Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: September 28, 2024, 5:32 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Atheists come up with ideal god
RE: Atheists come up with ideal god
(October 9, 2015 at 10:45 am)sinnerdaniel94 Wrote:
(October 9, 2015 at 10:35 am)Crossless1 Wrote: The funny thing about contemporary Bible-believing Christians is that -- while they claim to believe the stories about Yahweh ordering Abraham to sacrifice Isaac, ordering the slaughter of the Canaanites, etc. -- most of them don't really believe that they might someday be called upon to kill in his name. Their blathering on about his perfect righteousness and their belief in Divine Command moral theory is purely rhetorical since none of them have been put to the test and most don't believe they ever will be.

That said, I'm sure there are plenty of monsters among them who would kill if they thought they had received such an order. And those are probably the same ones who are first in line to point their fingers at Muslims and other religious people who do the very same thing, without so much as a twinge of irony.

the book of revelation says Christians will be mass murdered and beheaded. For not submitting and worship the beast and his image. But I fear not the world, because Jesus has overcome the world. I fear not the ones who can destroy my body, rather I fear the Lord who can destroy both soul and body in hell. Christians have been the ones being killed because Satan is the god of this world. He will wage war with the saints and he will overcome them, but God is faithful and true and He will put all His enemy under His feet.

(October 9, 2015 at 10:45 am)sinnerdaniel94 Wrote: the book of revelation says Christians will be mass murdered and beheaded. For not submitting and worship the beast and his image. But I fear not the world, because Jesus has overcome the world. I fear not the ones who can destroy my body, rather I fear the Lord who can destroy both soul and body in hell. Christians have been the ones being killed because Satan is the god of this world. He will wage war with the saints and he will overcome them, but God is faithful and true and He will put all His enemy under His feet.

enemies*

(October 9, 2015 at 10:42 am)Crossless1 Wrote: Haven't you been warned already about your relentless preaching? Enough of your baseless claims. This is a discussion forum. Discuss or piss off. You might start with some evidence for your claims.

report me

And I don't fear the book of Revelation because I know it wasn't an exercise in fortune-telling but was written to address what were then contemporary Christian concerns, and the author adopted a highly stylized, symbolic way of talking about them because to have come right out and pointed the finger at Rome would have been extremely dangerous.

I have no need to report you. Virtually every post you make condemns you as the thoughtless, substance-less troll you are.
(October 9, 2015 at 10:40 am)sinnerdaniel94 Wrote:
(October 9, 2015 at 10:35 am)downbeatplumb Wrote: I don't understand this "worshipping" thing that theists tend to do.
If I believed there was a god it would just be a thing I believed.
I don't worship gravity because I believe it exists.

God has loved you before He formed you in your mother's womb. He has known you before the world was created. He gave you life and when you were dead spiritually, He came to the rescue. He then makes you His child and loves you for eternity.

And?

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

Any of the existing gods are fine.  There's no problem with gods, and no need to invent more of them, or an ideal one.  They all have their value. The problem lies with any given gods dimwitted sycophants.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(October 9, 2015 at 10:56 am)downbeatplumb Wrote:
(October 9, 2015 at 10:40 am)sinnerdaniel94 Wrote: God has loved you before He formed you in your mother's womb. He has known you before the world was created. He gave you life and when you were dead spiritually, He came to the rescue. He then makes you His child and loves you for eternity.

And?

He deserves worship, but the good thing is that He created you with free will, so you don't have to if you don't want to.
[Image: 5910.png]
[Image: Cheese+Cracker.jpg]
A Christian told me: if you were saved you cant lose your salvation. you're sealed with the Holy Ghost

I replied: Can I refuse? Because I find the entire concept of vicarious blood sacrifice atonement to be morally abhorrent, the concept of holding flawed creatures permanently accountable for social misbehaviors and thought crimes to be morally abhorrent, and the concept of calling something "free" when it comes with the strings of subjugation and obedience perhaps the most morally abhorrent of all... and that's without even going into the history of justifying genocide, slavery, rape, misogyny, religious intolerance, and suppression of free speech which has been attributed by your own scriptures to your deity. I want a refund. I would burn happily rather than serve the monster you profess to love.

(October 9, 2015 at 11:03 am)sinnerdaniel94 Wrote:
(October 9, 2015 at 10:56 am)downbeatplumb Wrote: And?

He deserves worship, but the good thing is that He created you with free will, so you don't have to if you don't want to.

You might want to take up that free will thing with one of your fellow Christians here, Drich. He thinks that free will is un-Biblical and was smuggled into Christian theology by way of Greek philosophy. To be clear, he distinguishes between the ability to choose and "free will".
(October 9, 2015 at 11:03 am)sinnerdaniel94 Wrote:
(October 9, 2015 at 10:56 am)downbeatplumb Wrote: And?

Still not getting the need to worship. A nice "thank you" card would suffice don't you think!

(October 9, 2015 at 11:10 am)downbeatplumb Wrote:
(October 9, 2015 at 11:03 am)sinnerdaniel94 Wrote: He deserves worship, but the good thing is that He created you with free will, so you don't have to if you don't want to.

Still not getting the need to worship. A nice "thank you" card would suffice don't you think!

A good bottle of wine or a fruit basket, in addition to the card, would be nice.
(October 9, 2015 at 11:12 am)Crossless1 Wrote:
(October 9, 2015 at 11:10 am)downbeatplumb Wrote: Still not getting the need to worship. A nice "thank you" card would suffice don't you think!

A good bottle of wine or a fruit basket, in addition to the card, would be nice.

Oh go on then.

Quote:He deserves worship, but the good thing is that He created you with free will, so you don't have to if you don't want to.

Fine - so there's no problem then. As long as you work your side of the street and leave us to work ours, there's no reason we can't get on with our lives in peace.
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Does your atheism come as a package? FrustratedFool 75 7261 October 7, 2023 at 1:50 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Abiogenesis ("Chemical Evolution"): Did Life come from Non-Life by Pure Chance. Nishant Xavier 55 4359 August 6, 2023 at 5:19 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  Family is always asking me to come to religious celebrations Tomatoshadow2 25 2464 April 11, 2023 at 6:24 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  I enjoy far right atheists more than lgbt marxist atheists Sopra 4 2359 February 28, 2018 at 9:09 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  How come there arent many atheists such as Bill Maher Roeki 30 9185 July 6, 2017 at 3:10 am
Last Post: Ben Davis
  God can come 2nd to my son..... maestroanth 6 1494 January 1, 2017 at 2:31 pm
Last Post: Joods
  Ugh, how come I, an atheist, have the ability to ACT more "Christian" than...... maestroanth 7 1926 April 9, 2016 at 7:46 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Why did you come to this board? Kingpin 131 22804 August 18, 2015 at 8:38 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  Why do never-theists come to atheist forums? watchamadoodle 26 7309 January 8, 2015 at 9:03 am
Last Post: watchamadoodle
  The Perfect Ideal World Created By Science Mozart Link 0 914 June 3, 2014 at 2:41 pm
Last Post: Mozart Link