Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: July 4, 2020, 1:31 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Damned atheists
RE: Damned atheists
(March 15, 2019 at 9:07 am)Mister Agenda Wrote:
(March 14, 2019 at 10:38 am)Catharsis Wrote: Love your neighbour.

The parable of the Good Samaritan is the most ethically wise lesson in the NT, IMHO.

Really? How do you feel about antisemitism? I have never read the NT, but I know that the good samaritan is regarded as the most antisemitic trope in it. The Samaritans and Jews had an adversarial history. The point of the story is to disparage Jews as cruel uncaring people. It's a violation of Jewish law to leave a man to die by the side of the road. We are required to help him. The story of the good samitan is antisemitic slander. Not only are the Jews depicted as being cruel and uncaring, but it is a traditional adversary of the Jewish people who is depicted as the righteous guy.

A guy was hurt and dying by the side of the road. Jews went by and pretended to not see him. Then David Duke saw the man and helped him when those nasty Jewish people wouldn't. That's how the story of the good samaritan sounds.
We do not inherit the world from our parents. We borrow it from our children.
Reply
RE: Damned atheists
(March 15, 2019 at 4:38 pm)Mister Agenda Wrote:
(March 15, 2019 at 9:20 am)Jörmungandr Wrote: We need Jesus to enlighten us about the morality of shitting on people who are different than us?

Is that supposed to follow from the opinion I stated?

Yes.
[Image: ak_botan_saionji_005.jpg]
Reply
RE: Damned atheists
(March 16, 2019 at 8:53 am)Yonadav Wrote:
(March 15, 2019 at 9:07 am)Mister Agenda Wrote: The parable of the Good Samaritan is the most ethically wise lesson in the NT, IMHO.

Really? How do you feel about antisemitism? I have never read the NT, but I know that the good samaritan is regarded as the most antisemitic trope in it. The Samaritans and Jews had an adversarial history. The point of the story is to disparage Jews as cruel uncaring people. It's a violation of Jewish law to leave a man to die by the side of the road. We are required to help him. The story of the good samitan is antisemitic slander. Not only are the Jews depicted as being cruel and uncaring, but it is a traditional adversary of the Jewish people who is depicted as the righteous guy.

A guy was hurt and dying by the side of the road. Jews went by and pretended to not see him. Then David Duke saw the man and helped him when those nasty Jewish people wouldn't. That's how the story of the good samaritan sounds.






You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.




 








Reply
RE: Damned atheists
(March 17, 2019 at 9:13 am)downbeatplumb Wrote:
(March 16, 2019 at 8:53 am)Yonadav Wrote: Really? How do you feel about antisemitism? I have never read the NT, but I know that the good samaritan is regarded as the most antisemitic trope in it. The Samaritans and Jews had an adversarial history. The point of the story is to disparage Jews as cruel uncaring people. It's a violation of Jewish law to leave a man to die by the side of the road. We are required to help him. The story of the good samitan is antisemitic slander. Not only are the Jews depicted as being cruel and uncaring, but it is a traditional adversary of the Jewish people who is depicted as the righteous guy.

A guy was hurt and dying by the side of the road. Jews went by and pretended to not see him. Then David Duke saw the man and helped him when those nasty Jewish people wouldn't. That's how the story of the good samaritan sounds.




 That's intellectually dishonest. The Samaritan isn't referred to as a 'good' Samaritan in the story. He is just called a Samaritan. Also, the Judean priest and the Judean Levite of the story are not called the 'bad' Jews. The story is referred to as 'the parable of the good Samaritan' because calling it the 'parable of the bad Jews' would be a bit too blatant. 

I enjoyed the comedy of the video, but it's not a valid response to the blatant antisemitism of the good samaritan story.
We do not inherit the world from our parents. We borrow it from our children.
Reply
RE: Damned atheists
(March 15, 2019 at 4:38 pm)Mister Agenda Wrote: That's the meaning I got from reading the passage in the KJV and Living Bible, without being told how to interpret it. I could be reading it wrong, but out of all the things in the Bible that shook my faith, this wasn't one of them.

It's interesting how that plays out, really...most of the nastiest shit in new magic book is hiding in plain sight.  It's not surprising that you wouldn't see that when you read it or come to such an interpretation on your own.  You lack the necessary cultural knowledge that the people of the time an place possessed and, on top of that, aren't a garbage human being.

Imagine trying to explain a pepe meme composed of puns in type 3 southern shift to someone 1.7k years into the future. A future in which pepe has become a beloved childrens show mascot, lol.
For what it's worth, it seems like I'm too late to bring up this point about his OP: Whether or not it's possible if something can come from nothing, it's clear that God, if he exists, definitely violates that principle: After all, what is the creation of the world but his creating something out of nothing?


-Rev Rye.

Reply
RE: Damned atheists
(March 17, 2019 at 9:09 am)Jörmungandr Wrote:
(March 15, 2019 at 4:38 pm)Mister Agenda Wrote: Is that supposed to follow from the opinion I stated?

Yes.

Good news: It doesn't.
I'm not anti-Christian. I'm anti-stupid.
Reply
RE: Damned atheists
IDK, it seems like an obvious question even before one realizes that the most ethically wise lesson in new magic book was actually that jews sucked...which probably makes it even more relevant to any discussion of the ethical value of the stories in new magic book.

What is the ethical value of the story if we have to reimagine it as another story? Who's providing the ethics?
For what it's worth, it seems like I'm too late to bring up this point about his OP: Whether or not it's possible if something can come from nothing, it's clear that God, if he exists, definitely violates that principle: After all, what is the creation of the world but his creating something out of nothing?


-Rev Rye.

Reply
RE: Damned atheists
Oh, fox news had an article that seems like a proclamation of war toward atheists. Here are some parts

Quote:Fuhrer was a rabid atheist

Oh well for an atheist he surely spent a lot of time in churches and with priests and awarding Catholic church with money. But even if he wasn't a Christian it was the Christians who kept him in power because they loved him and his principles.

Quote:And it makes perfect sense, doesn’t it? Atheists don’t believe in God, so they don’t believe in any transcendent, objective moral law. Nor do they believe that human beings are made in the image of God, and so they don’t believe humans possess infinite value and dignity.

And yet when his beloved orange Fuhrer calls Mexican children animals and says how white supremacists & nazis are fine people this guy and fox news have an orgasm of approval.

Quote:One has only to look at the growing numbers of abortions

Actually in secular countries where contraception is available abortions are lower.

Quote:and infanticide, to see the atheist-death connection.

Lol this is just stupid.

Quote:So yes, the modern breed of atheist is arrogant, ignorant and dangerous. Too many books written in response to these pseudo-intellectual hatemongers have been altogether too nice. Too many Christian authors have tried to be kind and amiable in an effort to demonstrate that believers don’t have to sink into the mud in order to defend the faith. That tact is very charitable, but unfortunately, it just doesn’t work with bullies.
https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/todays-a...to-silence

You hear that? Christians feel bullied by jokes, logic and facts.
Reply
RE: Damned atheists
https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/201...epression/

Quote:We know that roughly a million or more people have been subjected to a vast system of detention or “reeducation” camps, where they are cajoled to “Sinicize” and abandon their native Islamic traditions.

Many atheist states were infamous for their brutal oppression of religious minorities.

Reply
RE: Damned atheists
(December 28, 2019 at 4:47 am)AtlasS33 Wrote: https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/201...epression/

Quote:We know that roughly a million or more people have been subjected to a vast system of detention or “reeducation” camps, where they are cajoled to “Sinicize” and abandon their native Islamic traditions.

Many atheist states were infamous for their brutal oppression of religious minorities.
biNo such thing.An Atheist state is as nonsensical as Abigfootest state

Quote:Fuhrer was a rabid atheist
Hitlers views on religion are complex and contradictory.Doesn't matter anyway if the Nazi's weren't lead by Hitler i would have been someone else .And in all likelihood a Christian.    


Quote:And it makes perfect sense, doesn’t it? Atheists don’t believe in God, so they don’t believe in any transcendent, objective moral law. Nor do they believe that human beings are made in the image of God, and so they don’t believe humans possess infinite value and dignity.
A vast list of fallacies 


Quote:One has only to look at the growing numbers of abortions
So it's dignified to force women to remain pregnant against their will ?Or is it dignified to control women's sex lives ? And what does this have to do with Atheism ?


Quote:and infanticide, to see the atheist-death connection.
Lol nope


Quote:So yes, the modern breed of atheist is arrogant, ignorant and dangerous. Too many books written in response to these pseudo-intellectual hatemongers have been altogether too nice. Too many Christian authors have tried to be kind and amiable in an effort to demonstrate that believers don’t have to sink into the mud in order to defend the faith. That tact is very charitable, but unfortunately, it just doesn’t work with bullies.
The irony here is hilarious

(April 8, 2019 at 4:25 pm)Fake Messiah Wrote: Oh, fox news had an article that seems like a proclamation of war toward atheists. Here are some parts

Quote:Fuhrer was a rabid atheist

Oh well for an atheist he surely spent a lot of time in churches and with priests and awarding Catholic church with money. But even if he wasn't a Christian it was the Christians who kept him in power because they loved him and his principles.

Quote:And it makes perfect sense, doesn’t it? Atheists don’t believe in God, so they don’t believe in any transcendent, objective moral law. Nor do they believe that human beings are made in the image of God, and so they don’t believe humans possess infinite value and dignity.

And yet when his beloved orange Fuhrer calls Mexican children animals and says how white supremacists & nazis are fine people this guy and fox news have an orgasm of approval.

Quote:One has only to look at the growing numbers of abortions

Actually in secular countries where contraception is available abortions are lower.

Quote:and infanticide, to see the atheist-death connection.

Lol this is just stupid.

Quote:So yes, the modern breed of atheist is arrogant, ignorant and dangerous. Too many books written in response to these pseudo-intellectual hatemongers have been altogether too nice. Too many Christian authors have tried to be kind and amiable in an effort to demonstrate that believers don’t have to sink into the mud in order to defend the faith. That tact is very charitable, but unfortunately, it just doesn’t work with bullies.
https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/todays-a...to-silence

You hear that? Christians feel bullied by jokes, logic and facts.
Whenever i hear christians whine their oppressed 

[Image: christian-persecution-complex-the-act-of...581159.png]


[Image: christian_oppression_pie.png]
“The sun from far gives life. But get close to it and it burns anything down to ashes”
Reply



Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Damned Muslims Minimalist 548 76407 July 2, 2020 at 12:08 pm
Last Post: Abaddon_ire
  Damned Catholics Minimalist 1614 204028 July 1, 2020 at 11:32 pm
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Damned Hindus Minimalist 64 12942 June 21, 2020 at 12:55 pm
Last Post: Nomad
  Damned Christians Eleven 467 36922 June 20, 2020 at 12:23 pm
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Damned Pervert Priests - and other assorted Holy Scumbags Minimalist 129 15004 June 4, 2020 at 6:42 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Damned Jews Minimalist 257 51256 April 8, 2020 at 5:29 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Damned Mormons Minimalist 197 29540 March 27, 2019 at 1:11 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Damned Protestants... Minimalist 1019 130010 October 3, 2018 at 5:18 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Damned Buddhists Minimalist 16 6188 August 2, 2018 at 4:28 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Damned Jehovah's Witnesses Minimalist 2 365 June 21, 2018 at 12:17 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger



Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)