Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 18, 2024, 11:56 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What Should you say when an Athiest sneezes?
What Should you say when an Athiest sneezes?
Answer at 5:15 in the video. Came across this clip somehow. Never heard of this man before, but it really concerns me how big of an audience he has. I also doubt that he really did have the exchange he claims to have had with an 'Atheist'.

https://youtu.be/bkbvm9BVd8o?t=5m12s

RE: What Should you say when an Athiest sneezes?
What to say when an atheist sneezes? F-ing NOTHING. I had an involuntary expression of a bodily function - I did not save orphans from a fire. There's absolutely no need for comment. Unless you're also prepared to cry "Halleluyah" when I cough, "Praise Jesus!" when I yawn, or sing "God Save The Queen" when I fart...

Also - f*** Dane Cook, seriously. He's more of a hack, than Larry The Cable Guy...
"The fact that a believer is happier than a skeptic is no more to the point than the fact that a drunken man is happier than a sober one." - George Bernard Shaw
"Cover your face!"
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
*Pfuhh* "That was your change."

We say bless you sometimes. It's an odd quirky thing. It can be kind of sweet.

Yeah, I highly doubt it actually happened like he said. And whoops, atheists don't necessarily believe when you die nothing happens. If you're gonna get pretend atheists in your jokes, at least do your research.
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
"Let it all out."
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
Easy. George bless you.
Buttsex galore
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

(May 17, 2015 at 6:38 am)robvalue Wrote: *Pfuhh* "That was your change."

We say bless you sometimes. It's an odd quirky thing. It can be kind of sweet.

Yeah, I highly doubt it actually happened like he said. And whoops, atheists don't necessarily believe when you die nothing happens. If you're gonna get pretend atheists in your jokes, at least do your research.

Yeah I never go that. People leave me to sneeze in piece. And isn't a common misconception that Atheists can't believe in the 'supernatural'? I once knew a person who said they were Atheist and believe in magic. That's fine though because the only think that links Atheists to each other is a lack of belief in deities.

Proof that American Christians will buy anything market to them.

I stopped watching when he said the man in front of him answered,"god bless you" by proclaiming that he was an atheist. It never happened. People automatically say certain phrases without much thought. In the case of the phrase said after a sneeze, it is meant politely and has probably been said by a few atheists too.

Dan Cooke is playing to stereotypes that Christians have about arrogant atheists. This is how he makes money and he knows his audience. The addition of cursing probably make his audience feel edgy. What I want to know is why he doesn't brush his hair.
Yeah, I would no more acknowledge the existence of "God" by saying bless you than I do the existence of Thor every time I say "Thursday". That we tend to say anything at all is a cultural and linguistic hangover, the meaning of which has dissipated over time.

Another example: were I to exclaim "well, bugger me!" in response to surprising news, it may not be an invitation to penetrate me anally. Please ask first.
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Worst things to say as a toast at a wedding. Brian37 4 444 March 8, 2021 at 6:52 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  Things not to say on a job interview. Brian37 42 1853 March 7, 2021 at 10:29 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Things you don't want to hear your pilot say. Brian37 74 2486 March 2, 2021 at 8:18 am
  Things not to say when being arrested The Valkyrie 44 1587 February 16, 2021 at 9:22 am
Last Post: polymath257
  Things you can say to a drunk person or a toddler Losty 23 1508 July 2, 2020 at 1:55 pm
Last Post: A. Secular Human
  Things Your Pets Say To You BrianSoddingBoru4 13 1994 July 2, 2020 at 6:10 am
  Things you say to your pets BrokenQuill92 26 1264 July 1, 2020 at 12:06 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  Worst thing to say if you as a Christian Fake Messiah 4 544 October 15, 2018 at 3:51 am
Last Post: Foxaèr
  Tell us why the person above you should be illegal. Gawdzilla Sama 22 2012 July 13, 2018 at 11:22 am
  Why You Should Never Put Christmas Lights On Palm Trees BrianSoddingBoru4 15 2328 January 1, 2018 at 11:01 pm
Last Post: Catholic_Lady