Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 12:03 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Alex Jones admits he's only joking & should not be taken seriously
Alex Jones admits he's only joking & should not be taken seriously
Alex Jones is in the middle of a divorce and therefore custody battle for the kids. His wife, Kelly Jones, says the Alex Jones is "not a stable person" but Jones' lawyers will spend the next two weeks trying to convince a jury that his radio show is a particularly realistic public performance in front of reporters in an Austin courtroom.

Already in Jones' pretrial hearing, his lawyer argued that judging Jones based on his InfoWars persona "would be like judging Jack Nicholson in a custody dispute based on his performance as the Joker in 'Batman.'"

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/20...-down.html
teachings of the Bible are so muddled and self-contradictory that it was possible for Christians to happily burn heretics alive for five long centuries. It was even possible for the most venerated patriarchs of the Church, like St. Augustine and St. Thomas Aquinas, to conclude that heretics should be tortured (Augustine) or killed outright (Aquinas). Martin Luther and John Calvin advocated the wholesale murder of heretics, apostates, Jews, and witches. - Sam Harris, "Letter To A Christian Nation"
RE: Alex Jones admits he's only joking & should not be taken seriously
It wouldn't surprise me, the way he acts is legitimately scary to watch for me. But it doesn't matter either way. If it's not an act, he's batshit crazy. If it is, he's a sleazy asshole.
(April 18, 2017 at 4:09 am)Longhorn Wrote: It wouldn't surprise me, the way he acts is legitimately scary to watch for me. But it doesn't matter either way. If it's not an act, he's batshit crazy. If it is, he's a sleazy asshole.

Lose or lose.

He can't win.
"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself — and you are the easiest person to fool." - Richard P. Feynman
The problem is that he is hawking all kinds of conspiracy merchandise for profit. Hard to wiggle yourself out of that one...
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

Or it could just be that he's the second coming of Andy Kaufman.
Comparing the Universal Oneness of All Life to Yo Mama since 2010.

[Image: harmlesskitchen.png]

I was born with the gift of laughter and a sense the world is mad.
National divorce reform should be on the country's radar.

Granted, I'm a 'outside observer' to American heterosexuality's dirty underbelly, but it's abundantly clear the current system is fucked, and not in a good way.
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

Honestly, it's surprising that it doesn't seem other people haven't grasped the full implications of his claim that all the shit he's been doing for the past nigh on a quarter of a century or so was just part of some character.

Sure, there's a distinct possibility that it's just a last-ditch effort to convince the judge to grant custody of his kids to someone who's unhinged enough to think that the President of the United States can control the motherfucking weather and the world is controlled by people who think they're talking to Clockwork Elves who want to give them eternal life once they kill everyone else.

But if he's telling the truth, then we have a man who has spent decades talking shit about the government, spouting off the craziest shit he can over Austin's airwaves. And why? Because there are people who actually believe him. It's reached the point where he's gone from just some guy driving around Austin bitching about the political systems to becoming one of today's most popular political pundits. And he does this because he knows there are people who seriously think FEMA is going to take over America any day now (it's so imminent it's been predicted since before I was born). And since he's so over-the-top, he apparently sees the radio Alex as a fictional character, AND he's disappeared so heavily into this role that nobody following him suspected a thing, it's safe to say he's the comedic genius of our time.

Seriously, someone get the Andy Kaufman awards on the line.

Was he lying then or is he lying now?  As with the WLB, does it matter?
He'll survive this with ease. The same way Jon Stewart always said "I'm just a comedy show!" It's not like that kept anyone from treating him just like real news.
(April 18, 2017 at 11:31 am)Minimalist Wrote: Was he lying then or is he lying now?  As with the WLB, does it matter?

To be fair, at this point, as I mentioned, either is a distinct possibility. I'm just saying, if he was lying then, well, we haven't had a comedic genius like this since Sacha Baron-Cohen stopped doing his three big characters.

Personally, I'm filing this under "important, if true" for now.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Kanye West on Alex Jones paulpablo 391 22438 December 31, 2022 at 9:05 pm
Last Post: LinuxGal
  Performers Should Speak Up or Not Attend Saudi Music Festival WinterHold 9 582 December 15, 2021 at 5:31 pm
Last Post: Ranjr
  Consistency Is Not a Virtue If Your Only Consistently Evil The Architect Of Fate 3 232 September 2, 2020 at 4:58 pm
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  Alex Jones and Infowars gets 'disappeared' - are we headed in the right direction? Angrboda 203 24537 December 28, 2018 at 2:36 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  "A good guy with a gun" saves the day, only to be shot dead himself Aegon 30 3121 November 14, 2018 at 11:23 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  Should Puerto Rico be made a state? Why or why not? Angrboda 36 2833 September 24, 2018 at 5:34 pm
Last Post: GUBU
  The Orange Fucktard Isn't The Only One Minimalist 0 215 August 30, 2018 at 1:37 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Mom who killed her two year old only gets 40 years Sterben 15 2049 July 21, 2018 at 9:43 am
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  Amusing...If Only So Typical Minimalist 1 372 July 19, 2018 at 2:09 pm
Last Post: warmdecember
  Melania visits kids taken from their parents? Brian37 36 4585 June 22, 2018 at 11:12 am
Last Post: Brian37