it are it's £1099, that could buy a lot of....anything.

I'm a man with 73 snare drums.

BUY IT!  Wink
This recent escapee from TTA forums is on heavy drugs costing $25.000.00 per week. They affect my mind at times. Excuse me if I react out of the norm.
Banjo.
(August 6, 2016 at 10:01 pm)SteelCurtain Wrote:
(August 6, 2016 at 10:00 pm)paulpablo Wrote: What was it?

https://store.google.com/product/pixel_c

Something to play the podcasts on and seems fairly useful.  It's £399 which isn't too cheap.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  This panic buying is frustrating GrandizerII 15 736 March 23, 2020 at 11:18 am
Last Post: Fireball
  The queen doesn't half talk some shit Cod 11 2065 December 26, 2018 at 9:28 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  somebody, Please Talk Sense into My Stupid Head. I Think I'm Getting Ready to Fuck Up Rhondazvous 30 2255 September 13, 2018 at 5:41 pm
Last Post: Rhondazvous
  Making small talk more interesting Bahana 33 2879 April 9, 2018 at 1:16 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  Not knowing what to talk about Der/die AtheistIn 25 2112 February 26, 2018 at 8:20 pm
Last Post: c172
  Let's talk about life. Edwardo Piet 51 3963 November 17, 2017 at 4:38 am
Last Post: Martian Mermaid
  Lets talk about your pants brewer 65 6473 November 3, 2017 at 7:06 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  International Talk Like a Pirate Day Jehanne 14 1757 October 10, 2017 at 8:50 am
Last Post: Jehanne
  Hey. Anybody wants to Skype and talk mindlessly about something? ErGingerbreadMandude 69 11918 February 24, 2017 at 9:49 am
Last Post: Joods
  Let's talk about the 'tyranny of happiness' Longhorn 28 3232 January 30, 2017 at 9:23 pm
Last Post: johan