Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 12:30 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Christians - Aware you worship a virgin?
Christians - Aware you worship a virgin?
Was hunting for something on the Virgin births claimed in history and came across a gem from wiki answers:
http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Is_Jesus_Christ_a_virgin

So is that the official Christian position? Would it make a difference whether or not he was a virgin? Do you feel sorry for Jesus not getting laid? Is it the best idea to take claims about life from someone who hadn't even experienced the best part of it?
RE: Christians - Aware you worship a virgin?
You have got to be kidding me.
Quote:His body doesn't produce enough semen that will cause Him to have sexual urges.
Um...what about the impotent male who can screw all day long?
Quote:Jesus Christ remained sinless His entire life. He is the perfect lamb of God. His mission on earth was to save His people from their sins. Being sinless He overcame all fleshly, human desires. He remained pure and holy His entire life.
So sex is a sin and we aren't suppose to think of such things. How are we suppose to keep the human race going?
This is one of the most retarded things I have read.
binnyCoffee
(December 10, 2009 at 2:14 pm)binny Wrote: You have got to be kidding me.
Quote:His body doesn't produce enough semen that will cause Him to have sexual urges.
Um...what about the impotent male who can screw all day long?
Quote:Jesus Christ remained sinless His entire life. He is the perfect lamb of God. His mission on earth was to save His people from their sins. Being sinless He overcame all fleshly, human desires. He remained pure and holy His entire life.
So sex is a sin and we aren't suppose to think of such things. How are we suppose to keep the human race going?
This is one of the most retarded things I have read.

As Hitchens put it: Christians have an unhealthy obsession with sex in the same way the an anorexic does with food.
I've heard that people back then were a little shorter. So if we were to look jesus in the face, we'd be looking down at him. Big Grin
That's quite funny. Jesus is a virgin, preacher, shortie, liar, who fathered himself and got a little lippy with the romans.ROFLOL Then unintentionly ended up becoming a martyr to abunch of religious freaks.
Classic!
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence - Carl Sagan

Mankind's intelligence walks hand in hand with it's stupidity.

Being an atheist says nothing about your overall intelligence, it just means you don't believe in god. Atheists can be as bright as any scientist and as stupid as any creationist.

You never really know just how stupid someone is, until you've argued with them.
(December 10, 2009 at 2:38 pm)Ace Wrote: I've heard that people back then were a little shorter. So if we were to look jesus in the face, we'd be looking down at him. Big Grin
That's quite funny. Jesus is a virgin, preacher, shortie, liar, who fathered himself and got a little lippy with the romans.ROFLOL Then unintentionly ended up becoming a martyr to abunch of religious freaks.
Classic!

Poor bastard just wanted a little attention Tongue
Actually, i truly question how Jesus is 'male' at all...

Because if Mary TRULY WAS a virgin... then there would be no Y gene present in his development... and for all intents and purposes: 'He' should have been genetically extremely similar to 'his' mother...

Of course, 'God' is a literary device used to 'magically correct everything "wrong" in the story'... so i suppose they rationalize it like that?
Please give me a home where cloud buffalo roam
Where the dear and the strangers can play
Where sometimes is heard a discouraging word
But the skies are not stormy all day
(December 10, 2009 at 2:41 pm)Saerules Wrote: Actually, i truly question how Jesus is 'male' at all...

Because if Mary TRULY WAS a virgin... then there would be no Y gene present in his development... and for all intents and purposes: 'He' should have been genetically extremely similar to 'his' mother...

Of course, 'God' is a literary device used to 'magically correct everything "wrong" in the story'... so i suppose they rationalize it like that?

God is a macguffin Smile

"Sometimes, the specific nature of the MacGuffin is not important to the plot such that anything that serves as a motivation serves its purpose. The MacGuffin can sometimes be ambiguous, completely undefined, generic or left open to interpretation."

Sounds like the whole fucking book right?
No, I was not aware that Jesus was a virgin. But here I thought he had sex with Mary Magdalene.

I agree with you saerules, if jesus was born from a virgin mother, jesus would not have no Y gene present in his development.
Freedom is the ability to march to the beat of a different drummer without fear of retribution. Secularone

Ignorance is bliss but understanding is wonderful. Atheist forums.org
(December 10, 2009 at 3:23 pm)Amphora Wrote: No, I was not aware that Jesus was a virgin. But here I thought he had sex with Mary Magdalene.

I agree with you saerules, if jesus was born from a virgin mother, jesus would not have no Y gene present in his development.

I was under that impression too, damn you Jesus Christ - Superstar!
(December 10, 2009 at 2:41 pm)Saerules Wrote: Of course, 'God' is a literary device used to 'magically correct everything "wrong" in the story'... so i suppose they rationalize it like that?

They will dance and jump around those points. Since they can just say god made it that way. Tongue
Excuses after excuses with them. Not to mention endless evasions.Big Grin
Their beliefs lose so much credibility that a child could see the stupidity in it.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence - Carl Sagan

Mankind's intelligence walks hand in hand with it's stupidity.

Being an atheist says nothing about your overall intelligence, it just means you don't believe in god. Atheists can be as bright as any scientist and as stupid as any creationist.

You never really know just how stupid someone is, until you've argued with them.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Matt 1:25, not a virgin Fake Messiah 8 595 October 13, 2023 at 11:49 pm
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Would they worship a chair? Fake Messiah 20 1468 April 26, 2021 at 3:40 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  The ethics of worship Nihilist Virus 42 5154 October 11, 2020 at 12:15 am
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  Christians worship Satan and don't even know it rado84 18 1774 April 15, 2019 at 8:29 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Christians vs Christians (yec) Fake Messiah 52 7807 January 31, 2019 at 2:08 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Well, shit... Now who are supposed to worship? Cyberman 20 4530 July 5, 2017 at 8:23 pm
Last Post: ignoramus
  Praise GOD !!!! A Jesus your Vorlon would worship !!!!!! vorlon13 7 1338 April 22, 2017 at 2:02 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  Virgin Births happen all the time?! Jehanne 11 2724 December 20, 2016 at 5:32 am
Last Post: Angrboda
  Mary is not a virgin by the Bible accounts Fake Messiah 26 3787 September 30, 2016 at 6:11 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Do Christians worship a suicide victim? madog 101 11353 July 10, 2016 at 1:38 pm
Last Post: Merzer