Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: September 28, 2024, 9:23 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Atheists come up with ideal god
RE: Atheists come up with ideal god
(October 9, 2015 at 11:17 am)Stimbo Wrote:
Quote:He deserves worship, but the good thing is that He created you with free will, so you don't have to if you don't want to.

Fine - so there's no problem then. As long as you work your side of the street and leave us to work ours, there's no reason we can't get on with our lives in peace.

BUT GOD MADE THE STREETS SO BOTH SIDES BELONG TO THE CHRISTAINS
How will we know, when the morning comes, we are still human? - 2D

Don't worry, my friend.  If this be the end, then so shall it be.
Yeah; they're nothing if not predictable, eh?
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
(October 9, 2015 at 10:45 am)sinnerdaniel94 Wrote:
(October 9, 2015 at 10:40 am)Stimbo Wrote: What do you know about "God's" nature and how do you know it?

faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.
I had faith in what I heard.
Just spreading the message, you can ignore it, or listen idc

Faith may come easily, but faith isn't knowing something, merely believing.
He asked you how you know these things about God.
[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
It seems knowledge claims about theological issues are the most ephemeral of soap bubbles. Prick them with a simple question and they burst irreparably. Until the next time.

Yes, I wax poetic on vodka.
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
(October 9, 2015 at 10:36 am)sinnerdaniel94 Wrote:
(October 9, 2015 at 10:25 am)TheRocketSurgeon Wrote: And these people wonder why we're terrified of them, and can't see a difference between them and ISIS. Rolleyes

mohammad was married to a nine year old or something. and they confuse mary the mother of Jesus with mary, moses and Aarons sister, because marium and mary are the same name in Arabic or whatever their language they use, so they messed up. moses and jesus were separated between thousands of years.

muslims think they can work their way to God's favor, when in fact God's nature is the exact opposite. They think they die for God when God died for them so they can live.

You don't even know what language Muslims speak and yet you expect us to believe anything you say? Go educate yourself, Danny. You need it badly.
Thief and assassin for hire. Member in good standing of the Rogues Guild.
(October 9, 2015 at 10:40 am)sinnerdaniel94 Wrote:
(October 9, 2015 at 10:35 am)downbeatplumb Wrote: I don't understand this "worshipping" thing that theists tend to do.
If I believed there was a god it would just be a thing I believed.
I don't worship gravity because I believe it exists.

God has loved you before He formed you in your mother's womb. He has known you before the world was created. He gave you life and when you were dead spiritually, He came to the rescue. He then makes you His child and loves you for eternity.

Prove it.
Thief and assassin for hire. Member in good standing of the Rogues Guild.
(October 9, 2015 at 4:16 pm)SnakeOilWarrior Wrote:
(October 9, 2015 at 10:40 am)sinnerdaniel94 Wrote: God has loved you before He formed you in your mother's womb. He has known you before the world was created. He gave you life and when you were dead spiritually, He came to the rescue. He then makes you His child and loves you for eternity.

Prove it.

This guy STILL thinks that quoting the babble at us will have an effect.  Isn't that the very definition of insanity: when something doesn't work, you do the same thing over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over . . .   

We don't believe that gawd exists, and won't without scientific proof.  

Time for meds, straight-jacket and beddy-bye, poor little deluded toad.  Take your imaginary friend with you.
"The family that prays together...is brainwashing their children."- Albert Einstein
(October 9, 2015 at 10:40 am)sinnerdaniel94 Wrote: God has loved you before He formed you in your mother's womb. He has known you before the world was created. He gave you life and when you were dead spiritually, He came to the rescue. He then makes you His child and loves you for eternity.

I don't believe in things because they sound nice.  I believe things because there is evidence for them.  There is no evidence of any of the above.

Over the Rainbow sounds nice. 

But that doesn't mean OZ exists.  Kansas, now Kansas exists, idiotic creationists and all.
If there is a god, I want to believe that there is a god.  If there is not a god, I want to believe that there is no god.
(October 9, 2015 at 10:40 am)sinnerdaniel94 Wrote:
(October 9, 2015 at 10:35 am)downbeatplumb Wrote: I don't understand this "worshipping" thing that theists tend to do.
If I believed there was a god it would just be a thing I believed.
I don't worship gravity because I believe it exists.

God has loved you before He formed you in your mother's womb. He has known you before the world was created. He gave you life and when you were dead spiritually, He came to the rescue. He then makes you His child and loves you for eternity.

So, in your version of free will, god created me, knowing all along that I would not be convinced that he existed. 

And he did this, knowing that I will be punished for eternity for the finite crime of disbelief.

Why would he create atheists knowing that we will be punished?

You'd believe if you just opened your heart" is a terrible argument for religion. It's basically saying, "If you bias yourself enough, you can convince yourself that this is true." If religion were true, people wouldn't need faith to believe it -- it would be supported by good evidence.
I realize, this thread has moved on quite a bit.

What would I want to worship? Well, as has been said, the only being worthy of worship would be one that doesn't need or care about worship. An all powerful being, immortal and eternal would look at us like we are looking at an ant colony. And that's taking it generous. So, a being not wanting or needing worship because it's so far removed that it doesn't care. But such a being doesn't care about worship, so I wouldn't worship it and so the circle closes.
[Image: Bumper+Sticker+-+Asheville+-+Praise+Dog3.JPG]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Does your atheism come as a package? FrustratedFool 75 7261 October 7, 2023 at 1:50 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Abiogenesis ("Chemical Evolution"): Did Life come from Non-Life by Pure Chance. Nishant Xavier 55 4359 August 6, 2023 at 5:19 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  Family is always asking me to come to religious celebrations Tomatoshadow2 25 2464 April 11, 2023 at 6:24 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  I enjoy far right atheists more than lgbt marxist atheists Sopra 4 2359 February 28, 2018 at 9:09 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  How come there arent many atheists such as Bill Maher Roeki 30 9185 July 6, 2017 at 3:10 am
Last Post: Ben Davis
  God can come 2nd to my son..... maestroanth 6 1494 January 1, 2017 at 2:31 pm
Last Post: Joods
  Ugh, how come I, an atheist, have the ability to ACT more "Christian" than...... maestroanth 7 1926 April 9, 2016 at 7:46 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Why did you come to this board? Kingpin 131 22833 August 18, 2015 at 8:38 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  Why do never-theists come to atheist forums? watchamadoodle 26 7309 January 8, 2015 at 9:03 am
Last Post: watchamadoodle
  The Perfect Ideal World Created By Science Mozart Link 0 914 June 3, 2014 at 2:41 pm
Last Post: Mozart Link