Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 24, 2024, 8:45 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Your Education.
Your Education.
I finished school at 16, became a tradesman and am now back at college studing history.

What education do you have and what are your currently doing with your education?
RE: Your Education.
I left school at age 17 without graduating. I then went back 2 years later to a different school and did pathways, which is a slower way of completing school. I graduated in 2008 when I was 24.

Now I'm studying to become a youth worker.

I am also a classically trained vocalist. I have achieved grade 8 in AMEB exams and grade 6 music theory.
Quote:Frankly, I wish that the fruits of my work useful and glorious appearing of the world that the fruits of my labor awaken the mind and unlock the feeling of those who are deprived of light.
Ridiculous to say, outside the sky was nothing.
There is not one world, one earth, one sun, but as many worlds as we see bright sparks on us.

Giordano Bruno
11 GCSEs, 4 A Levels, 1 BSc in Computer Science, and currently finishing an MSc in Information Security.
I followed the usual course of American schools - kindergarden through 12th grade (graduate at 18), got an advanced diploma which basically meant shite. Dicked around for a few years then finally got off my ass and now I'm going to the local college for horticulture. There's a lot of stuff I'd like to do with the degree when I get it - enough that I'm sort of having a problem choosing, it's almost a good thing the economy sucks ass right now.
[Image: Untitled2_zpswaosccbr.png]
Graduated high school in 1985, got some technical training in the Army, and studied computer science in college for a couple of years. Most of my education has been via the school of hard knocks.

Despite my meager formal education, I have a great job that technically requires substantially more education than I have had.
I attended what was a Grammar School in the 1960's after successfully passing the 11plus examination which qualified me to go there. Those who failed that exam were sent to secondary modern schools, which were supposedly inferior.
Most grammar schools modelled themselves on public schools, the home of the elite of society whose parents could afford to pay for their childrens' education.
The Grammar School system was geared towards sending its pupils on to university.
I had a good education overall and am thankful for that.
I wasn't able to take full advantage of it, however, and left at 16 with 6 GCE " O " level passes.
Whatever I have learned subsequently, has been in the university of life, which has made me the person I am today.
HuhA man is born to a virgin mother, lives, dies, comes alive again and then disappears into the clouds to become his Dad. How likely is that?
12 GCSE grades at school. At sixth form now studying History, English language, Art and (how unfortunate!) ICT, which I can't do at all.
Maybe going to university after two years - I'm in my first year now, in year 12 - I just don't know where; something to do with Art, possibly illustration.

I spent nine years at a Lutheran Grade school where everyone (teachers included) bullied me because I was there.
The next four years were spent at a Catholic High School where most of the student body were gay.
The next three were spent at a community college because I got there on a "My dad works there" scholarship.
Now, I am a little over halfway through first semester at a prestigious arts college: Columbia College Chicago. I'm studying fiction writing, and I may spend some time to attend the bartending school near there so I can eat before I make a living by my works alone.
Comparing the Universal Oneness of All Life to Yo Mama since 2010.

[Image: harmlesskitchen.png]

I was born with the gift of laughter and a sense the world is mad.
I dropped out of school when I was 16, got my GED, and went to college. I got an Associate of Science degree in Psychology, which basically only qualifies me to be a counselor, but hey, it's something. I graduated at the top of my class, if that means anything. Now I am in my sophomore year at a top-notch university. I was majoring in Astronomy and Physics, but the math was fucking KILLING ME!. (I'm not the genius I want to be)

Now I am on the road of Biological Anthropology. I intend on going all the way... so I should be done with school by the time I'm almost 40 years old. I don't really mind. I love school!!!

Dropped out of school (In the year before graduation), arsed about for a few years, started to get my shit together, went to a TAFE college, studied a language and interpreting, now at uni studying either linguistics or speech-language pathology, yet to really decide.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Economics and medicine in general education Macoleco 13 1211 June 13, 2019 at 1:33 am
Last Post: Cecelia
  Wow , I have finally reached the last semester of my education :) Megabullshit 14 1666 April 15, 2019 at 12:04 pm
Last Post: Megabullshit
  What Was Your Sex Education Like? Jade-Green Stone 30 2741 October 21, 2018 at 10:39 pm
Last Post: chimp3
  Linda Brown of Brown v. Board of Education died (76) Cecelia 2 567 March 27, 2018 at 6:46 am
Last Post: Brian37
  Education and crime Macoleco 6 1166 October 31, 2016 at 1:57 pm
Last Post: Doubting Thomas
  Levels of Education rexbeccarox 108 13085 November 13, 2014 at 3:47 am
Last Post: Alex K
  If Anyone Needs to know why education in the US sucks Minimalist 2 1409 February 13, 2014 at 3:49 am
Last Post: EvolutionKills
  Motivation for college: education or salary? Tea Earl Grey Hot 43 8592 July 24, 2013 at 3:52 pm
Last Post: Fidel_Castronaut
  Made the wrong choice in life (about education) Gooders1002 3 1668 December 22, 2012 at 1:53 pm
Last Post: Annik
  Education, drugs, guns. 5thHorseman 4 1815 July 27, 2012 at 6:40 pm
Last Post: Tiberius