Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 4:47 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A really hard question on Satan and deception.

You all know that I always have answers for everything but these ones have me stumped. That or Satan is deceiving me. How could I know?

If angels have free will, why has one never shown themselves?

There are apparently good angels and evil angels that have been renamed as demons.

If either of these showed itself, we could not distinguish it from God himself. No one has ever seen God.

Would we accept it as God and be deceived?

After all, it is said by God that Satan has the power to deceive the whole world.
Knowing this, and knowing that most of the world belongs to one religion or another. It follows that most people in these religions have been deceived.

How then can believers be so sure that they follow the right God?
As scripture indicates that most if not all will be following the wrong God thanks to deception.

Are you somehow immune to Satan, who can deceive the whole world?
If atheists are deceived, then there really is a God.
If believers are deceived, then there really is no God.

If a believer, how do you get around this catch 22.

Are morals the only good way around it?

If so, then if you are a believer that believes that Sodom or the genocide of Noah’s day is good justice, does that mean that you have been deceived?

Because on the face of it, since non believers are a minority and think it evil, then you, as part of the majority and think it good, must be wrong.

Is genocide then a good thing or an evil thing?
Careful, you have definitely been deceived if God was right. Satan has deceived you.

Regards
DL
RE: A really hard question on Satan and deception.
Aren't you a little old to believe in "angels?"
(October 19, 2011 at 2:08 pm)Minimalist Wrote: Aren't you a little old to believe in "angels?"

I do not.
I just wondered how theists got out of the catch 22.

Did you see it?

Regards
DL
They don't.
They cannot tell the difference. Satan has never lied or deceived in the babble-book. All he did was to piss off god. He freed Adam and Eve from their enslavement. So, the xtians are already deceived by their god and worshiping the wrong one.
You make people miserable and there's nothing they can do about it, just like god.
-- Homer Simpson

God has no place within these walls, just as facts have no place within organized religion.
-- Superintendent Chalmers

Science is like a blabbermouth who ruins a movie by telling you how it ends. There are some things we don't want to know. Important things.
-- Ned Flanders

Once something's been approved by the government, it's no longer immoral.
-- The Rev Lovejoy
Quote:I just wondered how theists got out of the catch 22.

The same way they try to get out of every problem....they deny it exists.
Quote:Did you ever notice how in the bible, whenever god needed to punish someone ... or make an example, or whenever god needed a killing, he sent an angel?

Did you ever wonder what a creature like that must be like?

A whole existence spent praising your god, but always with one wing dipped in blood.

Would you ever really want to see an angel?

From the movie "Prophecy"
You make people miserable and there's nothing they can do about it, just like god.
-- Homer Simpson

God has no place within these walls, just as facts have no place within organized religion.
-- Superintendent Chalmers

Science is like a blabbermouth who ruins a movie by telling you how it ends. There are some things we don't want to know. Important things.
-- Ned Flanders

Once something's been approved by the government, it's no longer immoral.
-- The Rev Lovejoy
(October 19, 2011 at 2:07 pm)Greatest I am Wrote: A really hard question on Satan and deception.

GIa Wrote:You all know that I always have answers for everything but these ones have me stumped. That or Satan is deceiving me. How could I know?

If you have never sought out God then Satan doesn't have a need to deceive you. He will let you believe your own ideas, this way he doesn't have to waste time on you.

GIa Wrote:If angels have free will, why has one never shown themselves?

They have read scriptures and you will discover when and where. they appear as men so as to not reveal who they truly are except to those they have been sent to. When they came to people in private they may have appeared as angels. You never know when you might have meet an angel.

GIa Wrote:There are apparently good angels and evil angels that have been renamed as demons.

If either of these showed itself, we could not distinguish it from God himself. No one has ever seen God.

God is Spirit, HE has no physical form,read the scriptures please. The angels have a physical body and you can bet when you come in the presents of God you will surely know.

GIa Wrote:Would we accept it as God and be deceived?

Come to think of it you probably would just as other non believers would, if you have no personal relationship with Christ how could you know.

GIa Wrote:After all, it is said by God that Satan has the power to deceive the whole world.
Knowing this, and knowing that most of the world belongs to one religion or another. It follows that most people in these religions have been deceived.

You are correct about the power of satan, read Mk. 13:22 and you will see that the elect (the followers of Christ) will not be deceived, why, because we have a relationship with the true God and know Him, satan does not have the power to reveal himself as the true God.

GIa Wrote:How then can believers be so sure that they follow the right God?
As scripture indicates that most if not all will be following the wrong God thanks to deception.

The answer is a the same as the above.

GIa Wrote:Are you somehow immune to Satan, who can deceive the whole world?

Yes as I said christians have a relationship with God, we know Him personally and will see through satans attempts to deceive.

GIa Wrote:If atheists are deceived, then there really is a God.
If believers are deceived, then there really is no God.

If a believer, how do you get around this catch 22.

Yes to the first part, no to the second part, why, if a believer was deceived there would have to be a deceiver and since you are making statements about God and satan I assume you are sticking to the story that God created Lucifer who becomes the deceiver by his own choice, thus a deceiver then there must be God.

GIa Wrote:Are morals the only good way around it?

If so, then if you are a believer that believes that Sodom or the genocide of Noah’s day is good justice, does that mean that you have been deceived?

Having good morals will not give you a relationship with Christ, you can do all the good you can stand but you will still belong to satan.
To the second part, those things you mention are just because God who is just determined it was just. The decision He made is just no matter what you or I think. So, no we as christians have not been deceived.

GIa Wrote:Because on the face of it, since non believers are a minority and think it evil, then you, as part of the majority and think it good, must be wrong.

Is genocide then a good thing or an evil thing?

It's neither for you or I to say what is morally right and just only the moral and just God of heaven can determine such, we trust God in His righteousness. For man to commit genocide is wrong, for God to punish the wicked is just and right.

GIa Wrote:Careful, you have definitely been deceived if God was right. Satan has deceived you.

Regards
DL

God is not the deceiver, satan is, and God in His righteousness will keep safe those who accept Him from satans deceptions.

God loves those who believe and those who do not and the same goes for me, you have no choice in this matter. That puts the matter of total free will to rest.
I think it is rather immoral for God to keep Satan running around causing people to end up in hell...

Quote:The angels have a physical body and you can bet when you come in the presents of God you will surely know.
Well, if this turns out to be true, then I'm going to beat the fuck out of them... Bunch of pussies, unwilling to say no to daddy.
Cunt
Here you go, Min....because I love you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GPPesVeTE1o
[Image: Untitled2_zpswaosccbr.png]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Helping Satan LinuxGal 10 1590 April 1, 2023 at 5:51 am
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Jesus Christ is the Beast 666 Satan Emerald_Eyes_Esoteric 36 7888 December 18, 2022 at 10:33 am
Last Post: LinuxGal
  Satan's Spy System = SSS Ferrocyanide 5 869 January 13, 2022 at 5:04 pm
Last Post: Ferrocyanide
  Christian author has recording of satan's voice Foxaèr 16 1360 August 2, 2020 at 1:03 am
Last Post: Paleophyte
  Christians worship Satan and don't even know it rado84 18 1777 April 15, 2019 at 8:29 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Satan, anti-christ, false prophet vorlon13 43 8108 November 14, 2017 at 12:06 pm
Last Post: Harry Nevis
  Why would this be so hard to have done? Astonished 25 8392 July 1, 2017 at 4:20 pm
Last Post: Astonished
  Dear Satan dyresand 9 2474 April 30, 2016 at 7:33 pm
Last Post: dyresand
  Satan and errors in the Bible Nihilist Virus 41 8387 March 7, 2016 at 2:15 pm
Last Post: Nihilist Virus
  What's the future of Catholic Church and Satan? satan_buttercup 179 29065 August 27, 2015 at 8:25 pm
Last Post: Whateverist