Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 16, 2024, 4:47 pm

Poll: .
This poll is closed.
Yes, replace Christianity with Islam
5.71%
2 5.71%
No, do not replace Christianity with Islam
94.29%
33 94.29%
Total 35 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Replacing Christianity with Islam
Replacing Christianity with Islam
This question was raised in another thread so I figured I'd start a poll so there wouldn't be any assumptions. This question is for atheists only.  

If you could, would you replace all of Christianity with Islam right now? 
"Of course, everyone will claim they respect someone who tries to speak the truth, but in reality, this is a rare quality. Most respect those who speak truths they agree with, and their respect for the speaking only extends as far as their realm of personal agreement. It is less common, almost to the point of becoming a saintly virtue, that someone truly respects and loves the truth seeker, even when their conclusions differ wildly." 

-walsh
RE: Replacing Christianity with Islam
A pox on both their houses !!
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

That kind of a stupid question...but whatevs...
(August 19, 2017 at 11:14 am)pocaracas Wrote: That kind of a stupid question...but whatevs...

Yeah, I thought so too. But someone who I'm pretty sure is a troll was arguing about it so I figured I'd lay it to rest.
"Of course, everyone will claim they respect someone who tries to speak the truth, but in reality, this is a rare quality. Most respect those who speak truths they agree with, and their respect for the speaking only extends as far as their realm of personal agreement. It is less common, almost to the point of becoming a saintly virtue, that someone truly respects and loves the truth seeker, even when their conclusions differ wildly." 

-walsh
(August 19, 2017 at 11:19 am)Catholic_Lady Wrote:
(August 19, 2017 at 11:14 am)pocaracas Wrote: That kind of a stupid question...but whatevs...

Yeah, I thought so too. But someone who I'm pretty sure is a troll was arguing about it so I figured I'd lay it to rest.

In Portuguese we have a saying rougly translated to, if you stick your right index finger and then the left on up your bum and smell it, would it smell differently?

Not sure if he is a troll or a real dumbass evangelical. We need a none of the above poll option.
(August 19, 2017 at 11:08 am)Catholic_Lady Wrote: This question was raised in another thread so I figured I'd start a poll so there wouldn't be any assumptions. This question is for atheists only.  

If you could, would you replace all of Christianity with Islam right now? 

You have been on this board how long? You should know better.

NEITHER. 

Western pluralism does not involve government choosing one religion over another.

Jefferson and Paine were wise enough to understand how different religious sects would compete for power. The colonies prior to the founding were far more theocratic and divided. You can look to Sunnis and Shiites in today's middle east to know what religion can do to political diplomacy.

I seriously don't understand where this came from. Just because we criticize and blaspheme Christianity does not mean atheists favor replacing it with Islam. If you have ever read our responses to Atlass33 our resident Muslim you would know that we treat every religion the same.

I value human rights, not religious pecking orders sanctioned by government favoring 1 religion over another.

Neither Christianity or Islam own a patent on morality, and both the Koran and bible, have BOTH been used by liberals in their ranks to justify compassion, but those same books have been used by right wing violent people in both religions to justify cruelty to others. 

So no, I want common law, not a Christian or Muslim theocracy.
(August 19, 2017 at 11:19 am)Catholic_Lady Wrote:

Islam is pretty much Christianity from the dark ages, they are both stupid and dangerous.
Quote:To know yet to think that one does not know is best; Not to know yet to think that one knows will lead to difficulty.
- Lau Tzu

Join me on atheistforums Slack Cool Shades (pester tibs via pm if you need invite) Tongue

(August 19, 2017 at 12:39 pm)Aoi Magi Wrote:
(August 19, 2017 at 11:19 am)Catholic_Lady Wrote: Yeah, I thought so too. But someone who I'm pretty sure is a troll was arguing about it so I figured I'd lay it to rest.

Islam is pretty much Christianity from the dark ages, they are both stupid and dangerous.

I agree, but again, since we live on a planet of billions of both Christians and Muslims it would be a bit unrealistic to claim you could rid the world of it. The best you can do is foster scrutiny of religion, and keep a leash on it and foster critical thinking skills.

But yea, all three of the religions of Abraham, Jewish, Christianity and Islam all stem from the same tribal God. And all of those religions started in an age of rival kingships. 

Religion, and  not just those three, but religions in human history are really nothing but artificial reflections of our real evolutionary social grouping in seeking social order. 

Religion wont go away but it must be seen more as a horrible way of conducting political diplomacy. The founders knew religion, even under the same umbrella labels, would compete between the different sects for political power. That is why they came up with concepts of neutrality in the First Amendment and the oath of office.

Or as Jefferson put it, "a wall between Church and state."
I'll vote no, only because I don't know much about Islam.
"For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." - Carl Sagan
Do we get to pick which version of christianity? For some versions (Christian Identity or West Burrow Baptist for example) it would be a difficult choice. 

Do we get to pick which version of of Islam? Same reasoning.

With all of the different forms on both sides, one is not necessarily better than the other.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  One cool thing about Christianity and Islam Edge92 55 3352 June 4, 2021 at 9:31 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  My take on Christianity - Judaism - Islam Mystic 32 6570 November 14, 2018 at 1:08 pm
Last Post: Reltzik
  ISIS is to Islam as the KKK is to Christianity Foxaèr 94 15566 September 25, 2018 at 1:57 pm
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Why is Christianity and Islam so widely practiced? NuclearEnergy 12 2417 November 20, 2017 at 12:32 pm
Last Post: Whateverist
  Why doesn't hell in Islam and Christianity have Cold as torture? Spixri 33 9206 April 7, 2017 at 10:05 am
Last Post: WinterHold
  17 y/o YouTuber faces years in jail for insulting Islam and Christianity wolf39us 38 7842 June 2, 2016 at 1:55 am
Last Post: Aractus
  God in Christianity and Islam parakletos 24 6576 November 12, 2014 at 3:19 pm
Last Post: parakletos
  Islam vs. Christianity CleanShavenJesus 2 1459 August 10, 2013 at 12:17 am
Last Post: genkaus
  What is the difference between Islam and Christianity? max-greece 29 6837 June 8, 2013 at 10:52 pm
Last Post: Dragonetti
  Christianity and Islam, religions of peace or war. JohnDG 16 10609 September 16, 2012 at 10:54 pm
Last Post: System of Solace