Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 26, 2024, 4:56 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Apparently I need to hope I don't ever get robbed according to gun nuts
RE: Apparently I need to hope I don't ever get robbed according to gun nuts
(June 13, 2016 at 7:06 pm)Bella Morte Wrote:
(June 13, 2016 at 7:04 pm)Jello Wrote: Probably, because that could turn into GBH pretty fast or murder/manslaughter Tongue

Or let's just say there was a random sharp object on the ground, even using that would get me into trouble. But hey I inflicted enough damage. I'm just glad I didn't end up dead.

No, it most likely wouldn't, at least not under the Act. What constitutes an offensive weapon is not the intent to cause injury, but whether the object is a) designed to do so or b) has been modified to do so; combined with whether it's something a person would be reasonably expected to be carrying.
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
(June 14, 2016 at 5:53 am)Stimbo Wrote:
(June 13, 2016 at 7:06 pm)Bella Morte Wrote: Or let's just say there was a random sharp object on the ground, even using that would get me into trouble. But hey I inflicted enough damage. I'm just glad I didn't end up dead.

No, it most likely wouldn't, at least not under the Act. What constitutes an offensive weapon is not the intent to cause injury, but whether the object is a) designed to do so or b) has been modified to do so; combined with whether it's something a person would be reasonably expected to be carrying.

Nice. At least the UK doesn't suck as much as I thought it did.
(June 13, 2016 at 6:27 pm)mlmooney89 Wrote: I feel like I would be so paranoid I might end up going insane if I lived in the UK. To be afraid to even defend yourself is just wrong...

How often have you had to defend yourself in the more violent US?
(June 13, 2016 at 6:39 pm)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:
(June 13, 2016 at 6:27 pm)mlmooney89 Wrote: I feel like I would be so paranoid I might end up going insane if I lived in the UK. To be afraid to even defend yourself is just wrong...

No one can take away your wits. Not a perfect solution, but it pays to hone that weapon.

Oh I do try and keep my situational awareness up. I always have to sit at a table with my back to the wall and view looking at doors and other people. I don't walk anywhere with headphones in and I don't walk alone without looking around everything.

OMG that leads me to the funniest story ever! So I'm taking my husky, Zero, out to pee before I go to work. It's like 445am on a Saturday. I have to walk across a little street to the grass and as I'm turning I see this movement further down the street. I don't see it again so I continue on. While Zero is doing his business I see this black head (because the hedges are that tall against this man) and he is running away. Okay this freaks me out but Zero isn't exactly a friendly dog to strangers and the man was running in the opposite direction. I go inside and put Zero in his kennel. I realize that I hadn't parked in the normal spot near my apartment because of lack of spots the night before. My truck is where the guy was running toward. I also realize my gun was left in my truck and my knife was in my purse which was in my truck. (I got home really late the night before and wasn't thinking about anything other than bed) So now I'm paranoid. What do I have to keep me safe seeing how I have to go to work and I have to walk over to my truck? My crazy self grabs a damn kitchen knife. I stick it up my sleeve like a fuckin assassin from Assassin's Creed. I leave the house, lock the door, and then proceed to walk around like a ninja. I mean I was looking around corners before I walked around, kept looking behind me, being real paranoid and all because I saw a man running in the parking lot. I come out of the building and look left then right then jump outta my freakin skin. This guy is standing there 100% naked! It's hard to tell because he is black and sitting in the shadows but I noticed it is my neighbor. He sees me at the same time I see him and he runs away trying to stay to the shadows. I haul ass to my truck, jump in, and lock the doors, then proceed to burst out laughing. Later that day after work I was at the dog park which is where my truck was that morning. There is a little building between me and my building. All of a sudden I hear this guy yelling (he is usually singing at the top of his lungs so I know his voice well) "MY DAMN GIRLFRIEND KICKED ME OUT OF MY OWN DAMN APARTMENT" Well alright so that is why he was running around naked last night, wonder if he got caught cheating. It's been months since then and they are still together, he still sings every time he is walking around the building, and they have a new dog together so I reckon everything worked out. lmao
(June 13, 2016 at 5:28 pm)Bella Morte Wrote:
(June 13, 2016 at 5:26 pm)Losty Wrote: I used to carry pepper spray but now just nothing.

That's also Illegal here.

My country sucks.

No it doesn't. It is a country where respect for the rule of law is deeply ingrained (mostly because it doesn't want to go back to being the other kind). I honestly can't understand the mentality that thinks gun ownership being rare and/or heavily regulated is a bad thing. I just can't.
Urbs Antiqua Fuit Studiisque Asperrima Belli

Home

Bella's painting an overly paranoid picture of what the UK is like.
Urbs Antiqua Fuit Studiisque Asperrima Belli

Home
(June 14, 2016 at 9:29 pm)Constable Dorfl Wrote:

Bella's painting an overly paranoid picture of what the UK is like.

Violence isn't as bad here as it is in the US. I certainly wasn't denying that. But pepper spray being legal would be nice. As much as I want handguns to be legal, I know that's not going to happen. So pepperspray is the next best (-ish) thing.
Pepper spray is not fun
(August 21, 2017 at 11:31 pm)KevinM1 Wrote: "I'm not a troll"
Religious Views: He gay

0/10

Hammy Wrote:and we also have a sheep on our bed underneath as well
It's called the NPA the national punch association everyone can get a member just need have a strong punch
and the best part fists done need to be reloaded they make the perfect concealed weapon because you can
catch someone off guard with a well place fist to the face.
Atheism is a non-prophet organization join today. 

Code:
<iframe width="100%" height="450" scrolling="no" frameborder="no" src="https://w.soundcloud.com/player/?url=https%3A//api.soundcloud.com/tracks/255506953&amp;auto_play=false&amp;hide_related=false&amp;show_comments=true&amp;show_user=true&amp;show_reposts=false&amp;visual=true"></iframe>
I'm going to rob you at sword point.

Smile

Playing Cluedo with my mum while I was at Uni:

"You did WHAT?  With WHO?  WHERE???"

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What do you think about gun control? FlatAssembler 93 4661 February 21, 2022 at 10:06 pm
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  Another Gun Thread Foxaèr 254 21023 September 29, 2020 at 7:48 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Apparently 600 million people voted for Trump.. A Godzilla fan 6 980 October 5, 2019 at 11:53 am
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  Proof gun control works GrandizerII 115 6983 August 23, 2019 at 4:28 pm
Last Post: onlinebiker
  Why People Ignore Facts (Gun Control) Jade-Green Stone 22 1723 December 5, 2018 at 9:03 am
Last Post: Angrboda
  So Apparently We Have An AG Who Doesn't Think Hawaii Is A State. Minimalist 39 8342 October 1, 2018 at 2:17 pm
Last Post: Losty
  When FOX Fires Shep Smith I Hope MSNBC Hires Him Minimalist 2 527 August 2, 2018 at 9:20 am
Last Post: Joods
  Just Don't Get Sick! Minimalist 6 871 June 19, 2018 at 11:46 am
Last Post: Minimalist
  Donald Trump robbed Saudi Arabia; again xD WinterHold 4 879 March 25, 2018 at 2:59 am
Last Post: WinterHold
  White House Gun Meeting Foxaèr 23 2299 March 1, 2018 at 2:03 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama