Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 4:55 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ReB's Philosophy and Morals
ReB's Philosophy and Morals
As an Athiest I think it is ones job to make their own morals. I understand some people just need a book or a god to tell them what their morals have to be. I don't. I think that, if your not hurting yourself, or others, you can do what you want. Laws are irrelevant to me, but most laws follow my morals, such as don't steal, murder, rape, stuff like that. I cant think of the rest off hand, but if theres any questions, I'll be happy to answer them for you.
"Truth can never be reached by just listening to the voice of an authority." -- Francis Bacon

RE: ReB's Philosophy and Morals
no argument from me on any of that.
[Image: Evolution.png]

Me either.
^^^
What they said... Ditto
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5
Quote:I understand some people just need a book or a god to tell them what their morals have to be

Yeah - and the resident sky-daddy in that book always tells them that they are forgiven when they fuck up anyway. It's sort of a permanent get out of jail free card.
Books like the bible are terrible references for morals anyway. Sounds like you're on a great path.

You guys are a bunch of heathens. We all know that if it wasn't for the morality handed down by the bible, the world would be in chaos.

And if those words ever actually came out of my mouth, and I meant it, then this would be my next action...

[Image: suicide.gif]

Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
Hedonism FTW!
I'm pretty sure the Chinese and Ancient Greeks had morals far in advance of 10 commandments, several thousand years before they came about.

Yes Statler, that means the world is older than 4000 years. And yes the Chinese had a written language 11000 years ago.
(September 22, 2011 at 4:41 am)5thHorseman Wrote: I'm pretty sure the Chinese and Ancient Greeks had morals far in advance of 10 commandments, several thousand years before they came about.

Yes Statler, that means the world is older than 4000 years. And yes the Chinese had a written language 11000 years ago.

Ohh, but the bible says.......

ROFLOL

Sorry, brainfart there.

P.s Hi from Western Oz.
[Image: mybannerglitter06eee094.gif]
If you're not supposed to ride faster than your guardian angel can fly then mine had better get a bloody SR-71.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How worthless is Philosophy? vulcanlogician 125 5104 February 27, 2024 at 7:57 pm
Last Post: Belacqua
  Philosophy Recommendations Harry Haller 21 1348 January 5, 2024 at 10:58 am
Last Post: HappySkeptic
  The Philosophy Of Stupidity. disobey 51 3415 July 27, 2023 at 3:02 am
Last Post: Carl Hickey
  Hippie philosophy Fake Messiah 19 1542 January 21, 2023 at 1:56 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  [Serious] Generally speaking, is philosophy a worthwhile subject of study? Disagreeable 238 12355 May 21, 2022 at 10:38 am
Last Post: highdimensionman
  My philosophy about Religion SuicideCommando01 18 2559 April 5, 2020 at 9:52 pm
Last Post: SuicideCommando01
  High level philosophy robvalue 46 4880 November 1, 2018 at 10:44 pm
Last Post: DLJ
  Why I'm here: a Muslim. My Philosophy in life. What is yours;Muslim? WinterHold 43 8188 May 27, 2018 at 12:20 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  The Philosophy of Mind: Zombies, "radical emergence" and evidence of non-experiential Edwardo Piet 82 11648 April 29, 2018 at 1:57 am
Last Post: bennyboy
  Revolution in Philosophy? Jehanne 11 2259 April 4, 2018 at 9:01 am
Last Post: Jehanne