Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 23, 2024, 1:31 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MPs vote to renew Trident weapons system
MPs vote to renew Trident weapons system
Fuck yeah!

Clap

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-36830923

Quote:The House of Commons has backed the renewal of the UK's Trident nuclear weapons system by 472 votes to 117.

The MPs' vote approves the manufacture of four replacement submarines at a current estimated cost of £31bn.

Defence Secretary Michael Fallon told MPs nuclear threats were growing around the world and Trident "puts doubts in the minds of our adversaries".

Labour was split over the issue with 140 of its 230 MPs going against leader Jeremy Corbyn and backing the motion.

A total of 47 Labour members voted against renewal, while others abstained.
RE: MPs vote to renew Trident weapons system
Quote:While acknowledging Trident was a "serious investment", Mr Fallon rejected claims it was a Cold War relic and could be increasingly vulnerable to cyber attacks.

The UK, he insisted, was committed to multilateral nuclear disarmament and would reduce its stockpile of nuclear warheads to 180 by the mid-2020s.

Don't agree with this though. We need a lot more -- not less.
How come I'm not surprised that you are pro-trident ...
I don't know very much about the specifics.

But my uninformed opinion is to scrap our nuclear weapons.
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
I can accept that unilaterally scrapping all nukes could potentially be a bad idea, even if a world without nuclear weapons would be desirable. Is there something about the Tridents that is especially contentious?
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

(July 19, 2016 at 5:25 am)Alex K Wrote: I  can accept that unilaterally scrapping all nukes could potentially be a bad idea, even if a world without nuclear weapons would be desirable. Is there something about the Tridents that is especially contentious?

Only that the leader of the opposition opposes it, even though his party's official line is to support trident, other than that, not really.
You may refer to me as "Oh High One."
(July 19, 2016 at 5:21 am)Mathilda Wrote: How come I'm not surprised that you are pro-trident ...

It doesn't exactly surprise me that you're anti-Trident either.
(July 19, 2016 at 5:25 am)Alex K Wrote: I  can accept that unilaterally scrapping all nukes could potentially be a bad idea, even if a world without nuclear weapons would be desirable. Is there something about the Tridents that is especially contentious?

It costs a fuck ton of money to keep it.

I don't think us having nukes is necessary, desirable or moral, from what (little) I know about it.
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
(July 19, 2016 at 5:22 am)robvalue Wrote: I don't know very much about the specifics.

But my uninformed opinion is to scrap our nuclear weapons.

And potentially put our country in danger? No thanks.
Too late for that Bella... You're practically a muslim state now!

Shut those fucking gates I tell ya!
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Weapons in hotel, Denver brewer 38 1948 July 13, 2021 at 12:29 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Impeachment Vote Predictions onlinebiker 28 2212 February 9, 2020 at 1:32 pm
Last Post: downbeatplumb
  New Zealand Bans Assault Weapons chimp3 61 5806 March 28, 2019 at 8:05 am
Last Post: onlinebiker
  This Is What Happens When You Put An Idiot In Charge of a Complex System Minimalist 132 12126 December 6, 2018 at 12:24 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Social Credit System Seraphina 15 937 October 11, 2018 at 5:33 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  69 Repulbicunt Scumbags Vote "No" Minimalist 9 1051 October 13, 2017 at 12:04 am
Last Post: Minimalist
  North Korea Now Making Missile Ready Nuclear Weapons A Theist 199 49551 August 15, 2017 at 5:34 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  US health care system rated the worst Foxaèr 0 770 July 15, 2017 at 8:12 am
Last Post: Foxaèr
  North Carolina Republicans vote to cut funding from School Districts that voted Dem. Cecelia 9 2501 May 15, 2017 at 2:40 am
Last Post: Aroura
  Vote Rigging Discovered In Canadian Tory Leadership Race Amarok 0 503 March 17, 2017 at 7:07 pm
Last Post: Amarok