Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 12:38 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Republican idiocies
Republican idiocies
Post here any republican fuckups/stupidity from Palin to Perry to Paul.
RE: Republican idiocies
[Image: jaws_swims_behind_chief_brody.jpg]

"You're gonna need a bigger thread"
The 8 Year Trainwreck that was the Bush Administration.

During this time, conservatives, social and economic, got everything their hearts desired, served on a silver platter with a side order of Democrat rollovers.

Deregulation? You got it.
Tax cuts for the wealthy? Here ya go.
Abstinence only sex education? Sure thing.
War in Iraq? Unquestioningly approved.
Deficits don't matter? If you say so.
Torture? *looks the other way*

The results:
The economic collapse, the most anemic job growth since Herbert Hoover, increased teen pregnancy, and Al Qaida was able to recover and reconstitute. Disparity between the top 1% and the rest of society not seen since the Gilded Age. The debt was doubled with not much to show for it (to any except the pockets that got lined during his reign). Our reputation and credibility were greatly damaged.

We gave conservatism a good run and empirical evidence indicates it doesn't work.

Tax cuts don't create jobs.
Deregulation doesn't create a stronger economy.
Torture doesn't work.
The war in Iraq was a godsend to Al Qaida.
Abstinence education is a waste of tax dollars.

Any conservatives who call for any of the above need to be reminded that we've been there, done that and it didn't work.
Atheist Forums Hall of Shame:
"The trinity can be equated to having your cake and eating it too."
...      -Lucent, trying to defend the Trinity concept
"(Yahweh's) actions are good because (Yahweh) is the ultimate standard of goodness. That’s not begging the question"
...       -Statler Waldorf, Christian apologist
The "invisible hand of the market" picks the pockets of the poor.
The "invisible hand of the market" is just like a god, not real! These people are insane. It doesn't even make any sense.

Ok how about " The earth won't flood, god already did that once and said he wouldnt do it again"

"When you look at what we saw in the president's (bill) yesterday, we see permanent tax increases put into effect in order to pay for temporary spending. I just don't think that's really going to help our economy the way it could," House Speaker John Boehner said Tuesday

Tax increases increase revenue and increase jobs. Are these people that stupid? It fucking hurts. If a company makes 10 tv's and sells 10 tv's and can keep up with demand why hire more people? If they get a tax cut they won't hire any more people because the supply is meeting the demand, adding extra workers makes no sense.

Making corporations people. Giving corporations free speech. Which in turn actually means NO liability for what they say, and it doesn't have to be based in reality at all.

Increasing the DOD budget massively. Killing public health care. Bringing god into politics.

MORE SCIENTISTS NEED TO RUN FOR OFFICE! Get minds in the political discourse.

"...the illegality of cannabis is outrageous, an impediment to full utilization of a drug which helps produce the serenity and insight, sensitivity and fellowship so desperately needed in this increasingly mad and dangerous world."

- Carl Sagan
If you get DP going in this thread on this topic, we might not need some of the others to boost post count. Wink
[Image: Untitled2_zpswaosccbr.png]
This one... *wipes tears* .. it gives me hope for Uhmerica.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Gser_9Uogk

Everyone knows god hates Philistines.

She's going to give Dumb Cunts a bad name.
No one's posted this one yet? I was foaming at the mouth when Spall passed a portion of it on to me. Had to walk away before I gave myself an aneurysm.

http://scienceblogs.com/insolence/2011/0...tement.php

Quote:I will tell you that I had a mother last night come up to me here in Tampa, Fla., after the debate. She told me that her little daughter took that vaccine, that injection, and she suffered from mental retardation thereafter," Bachmann said.

She continued: "The mother was crying what she came up to me last night. I didn't know who she was before the debate. This is the very real concern and people have to draw their own conclusions."

[Image: Untitled2_zpswaosccbr.png]
(September 14, 2011 at 9:16 am)thesummerqueen Wrote: No one's posted this one yet? I was foaming at the mouth when Spall passed a portion of it on to me. Had to walk away before I gave myself an aneurysm.

http://scienceblogs.com/insolence/2011/0...tement.php

Quote:I will tell you that I had a mother last night come up to me here in Tampa, Fla., after the debate. She told me that her little daughter took that vaccine, that injection, and she suffered from mental retardation thereafter," Bachmann said.

She continued: "The mother was crying what she came up to me last night. I didn't know who she was before the debate. This is the very real concern and people have to draw their own conclusions."

She wants a debate about scientific facts!
Well thats how science progesses (sarcasm) the loudest voice has the best facts.

Idiots.

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Who will be next Republican presidential candidate? Fake Messiah 28 1564 June 13, 2022 at 2:49 am
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  Republican Party Purge Foxaèr 11 752 April 15, 2021 at 11:27 am
Last Post: onlinebiker
  Republican Representative compares his party's fight to Imperial Japanese Soldiers Rev. Rye 2 283 November 24, 2020 at 10:12 pm
Last Post: brewer
  The Republican America Foxaèr 19 1153 November 23, 2020 at 3:56 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  If your senator is Republican... Gawdzilla Sama 5 591 October 5, 2020 at 12:15 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  trump the republican asks communist china to investigate his potential election rival Anomalocaris 10 1073 October 4, 2019 at 10:18 am
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  Former Republican Rick Wilson Nails It Minimalist 4 627 August 26, 2018 at 2:42 am
Last Post: Amarok
  The Iowa Republican Party platform. Jehanne 14 1444 August 20, 2018 at 9:18 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Republican advisor made a woman a sex slave Rev. Rye 67 8043 April 12, 2018 at 10:40 am
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  My Republican Senator is NOT coming to town! Instead, she is sending her aides. Jehanne 11 1829 March 5, 2017 at 8:00 am
Last Post: downbeatplumb