Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 9:42 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Feelings aside, what would be the difference?
In 4 years from now, what would be the difference between a Trump America or a Hillary America?

I don't care to hear how much you hate him or her as that has been discussed to death. What would be real tangible differences in everything around you?
RE: Feelings aside, what would be the difference?
With Pence involved, LGBT rights will be the tangible difference that impact me most personally.
(December 3, 2016 at 1:54 pm)Jesster Wrote: With Pence involved, LGBT rights will be the tangible difference that impact me most personally.

That's a valid concern. Do you think Trump will go for it? He has said many times that he doesn't support discrimination against the LGBT community.
(December 3, 2016 at 1:56 pm)KUSA Wrote:
(December 3, 2016 at 1:54 pm)Jesster Wrote: With Pence involved, LGBT rights will be the tangible difference that impact me most personally.

That's a valid concern. Do you think Trump will go for it? He has said many times that he doesn't support discrimination against the LGBT community.

Trump has said a lot of things that he's backed away from when it comes to actual execution. I don't trust him to do anything one way or another. I do trust Pence to continue his long line of asshattery, though.
I think that we would have made more moves toward single payer healthcare if Hillary won. Now we'll be making steps in the opposite direction
[Image: nL4L1haz_Qo04rZMFtdpyd1OZgZf9NSnR9-7hAWT...dc2a24480e]
(December 3, 2016 at 1:52 pm)KUSA Wrote: In 4 years from now, what would be the difference between a Trump America or a Hillary America?

I don't care to hear how much you hate him or her as that has been discussed to death. What would be real tangible differences in everything around you?

Trump is already causing ructions with China so I think its the difference between a smoking wasteland with people struggling for the last resources or the same as under Obama. Trump is already showing that he is not suitable for what is a difficult job. Bush jr wasn't suited either but he knew it, trump thinks he can just wing it, he's wrong.

Even if he doesn't reduce the world to rubble the people he have chosen will swing your country to the right and you are already in a right wing country. So I would expect to see civil rights roled back, government schemes to help the less fortunate reduced, the riches tax burdon reduced and transferred to poorer people, increases in global meddling and if his actions so far continue he will fuck up quite a lot of the world.
So in four years I expect the world to be more dangerous, less balanced and with a much increased chance of global depression than under Hilary.
Basically any moron who voted Trump who wasn't a multi millionaire with their own private island and air raid shelter voted to fuck themselves hard.

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

A worst case scenario for Trump would be more jobs, low inflation, accidentally appointing another Souter to the SCOTUS, people going off welfare and back to work, Obama's high lead content water approving EPA getting nuked, peace in the middle east, Taiwan recognition being used as a bargaining chip to get China to pull the plug on little Kim's nuke program, Mexicans going back to Mexico with their better job skills learned in the US and improving the Mexican economy, Canada building a wall to keep Alex Baldwin and the rest from fleeing north, getting health insurance premium increase rate down from 10X rate of inflation, Hillary taking a Trump pardon in lieu of going to Gitmo, Nancy Pelosi deciding to come out openly as a Republican since she is doing such good work for their side in cleaning the Democrats out of Congress faster than the republicans could ever dream of doing it on their own, standing back and letting Elon Musk colonize Mars (Trump Tower, Chryse Planitia anyone?), tricking Putin into contracting an STD with some diseased super model Trump slips him during their summit, Palestinians accept a soon to be totally depopulated Syria as their homeland, congress finally acts on Zika, Trump embraces Simpson/Bowles and saves $1,000,000,000,000 in 5 years with absolutely no down side at all, the US continues with renewable energy programs and tells the fucking Saudis to go fuck themselves using their now worthless crude oil as lube, (vorlon gets to watch that, oiled up hairy guys being a personal favorite), Saturday Night Live is finally forced to be FUNNY, simplifying the tax code, bringing back $1,000,000,000,000 in overseas investment money overnight, and putting the phone company back the way it was in 1983.
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

Well, he's already managed to destabilize foreign relations, so that might or might not become a huge deal.
With Hillary, likely most of our foreign ties would have plugged along the same as it has been. Now, we might have allies abandon us as leadership shows it's instability, and enemies take advantage of such. At worst, it could cause war, but who can say this early if that will happen or not.
Internally, crony capitalism looks to become the norm, while we lose our healthcare and civil rights do heir best to go back to the 60's. I don't think it will get back that far, but the fight will suck up money and energy that should be spend advancing things, instead of fighting not to regress.

In any case, we are well and truly fucked.
“Eternity is a terrible thought. I mean, where's it going to end?” 
― Tom StoppardRosencrantz and Guildenstern Are Dead
Shouldn't this be in a trolling forum?
(December 3, 2016 at 1:52 pm)KUSA Wrote: In 4 years from now, what would be the difference between a Trump America or a Hillary America?

The most tangible difference might be economic, but I don't know how hard Trump is going to push to keep jobs in the USA and what mechanisms he will use. Federal subsidies could boost the economy during his term(s) versus a likely recession/correction under Hillary.

Diplomatic relations will likely be different and I suspect overall for the worse. Action on issues like climate change and gay rights will be different, though I suspect the former will get more attention than the latter. Obamacare could be on the road to becoming useless or being overturned under GOP rule, whereas I assume Hillary would have fought to keep it and perhaps grow it. And of course, the Supreme Court will potentially look very different after 4/8 years of Trump than it would have under Clinton.
"Well, evolution is a theory. It is also a fact. And facts and theories are different things, not rungs in a hierarchy of increasing certainty. Facts are the world's data. Theories are structures of ideas that explain and interpret facts. Facts don't go away when scientists debate rival theories to explain them. Einstein's theory of gravitation replaced Newton's in this century, but apples didn't suspend themselves in midair, pending the outcome. And humans evolved from ape- like ancestors whether they did so by Darwin's proposed mechanism or by some other yet to be discovered."

-Stephen Jay Gould

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Difference between Pompeo and 45.... Brian37 3 611 July 23, 2018 at 2:05 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Can someone please explain the difference? Losty 12 1219 June 26, 2018 at 12:51 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  Yes, Progressives. No Difference At All Between Hillary and the WLB Minimalist 12 1414 August 2, 2017 at 3:24 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  If there would be a depression, what would Trump say if he ran for reelection? Jehanne 26 3161 February 27, 2017 at 8:11 pm
Last Post: scoobysnack
  Yeah - No Difference At All Between Hillary and the WLB Minimalist 10 1683 January 25, 2017 at 2:45 pm
  Dems vs Repubs = no difference? Which party is more wed to power than to any issue? Whateverist 39 3815 October 25, 2016 at 1:50 pm
  Yeah - There's No Difference Between Hillary and the Drumpfuck. Minimalist 40 4382 July 22, 2016 at 3:57 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  All kidding aside (right), who shot JFK? Whateverist 20 3801 November 26, 2013 at 4:50 am
Last Post: kılıç_mehmet
  The difference between knives and guns TaraJo 12 7021 April 11, 2013 at 12:57 am
Last Post: TaraJo