Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 24, 2024, 10:22 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I'm Sure He Had A Good Reason.
I'm Sure He Had A Good Reason.
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-41872524

Quote:US senator Rand Paul assaulted at home in Kentucky

Quote:US Senator Rand Paul has been assaulted at his home in Bowling Green, Kentucky, police and his office say.
The Republican "was blindsided and the victim of an assault" on Friday, a spokeswoman for him was quoted by US media as saying.
The alleged assailant was arrested and "Senator Paul is fine", Kelsey Cooper said, according to The Hill news website.
RE: I'm Sure He Had A Good Reason.
Here's a nice picture of the suspect = http://heavy.com/news/2017/11/rene-bouch...l-assault/
5 broken ribs?

Jesus Fucking Christ that would hurt. I've got 4 puncture wounds healing right now and they aren't a tremendous amount of fun, but at least I'm not wincing in pain with every breath.

Sheesh . . .
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

Hmm. Cops dealing with violent spats between neighbours is kind of de riguer. It appears so far that this bloke blindsided Paul as he was mowing his lawn. OK, I have no love for Paul, but that is not on, if true.

However, ask this. Were the very same thing to happen between two nobodies who happened to be neighbours in dispute, would a thread be created about it? Why? Or why not?
Well, for one thing Paul voted to kick millions of Americans off of affordable health insurance, and I'm pretty sure he is making good use of the first class health insurance he enjoys, funded by taxpayers. For another he has been pretty quiet when it comes to his party's dog whistle calls for violence against minorities and "liberals". Now that he as been on the receiving end of an ass-kicking, is he still so ambivalent? I don't know anything about this "neighbor" but I suspect one could call this "white on white" violence. Any bets those words will pass Mr. Paul's lips?

Paul loves living in the spotlight, this kind of thing comes with the territory.
The title of this thread is sick. Min you should be ashamed.
But I'm not.  And fuck the whole Paul family.
You know you're part of the problem with politics in this country right? You'll complain ever so loudly when the right don't condemn white supremacist violence, but then you're perfectly happy to turn around when a member of the right gets attacked in his own home and say words to the effect of "well he had it coming".

You can't have it both ways Min. Either political / race based violence is wrong or it's not. Just because you don't like a politician doesn't mean it's fine for them to get beaten up.
WTF is Rand Paul doing mowing his own lawn BTW ??
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

I heard about the attack but haven't read anything about the motivations of the guy who did it. Was it something politically motivated?
In every country and every age, the priest had been hostile to Liberty.
- Thomas Jefferson

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  You think people who hate Queen Elizabeth 2 is same reason MAGA people hated Obama Woah0 13 1305 December 20, 2022 at 3:55 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Donald Trump is the best American president that USA has ever had Edge92 21 1708 June 4, 2021 at 6:57 pm
Last Post: Nay_Sayer
  Biden had to walk back a tax increase jasonelijah 6 850 March 31, 2021 at 5:45 pm
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  Was it a modern day lynching? Not sure it fits the category jasonelijah 29 1248 March 30, 2021 at 7:23 pm
Last Post: Sal
  Are you sure you want to do that? onlinebiker 40 2097 January 12, 2021 at 12:07 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  Why is it so hard to reason with pro-lifers? Dingo 32 2212 October 12, 2020 at 3:44 pm
Last Post: Dingo
  Trump's Wall (A momentary lapse of reason) sammiedee 23 1658 June 26, 2019 at 6:27 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  War is nonsense and manipulation and there is no reason to fight? Interaktive 47 3300 March 31, 2019 at 9:41 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Saudi Arabia had been sold :) WinterHold 4 1224 January 25, 2019 at 10:19 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Stop trying to reason with Trump supporters GODZILLA 21 2481 January 20, 2019 at 7:21 pm
Last Post: GUBU