Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: October 2, 2024, 12:25 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
the hammer of homosexuality
RE: the hammer of homosexuality
Sometimes I wonder what the world would be like today if enlightened people wrote the bible instead of frustrated goat fuckers who were confused and scared by vaginas. I mean I doubt it'd be much better, but it'd be somewhat better.
It could be rewritten in one sentence:

"Jesus says be nice to people."

The rest is stupid junk and takes away from this point.
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
(October 11, 2015 at 12:47 pm)robvalue Wrote: I just tried being gay. It was great!

The random guy I tried it on didn't seem to like it though. Probably should have asked him first.

I wonder if I did it right?

I tried. Guys smell.  Tongue
(October 11, 2015 at 12:59 pm)Divinity Wrote: Sometimes I wonder what the world would be like today if enlightened people wrote the bible instead of frustrated goat fuckers who were confused and scared by vaginas.  I mean I doubt it'd be much better, but it'd be somewhat better.

Supposed to be updated regularly but the priests killed all the prophets. Turned it into a scheme. Natural selection among viral memes.  Undecided
Homosexuality, like most human behaviors, is brought on through a combination of biological and psychological factors the effects of which vary from person to person.
At the end of the day unless a behavior actually harms someone theres not much reason to ban it.

That being said I'm looking forward to the hammer of homosexuality being put into the next Dragon Age.
I'm just kidding. Me buy an EA game? After Mass Effect 3? Thats rich.
"That is not dead which can eternal lie and with strange aeons even death may die." 
- Abdul Alhazred.
Not much reason to ban it? Massive understatement! No reason at all to ban it! Big Grin
(October 11, 2015 at 12:45 pm)TheRocketSurgeon Wrote:
(October 11, 2015 at 10:47 am)Drich Wrote: Two in order for your conclusion about homosexuality being defined in the bible as a sin, you have to assume the all heterosexual sex has been permitted.

Meaning if one could have sex just based on heterosexual want it would be "ok" then your arguement would make sense. Because only then you can say sexual orientation was specifically targeted. This however is not the case.

I don't know if you are aware or not, but their is a strict probation on ALL sexual activity outside the confines of a sanctified marriage. This means that everyone is to suppress all sexual urges and desires in word thought, and deed. Unless one is in a sanctified marriage with another then all sex is off limits.

This is in direct violation of all of our basic/primal desires or needs. Not just the homosexual. That make all homosexual activity a sexual sin just like any other. No worse no better. As such it faces the same restrictions and demand for atonement and repentance as does every other sexual sin.

Well, that explains all the crowds of Christians I've seen, carrying signs protesting premarital heterosexual sex!

That explains the Christians at my door, telling me I'm going to hell because I have two kids with my fiancee, to whom I am not yet married.

That explains why they constantly call me horrible names and try to beat me up because I'm unmarried yet sexually active.

Man, I was really starting to worry that I had it a lot worse than the homosexuals, with all the attention we fornicators have been getting from the Christers.

Ah, good olde appeal to bigotry. Rather than look at what scripture actually says thus defining what a proper Christian response should be, take the "thinking man's" approach and build an arguement based on stereotypes.. But wait doesn't that make you a hypocrite? No of course not. You don't believe in God so it is ok for you use the very same type of stereotypes to build anti Christian sentiment.

What happened to you? Loose a few arguments, and you can be found scraping the bottom of the barrel for anything to hurl at religion and those who represent it.
Drich = blah blah blah
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
(October 12, 2015 at 12:05 am)Drich Wrote:
(October 11, 2015 at 12:45 pm)TheRocketSurgeon Wrote: Well, that explains all the crowds of Christians I've seen, carrying signs protesting premarital heterosexual sex!

That explains the Christians at my door, telling me I'm going to hell because I have two kids with my fiancee, to whom I am not yet married.

That explains why they constantly call me horrible names and try to beat me up because I'm unmarried yet sexually active.

Man, I was really starting to worry that I had it a lot worse than the homosexuals, with all the attention we fornicators have been getting from the Christers.

Ah, good olde appeal to bigotry. Rather than look at what scripture actually says thus defining what a proper Christian response should be, take the "thinking man's" approach and build an arguement based on stereotypes.. But wait doesn't that make you a hypocrite? No of course not. You don't believe in God so it is ok for you use the very same type of stereotypes to build anti Christian sentiment.

What happened to you? Loose a few arguments, and you can be found scraping the bottom of the barrel for anything to hurl at religion and those who represent it.

You've still yet to win one you know...
*lose

You know the funny thing? I was just starting to soften my stance on marriage. Thinking of the future, thinking of it as a grand gesture to make at some distant point but you, you reminded me what it really is. What it was and what it will always be no matter how much we try to change it. A shackle, designed to tie a woman to a man regardless of how she feels in the future. Designed to make men like you feel more secure. Designed to leech off of that bond and insert your religion where it most certainly does not belong.
Its a gesture that would be fantastic at first but as time went on it would tarnish everything. It would strip away the passion and the freedom because of what it represents. What it will always represent. There are other more imaginative and more beautiful ways to strengthen that bond. Marriage can't do that though. It can't strengthen, it will either have no effect long term or it will destroy it because when it comes down to it a shackle is a shackle even if you loosen the chain.
"That is not dead which can eternal lie and with strange aeons even death may die." 
- Abdul Alhazred.
There is nothing wrong with same sex people loving each other! Its the sex part that is abnormal. Homosexuality is not natural, or procreative. And is a mental illness, and/or perversion. All sex outside of marriage is considered wrong according to the bible.

And marriage is between a man and a woman.  

Genesis 2:18 "Then the Lord God said, “It is not good for the man to be alone; I will make him a helper [suitable] for him.”

suit·a·ble
ˈso͞odəb(ə)l/
adjective
adjective: suitable

right or appropriate for a particular person, purpose, or situation.
   "these two men are not suitable for producing children"
   synonyms: acceptable, satisfactory, fitting
Quis ut Deus?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  German bishops agree with scientists: homosexuality is normal Fake Messiah 21 3298 January 21, 2020 at 5:38 pm
Last Post: Jehanne
  The Bible condemns homosexuality. Jehanne 190 32452 May 2, 2018 at 11:48 pm
Last Post: Wyrd of Gawd
  Homosexuality degenerates Safirno 83 11352 July 9, 2016 at 9:43 pm
Last Post: ignoramus
  Is Christianity against homosexuality? 123abc 60 11778 October 10, 2015 at 8:17 am
Last Post: robvalue
  HOMOSEXUALITY IS A 'SIN' BigGiantPorky 98 22917 August 1, 2015 at 10:58 am
Last Post: dyresand
  On the subject of homosexuality... Boris Karloff 42 11501 January 20, 2014 at 8:12 pm
Last Post: Ryantology
  A wonderful response to biblical objections to homosexuality. Esquilax 22 7397 January 20, 2014 at 2:34 am
Last Post: Esquilax
  Bashing Homosexuality and Everyone is Behind Him Yahweh 3 2166 December 25, 2013 at 10:26 am
Last Post: Yahweh
  Homosexuality is a sin? Well, Xtians, what about these other 76 things? Creed of Heresy 96 34915 May 28, 2013 at 10:57 pm
Last Post: Drich
  Why Homosexuality is Okay Erinome 92 38093 January 21, 2012 at 5:55 pm
Last Post: I_Am_Death