Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 2:40 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Deermageddon part II
Deermageddon part II
Just finished hanging a nice fat doe. I had to get help to lift her in the trailer - that big...

Year total - 2 does ( one small) 1 button buck, 1 seven point and 1 ten point buck - all from the same blind - and all with the same single shot CVA Hunter in .450 Bushmaster. This new cartridge is spectacular in it' s accuracy and ft/lbs of energy. The two that ran, got less than 100 yards. 3, dropped in their tracks.

Pretty good - for hunting in a wide open field with no cover.

The one I got tonight was crossing with three others - and after I whacked her - the other three ran about 50 yards, and then just stood there - for over 10 minutes.

Too bad I was out of tags.

Not too bright... " Gee - our buddy just got whacked - let's stand next to this building and see what happens next".

Oh well. Dumb ones taste the same as the smart ones.

Smile
RE: Deermageddon part II
Good work for using a paper punch.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(December 19, 2018 at 9:35 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: Good work for using a paper punch.

Boru

I did punch a whole bunch of paper with it.

You have to - to get it tuned well enough to perform efficiently.
(December 19, 2018 at 8:55 pm)onlinebiker Wrote: Year total -................

Got me beat, I'm 0-0 this year...but I bet I fucked my neighbors all to shit popping off my cannons at all hours. In my defense, on years when i want to kill the scrub rats..I just poison them. I went in 6 hundo for elk tags but didn't get any. Maybe next year.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
I WISH we had elk in these parts. Haven't had a good elk stake since I left Alaska...

Michigan's State seal has two elk - and a guy with a gun --- but ya can't eat a picture.......

One or two would fill the freezer nicely.

Great
We've got around 11k here, largest herd of elk east of the big river..nothing else even comes close.  It's a testament to successful game management.  Out of staters have a hard time with the lottery, though.  Get this, a few years back...somebody shot the first wolf seen in the state for 150 years.  

I'd love to see them added back, help us keep the herd stronk.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(December 20, 2018 at 11:51 am)Gae Bolga Wrote: We've got around 11k here, largest herd of elk east of the big river..nothing else even comes close.  It's a testament to successful game management.  Out of staters have a hard time with the lottery, though.  Get this, a few years back...somebody shot the first  wolf seen in the state for 150 years.  

I'd love to see them added back, help us keep the herd stronk.

What's your 20?
KY.   Legit hillbilly, lol. I've got a nice little hollar where three creeks meet. The elk are a little further south of me, round here it's foxes and deer.
(and rabbits..so many fucking rabbits)
(December 20, 2018 at 12:01 pm)Gae Bolga Wrote: KY.   Legit hillbilly, lol.  I've got a nice little hollar where three creeks meet.  The elk are a little further south of me, round here it's foxes and deer.

We have lots of turkey here too. Plus the usual fox, squirrel, rabbits and coyote. Plus the occasional muskrat, mink and bobcats...
(December 20, 2018 at 12:01 pm)Gae Bolga Wrote: KY.   Legit hillbilly, lol.  I've got a nice little hollar where three creeks meet.  The elk are a little further south of me, round here it's foxes and deer.

Use to visit Bowling Green regularly. A friend in California had a sister there and we'd all get together and get stupid. Hehe

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  8 days to Deermageddon onlinebiker 44 2607 December 12, 2021 at 10:41 pm
Last Post: Fireball
  When your relatives worry you, part Xth. Gawdzilla Sama 8 894 February 21, 2020 at 10:36 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  30 Days to Deermageddon onlinebiker 61 4025 December 31, 2019 at 9:00 pm
Last Post: onlinebiker
  13 days to Deermageddon onlinebiker 195 14218 November 29, 2018 at 1:16 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Anyone thinking of taking part in Movember? Cod 29 2336 October 29, 2018 at 9:57 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Any of you guys experience this? (Part 2) Foxaèr 6 1697 June 18, 2018 at 2:26 pm
Last Post: Foxaèr
  AF Christmas Part II Shell B 20 2039 October 31, 2016 at 8:51 pm
Last Post: Whateverist
  Part on Feminisim. ScienceAf 284 14483 September 29, 2016 at 8:42 am
Last Post: mcolafson
  This Month I Became part-qualified Fidel_Castronaut 5 952 May 2, 2016 at 11:40 am
Last Post: Jackalope
  Will You Tale Part in the Holiday Spirit or Will You be the Grinch Who Stole Xmas? Rhondazvous 12 2181 December 4, 2015 at 3:01 pm
Last Post: Divinity