Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 1:49 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The chat room didn't burst into flame.
The chat room didn't burst into flame.

I saw the chat room actually had people in it this afternoon, so I went in. (Unfortunately I couldn't stay, as my dog escaped the yard.)

There were three of us there. After a bit of chatting, one of the others noted that there were an atheist, a monotheist, and a polytheist in the chat room, yet it didn't burst into flame.

Could this be from either a: the monotheist's deity ensuring civility, b: a ritual (spell) worked by the polytheist (me), or c: the atheist's science-derived Internet flame retardant?

James

"Be ye not lost amongst Precept of Order." - Book of Uterus, 1:5, "Principia Discordia, or How I Found Goddess and What I Did to Her When I Found Her."
RE: The chat room didn't burst into flame.
Maybe it is because cyberspace doesn't burn.
Or maybe hell froze over.
"What do you burn aside from witches?"

"MORE WITCHES!!!!"
LOL, yeah it was nice seeing you in chat, and thank you for not placing a hex on me, especially after my comment.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(July 5, 2011 at 6:43 pm)Anymouse Wrote:
I saw the chat room actually had people in it this afternoon, so I went in. (Unfortunately I couldn't stay, as my dog escaped the yard.)

There were three of us there. After a bit of chatting, one of the others noted that there were an atheist, a monotheist, and a polytheist in the chat room, yet it didn't burst into flame.

Could this be from either a: the monotheist's deity ensuring civility, b: a ritual (spell) worked by the polytheist (me), or c: the atheist's science-derived Internet flame retardant?

James

It does help that as far as I know it, that the chatroom has not had people baptized with the holy spirit and fire.
undefined
Nor has it been anointed with blood.
Trying to update my sig ...
(July 6, 2011 at 10:14 pm)Epimethean Wrote: Nor has it been anointed with blood.

Though I'm considering that option.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
No surprise. All in the GMOs, right?
Trying to update my sig ...

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Can walk on water but turns it into wine instead. DOOH! ignoramus 8 448 January 30, 2021 at 7:14 am
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  The Official "Why you didn't get another date" Brian37 5 576 April 24, 2018 at 12:05 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  Jeremy Kyle goes into Room 101 Edwardo Piet 10 1215 April 8, 2018 at 7:21 pm
Last Post: Succubus
  Will Trumps turn this Xmas into a nightmare? Fake Messiah 13 1559 December 1, 2017 at 3:40 pm
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Not into golf but might watch if...... Brian37 14 1752 August 17, 2016 at 10:32 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  Putting shit into perspective Napoléon 21 4646 February 6, 2015 at 6:34 pm
Last Post: Alex K
  Chat Roulette Call Me Maybe Tiberius 11 3727 August 11, 2012 at 2:35 pm
Last Post: Reforged
  Don't say I didn't warn you KichigaiNeko 13 2425 April 28, 2011 at 10:04 am
Last Post: tackattack
  100 Greatest Quotes from Fundamentalist Christian Chat Rooms thesummerqueen 31 17233 January 2, 2011 at 11:00 am
Last Post: downbeatplumb