Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 24, 2024, 2:40 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
George Michael slams 'bastard' Christian group
George Michael slams 'bastard' Christian group
You just gotta appreciate his sentiments:

http://entertainment.msnbc.msn.com/_news...tian-group

Loving your fellow man...the golden rule...all concepts apparently lost on a radical, hate-propagating Christian group known as Christians for a Moral America.

Back in November, when George Michael went through a lengthy hospitalization after a life-threatening bout of pneumonia, fans and friends were sending thoughts his way. But the CFAMA was sending something else entirely — a call for its followers to pray for his death.

Well, guess who has something to say about that?

"Speaking of which, did you know that while I was fighting for my life in Austria there were a bunch of those lovely American 'Christian' organizations, who call themselves 'Christians for a Moral America,' who were actually taking the time to pray for me to die...check this out," Michael tweeted yesterday, linking to their blog posting rejoicing in his illness, and thus kicking off a lengthy Twitter rant.

"How very sweet of them, considering how busy they must be on the whole. Now don't get me wrong, I know for a fact that many devout Christians, such as the one I work rest and play with on a daily basis, are truly wonderful, kind hearted men and women who take the best parts of that religion and live admirable, generous and loving lives.

"But in my opinion, and I think those made evident by those who prayed for my death, there are others who use their twisted interpretations of ancient scriptures as a pathetic excuse to be...wait for it, wait for it....!

"Totally f--ked up c--ksucking bastards. And not in a good way....! Oh my GOD that felt good...I must be getting BETTER!"

As for what kind of group would pray for someone's death in the first place, well, it's the same group that staged a live-burning of a photo of Ricky Gervais, has called for a boycott of "Glee," Adam Lambert, the Golden Globes and "The Hobbit" (because of "Satan's Little Helper" Peter Jackson, who is using "witchcraft and wizardry to peddle the film"), and lists feminists, Muslims, homosexuals, liberals and atheists as the five biggest dangers in America.

Its post on George Michael was filed under the heading: "Yet another victim to the homosexual lifestyle; George Michael on his deathbed."

Though he was suffering from pneumonia, the Twitter feed linked to the story along with the hashtag "#AIDS."

"George Michael is reportedly close to death after being struck down with pneumonia (a symptom of AIDS," the post read, adding that he had been "plaguing his body with drugs and no doubt sexual diseases.")

"It's also symbolic that just after the 20th anniversary of Freddie Mercury's death from AIDS that another famous homosexual would succumb to this disease.

"We pray that George Michael has found salvation through Christ in his last days otherwise he will pay for his unrepentant lifestyle in hell."

WWJD? We're pretty certain--anything but that.
'The difference between a Miracle and a Fact is exactly the difference between a mermaid and seal. It could not be expressed better.'
-- Samuel "Mark Twain" Clemens

"I think that in the discussion of natural problems we ought to begin not with the scriptures, but with experiments, demonstrations, and observations".

- Galileo Galilei (1564-1642)

"In short, Meyer has shown that his first disastrous book was not a fluke: he is capable of going into any field in which he has no training or research experience and botching it just as badly as he did molecular biology. As I've written before, if you are a complete amateur and don't understand a subject, don't demonstrate the Dunning-Kruger effect by writing a book about it and proving your ignorance to everyone else! "

- Dr. Donald Prothero
RE: George Michael slams 'bastard' Christian group
Good thing prayer doesn't work.
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
Yes it does! I prayed for ice cream then I went to the store and I swear I found it in the frozen section.
(January 4, 2012 at 7:09 pm)Voltair Wrote: Yes it does! I prayed for ice cream then I went to the store and I swear I found it in the frozen section.

Shock It's a miracle!!! "We thank thee Lord that in thy mercy..."
~*~Your beliefs don't make you a better person, your behavior does ~*~

~*~Live a good life. If there are Gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are Gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no Gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones - Marcus Aurelius~*~
(January 4, 2012 at 5:52 pm)orogenicman Wrote: You just gotta appreciate his sentiments:

http://entertainment.msnbc.msn.com/_news...tian-group

Loving your fellow man...the golden rule...all concepts apparently lost on a radical, hate-propagating Christian group known as Christians for a Moral America.

Back in November, when George Michael went through [...]

The WBC must have been on holiday.
Sounds like a splinter group.

Maybe they were too obnoxious for the WBC and got kicked out?
(January 6, 2012 at 12:15 pm)Minimalist Wrote: Sounds like a splinter group.

Wouldn't that make a good TV comedy? Big Grin
(January 6, 2012 at 12:15 pm)Minimalist Wrote: Maybe they were too obnoxious for the WBC and got kicked out?

I don't think that's even possible.
Christian apologetics is the art of rolling a dog turd in sugar and selling it as a donut.
You would.
(January 6, 2012 at 12:15 pm)Minimalist Wrote: Sounds like a splinter group.

Altogether now:

"SPLITTERS!!!"
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Cardinal George Pell has conviction overturned Agnostico 70 4353 May 9, 2020 at 8:24 am
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  Group hallucinations Fake Messiah 12 1823 April 9, 2019 at 3:24 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Cardinal George Pell. fredd bear 37 3555 March 13, 2019 at 2:00 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  [Serious] Freemasons: why is there such a negative view of this group? GODZILLA 8 1399 February 4, 2019 at 6:43 am
Last Post: GODZILLA
  Bishop setting up group to fight off 'evil forces' and recite prayers of exorcism Marozz 14 2564 October 11, 2018 at 5:19 am
Last Post: OakTree500
Video Angry Atheist: Michael Jackson, atheism and religion robvalue 32 5196 March 14, 2016 at 5:28 am
Last Post: robvalue
  Amazing interview with Richard Dawkins and George Coyne Freedom of thought 2 1781 April 21, 2014 at 4:56 am
Last Post: Freedom of thought
  Now a Hindu Group Wants a Monument at the Oklahoma Capitol Gooders1002 45 10697 December 15, 2013 at 2:17 am
Last Post: Minimalist
  RELIGION IS OVER By Michael Sherlock Gooders1002 20 5983 February 14, 2013 at 9:49 am
Last Post: michaelsherlock
  US pastor subject of lawsuit by Ugandan gay advocacy group Doubting Thomas 3 1375 March 15, 2012 at 4:30 pm
Last Post: Doubting Thomas