Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 4:33 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Muhammad Ali dead
Muhammad Ali dead
http://www.nbcnews.com/news/sports/muham...293e83dbc2
"For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." - Carl Sagan
RE: Muhammad Ali dead
No one can live forever.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
Sad, but he fucking kicked Parkinson's ass for 30 years. 74 is a long life for a boxer.

RIP Ali.
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
Aw damn
I can't remember where this verse is from, I think it got removed from canon:

"I don't hang around with mostly men because I'm gay. It's because men are better than women. Better trained, better equipped...better. Just better! I'm not gay."

For context, this is the previous verse:

"Hi Jesus" -robvalue
I don't think I ever missed one of his fights.  Even saw him live at Yankee Stadium against Ken Norton. 

RIP, champ.
Bummer. RIP.
How will we know, when the morning comes, we are still human? - 2D

Don't worry, my friend.  If this be the end, then so shall it be.
My favorite heavyweight of all time. The Greatest ... just like Pa Thump used to say, it ain't bragging if you can do it.

I can see it now - sooner or later, the haters will crawl out of the woodwork claim that Ali wasn't all that great, etc. Pity. He was a damned fine boxer.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
I never was a boxing fan, but I remember that night in 1971 when my father and I got up at 3 in the morning to watch the fight between Clay and Frazier. Timezones are a bitch, and I had to go to school that day.
[Image: Bumper+Sticker+-+Asheville+-+Praise+Dog3.JPG]
He seemed like a decent guy, ignoring for the moment that he beat the snot out of people for money.

He was a truly amazing boxer.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Brave new Dump world for Muhammad Ali's son abaris 6 1409 February 26, 2017 at 2:12 pm
Last Post: Autumnlicious
  Muhammad Ali was no ‘draft dodger’ Minimalist 11 1476 June 13, 2016 at 4:09 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  Muhammad Ali was no ‘draft dodger’ — but these five famous political figures were Minimalist 0 621 June 6, 2016 at 7:37 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Antitheist Ex-Marine To Hold Draw Muhammad Rally in AZ Friday Secular Elf 47 9135 June 5, 2015 at 12:32 am
Last Post: CapnAwesome
  Yale's Muslims offended by Ali visit. Brian37 13 2842 September 15, 2014 at 3:04 pm
Last Post: Minimalist