Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 18, 2024, 4:35 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
When someone knocks on your front door when you're not expecting anyone.
When someone knocks on your front door when you're not expecting anyone.
Am I the only one who feels super fucking nervous when someone knocks on your door and no one is invited and you really don't wanna answer?

I don't feel too nervous the first time. But if they knock more than once I feel really anxious and I wish they wouldn't do it.

If it's repeated several times that really distresses me. I wish people would fuck off. It's probably fucking carol singers or some shit. But uninvited is uninvited for a reason, and I've never answered the other two years I lived here. And after I don't answer the first time surely they should take a fucking hint?

If there's a second knock I end up playing loud music in my headphones. Fuck off random person whoever you are. If it was important I'd get a letter or at least left a note afterwards.

If it's uninvited AND important, then leave a fucking note you dipshits.

Grrr. In case you can't tell. It just happened. It's so upsetting. They knocked twice so far. I think they've fucked off. Thank fuck. Loud music is in my headphones now. Uggh. It's really shaken me up. I hate being disturbed when I'm meant to be A-FUCKING-LONE. Privacy is privacy! PERSONAL SPACE omggggg. Really bothers me. I hate the way normal people are. I don't go knocking on other people's addresses uninvited at 7.30 fucking PM at night when it's gone dark. Fuck off randomers.
RE: When someone knocks on your front door when you're not expecting anyone.
People who call unexpectedly at the front door are looked at through the peep hole lens. If they stand where they know I can't see them, I for certain do not answer the door. If they stand in view, I might open the door. It just depends. People who turn up unexpectedly at the back door are going to be in deep shit, as they would have to pass through two gates to get there, which is obviously trespassing. I'm not nervous, I just can't be bothered by people soliciting for solar or their particular brand of Jésus Cristobal.
If you get to thinking you’re a person of some influence, try ordering somebody else’s dog around.
It's okay guys I've calmed down now. But yeah. I fucking hate it. And standing by my door when an uninvited stranger is on the other side would make me even more nervous.

I stay upstairs.

Strangers are fine if they're in public. Being alone with a random stranger after opening the door to their unwelcome face would be... just.... *shudders*. Even standing on the other side would be . . . . *shudders*

Fuck 'em.
I don’t like it when people come unexpectedly to my home, but I usually answer anyway. There was a time when I refused to ever answer unless I was expecting someone but my anxiety is a lot better controlled these days. I gave a neighbor a coffee filter the other day. I felt like a hero. Imagine a morning without coffee I’d be desperate enough to knock at a strangers house too lol
(August 21, 2017 at 11:31 pm)KevinM1 Wrote: "I'm not a troll"
Religious Views: He gay

0/10

Hammy Wrote:and we also have a sheep on our bed underneath as well
I have windows that give me an unobstructed view of both the front and back doors from both the first and second floors of the house. There's also an enclosed porch at the front of the house, with a locked door between the front steps and the main entrance.

That said, any unexpected knock or doorbell does make me jump.
(December 12, 2017 at 4:09 pm)Losty Wrote: I don’t like it when people come unexpectedly to my home, but I usually answer anyway. There was a time when I refused to ever answer unless I was expecting someone but my anxiety is a lot better controlled these days. I gave a neighbor a coffee filter the other day. I felt like a hero. Imagine a morning without coffee I’d be desperate enough to knock at a strangers house too lol

Aww. I'm glad your anxiety is better now Smile

Yeah I'd like to be like that someday too Smile

I am aware the problem is with me lol. I was just venting. Probably just some kids wanting to sing and they thought I didn't hear the first time lol.
Living in the country, not many people knock on my door. Those that do are either package delivery people or Jehova's Witnesses. Anyone else is treated like a potential threat until their motives can be discerned. There's too many tweakers and petty criminals in the area for my liking, and I don't put up with that kind of shit.

Along those lines, nothing annoys me more than someone I know deciding to just drop by out of the blue. People who actually know me know not to do it, but it still happened from time to time. I find it to be incredibly selfish behavior. "Oh, I'm in the area and wanted to say 'hi', but in actuality I'm demanding you drop what you're doing to entertain me. Because I value my time more than yours, and feel that my mere presence warrants your undivided attention regardless of what you were doing or in the middle of."

I mean, if someone wants to meet up and hang out, cool. Let's do it. But don't just think I'm going to drop what I'm doing (even if it's something dumb) simply because you show up unannounced.
It's almost always some asshole selling something that I am not interested in.  If I was interested in it I would already have it.  So for the most part I don't even bother going to the door because a-I'm probably not interested in whatever the fuck it is, b- By the time I get all the way to the front door most of the time they are gone, and c- the dogs are usually carrying on like a pack of rottweilers which if anyone had bad intentions would be enough to convince them to go elsewhere in the first place.
It's like those people in the streets with clipboards who come up asking if I can afford to give some money to a homeless people shelter "No, sorry guys, you guys are doing great work but unfortunately I need the money to stop myself becoming one of those homeless people you are trying to help."

I'm well aware of the problem with homelessness, and if I could afford it I'd already be giving donation money to it. I don't need someone with a clipboard coming up to make me aware of a very real problem I'm already well aware of.
Ya know you can say "who is it", "what do you want" and "go away" without opening the door.

I'd rather have them know I'm home than risk a home invasion robbery break in. Most wouldn't attempt that with the dogs going off anyway.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Do you hold the door for people? Fake Messiah 26 1774 January 16, 2023 at 7:27 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Front or back, booking a passenger jet. Brian37 18 1058 June 4, 2021 at 10:53 am
Last Post: onlinebiker
  When someone says something really stupid. Cod 8 1544 July 28, 2019 at 7:35 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  If you could have a conversation with anyone.. Cod 42 4857 July 21, 2019 at 12:33 am
Last Post: Abaddon_ire
  A day with someone from AF Cod 76 7041 April 27, 2019 at 8:35 pm
Last Post: Shell B
Music The best advice someone gave you. onlinebiker 65 6117 April 14, 2019 at 8:33 pm
Last Post: chimp3
  The WORST Advice Someone Ever Gave You BrianSoddingBoru4 11 1057 April 14, 2019 at 2:12 pm
Last Post: Fireball
  Can Someone Explain This To Me? Jade-Green Stone 16 1484 November 28, 2018 at 9:23 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  You can clone someone... The Valkyrie 34 3966 April 5, 2018 at 10:40 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Can someone explain the Holocaust? Europa! 6 1352 September 15, 2017 at 12:04 pm
Last Post: Minimalist