Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 1:21 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Your oldest memory
Your oldest memory
If I think back on all my memories, the oldest was when I was about three and sitting in a closet playing with clothing hangers. My dad found me, picked me up and said in a happy and loving way, "Aqui está la niña!" Which means, "Here she is!" Or... "Here's the girl!" I don't think I have memories before that.

How'bout you?
"Hipster is what happens when young hot people do what old ladies do." -Exian
RE: Your oldest memory
I was about 5.  My brother took me to Ebbets Field.  I was very surprised that there was no play-by-play announcer.
In my cot playing with my dick.

Some habits are hard to break Big Grin
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
My 3. birthday. I remember the arrangement of tables in our garden behind the house, and an exchange with my dad about how I wanted him to take off my pants (to play in the toddler pool), but he said no because he didn't understand why I wanted to take them of. I told my parents and they were pretty sure they never told me that episode, but the detail were correct, so I'm reasonably sure it's not a false memory.
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

2 1/2 - I know the age to a pretty accurate degree because it's me eating chocolates off the christmas tree at the flat I spent my early childhood in. We moved out in mid-1997, so it would have been close to Christmas 1996. It's hazy, but I seem to recalll I was acting on instinct, being more a spectator to my actions than an instigator. Quite interesting how the mind of a toddler works really.
[Image: rySLj1k.png]

If you have any serious concerns, are being harassed, or just need someone to talk to, feel free to contact me via PM
My grandmother (on my mothers side) walking with me in a back pack on a bright snowy day while she hummed . And the sun was setting over a lake and the aurora effect was starting . That my most vivid old memory . The other is of the face of the America military medic that oversaw my birth.
Seek strength, not to be greater than my brother, but to fight my greatest enemy -- myself.

Inuit Proverb

Without being clever or sarcastic:

I don't quite remember.
"If we go down, we go down together!"
- Your mum, last night, suggesting 69.
[Image: 41bebac06973488da2b0740b6ac37538.jpg]-
I was under three years old and my mom was very pregnant with my little brother. I remember feeling him kick when I held my hand over her belly. My second oldest memory was sitting in the hospital waiting room with my grandmother while my brother was being born. There's many reasons why I am so close with my brother, and this is one of the bigger ones.

My third oldest memory was watching my mom leave the house in her 80's style jazzercise outfit... The horror!
I don't believe you. Get over it.
Hmmm.  Three years seems to be pretty common for the oldest memory.  Mine, too - I got a puppy I immediately called 'Peanut' for my third birthday.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
Being chased by a crazy horse and my dad having to jump over the fence with me so I didn't get trampled to death... when I was about 3-4. No wonder I have a fear of horses.

Or maybe it was me in a buggy when I was like 1-2... although my guess is that is most likely a fake memory I produced a couple of years later or got a dream confused with reality.

Or maybe it was when I was about 3-4 and I rattled the metal childproof gate to my room because I thought I could hear and see a ghost when it was just the wind whistling + curtains.

I must have been pretty damn young to have a gate to stop me escaping from my own room, lol. But I totally remember that memory.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Remember when... (AF memory lane) J a c k 0 420 November 11, 2019 at 11:36 pm
Last Post: J a c k
  A Moment in Memory of My Father Rhondazvous 8 1146 February 16, 2017 at 3:38 pm
Last Post: Rhondazvous
  What's the oldest tech device in your possession? brewer 78 5800 March 7, 2016 at 4:09 pm
Last Post: pocaracas
  A memory... I think. Reforged 2 1121 September 22, 2012 at 3:59 pm
Last Post: Faith No More