Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 6:20 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Basic intelligence in America.(rant)
Basic intelligence in America.(rant)
Small intro to say that there are some very smart cookies on this site, but you appear to be a minority and there has been an influx of tards in here in the last 6 months. I noticed the general brain freeze whilst in NYC too.

So.....

What do you learn at school?

The more forums I go on (this one is the only exception) and the more news shows I see, the more mentally inadequate Americans appear. Judging by the forum posts I have been reading on politics, history, science and all facets of life it's almost as if you go to school and stare at walls...... then go to church. The quality of the serious posts is extremely poor and it isn't even intellectual dishonesty either. The research skills suck too.

Also, why is the media so shit? And where do you get your info?

From watching your new shows like FOX, MSNBC, CNN, ABC etc, the level of journalism is amateur at best. They're all opinion or wall sitters. It's a fucking joke. The reporting on the shooting was ridiculous, the presenters are quite possible mentally handicapped, and the focus of the news is politically motivated and NOT journalism. Why is it tolerated?

Do you even get taught history? From what i have read the answer is no.

What happened? The only 2 half decent news outlets i've seen are TYT and Politico.

The two places you get your intelligence and info from, suck balls. Thank fuck the universities(at the higher level at least) are excellent.

Also, please don't take this as an offence, this is the last bastion of American intelligence.
RE: Basic intelligence in America.(rant)
Squeeky wheel syndrome. We are falling behind massively though, which is a shame, because once upon a time we had this shit on lock.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(July 24, 2012 at 3:59 pm)Rhythm Wrote: Squeeky wheel syndrome. We are falling behind massively though, which is a shame, because once upon a time we had this shit on lock.

Thats what pisses me off. I've been watching this cliff-like decline for nearly 10 years, and I just don't get why it's allowed to happen.
Its not much better here is it?
the media is, but a substantial margin.

education is, by a pubic hair.
I can imagine the UK ending up like the Eloi and Morlocks from The Time Machine.
how you measure anything you said, i have no idea.

one way to measure education doesn't have you doing so well ...
http://www.guardian.co.uk/news/datablog/...ce-reading

edit: sorry, that study is for 2010. this one is for 2012.
http://www.marketwatch.com/story/ranking...2012-05-10
they can land a rover on mars, yet they still have to stick a human finger up my ass to do a prostate exam?! - ricky gervais
EDIT. Said something stupid, please ignore.
(July 24, 2012 at 4:01 pm)5thHorseman Wrote: I just don't get why it's allowed to happen.

It's not so much that it being allowed to happen as it is being encouraged to happen.
Save a life. Adopt a greyhound.
[Image: JUkLw58.gif]
I hope you do not mean this forum is the last bastion of American intelligence. There most definitely has been an influx of the stupid and intellectually dishonest in the past few months. I honestly almost miss Statler Waldorf.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  An interesting read concerning atheism in america. brewer 11 683 January 3, 2022 at 12:46 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Andrew Zimmern, "What's Eating America".. Brian37 36 3711 February 17, 2020 at 11:32 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Self entitled meaningless rant. Brian37 4 753 October 22, 2018 at 12:44 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  Anybody else overthink the most basic shit? Kookaburra 19 2022 March 22, 2018 at 11:49 pm
Last Post: Martian Mermaid
  Why should I be ashamed? A rant by a Mexican. J a c k 61 10488 March 20, 2018 at 6:26 am
Last Post: Little lunch
  Coming to America Cyberman 49 4182 January 13, 2018 at 11:42 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Which do you think is a surer sign of low intelligence and/or low information? Whateverist 15 4742 June 14, 2017 at 10:48 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  Which do you think is a surer sign of low intelligence and/or low information? Whateverist 2 770 June 14, 2017 at 5:04 pm
Last Post: Aroura
  Things You Don't Like About Other Countries ( America Gets Immunity) Amarok 61 9247 April 11, 2017 at 6:58 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Can I rant for a second, about parents NuclearEnergy 12 2206 December 20, 2016 at 5:19 pm
Last Post: PETE_ROSE