Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 23, 2024, 4:43 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Deer meat
Deer meat
I’m not sure I understand why venison is so expensive. Deer at least in the Northeast and Midwest are more common than dirt. And we have an overpopulation problem, it’s to the point that they’re wandering through East freakin’ Cleveland. Can someone explain to me why we’re not eating these garden ruining fucks?
RE: Deer meat
(February 6, 2020 at 8:36 am)BrokenQuill92 Wrote: I’m not sure I understand why venison is so expensive. Deer at least in the Northeast and Midwest are more common than dirt. And we have an overpopulation problem, it’s to the point that they’re wandering through East freakin’ Cleveland. Can someone explain to me why we’re not eating these garden ruining fucks?
'Cause people pay it. Now if you want to save money make an agreement with a hunter, sub rosa if necessary. We're feeding deer to Mexican wolves, African painted dogs, Canis rufus, and South American maned wolves.
(February 6, 2020 at 8:36 am)BrokenQuill92 Wrote: I’m not sure I understand why venison is so expensive. Deer at least in the Northeast and Midwest are more common than dirt. And we have an overpopulation problem, it’s to the point that they’re wandering through East freakin’ Cleveland. Can someone explain to me why we’re not eating these garden ruining fucks?

Do what we do - farm raise them.  Venison here is no more expensive that a good cut of beef.

How are you feeling, btw?

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson

It's probably expensive because it is farm raised and has a small fringe commercial market. Like Ohio, deer are abundant here in Kentucky. (I scored a 12 point buck two years ago with my 98 Dodge Ram.) If you buy a deer license here you can bag 4-5 deer per license depending on the year. One buck per license. People love venison here and they fill their freezers with it. No need to purchase commercially. I believe Ohio has similar hunting laws.
God thinks it's fun to confuse primates. Larsen's God!

The PeterBilt is the natural enemy of deer in Missouri.
I'm getting to old and lazy to hunt them any more. But I do have a guy that likes the hunt and will deliver the deer if I pay for his hunting permit. And I kick in some extra for his time and effort. Then there is the $100 processing fee.

You can't buy venison retail in my state. (or any wild game meat)
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
Anybody tried bison?
(February 6, 2020 at 9:40 am)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote: The PeterBilt is the natural enemy of deer in Missouri.

But the AR15 in .450 Bushmaster is the best.....

I have over 150 lbs of meat in the freezer to prove it.

Big Grin
(February 6, 2020 at 9:14 am)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote:

Do what we do - farm raise them.  Venison here is no more expensive that a good cut of beef.

Boru
Feeling quite a bit better still stuffy but much better
We're overrun because there are fewer hunters and greater social opposition to hunting.  Meanwhile, it's illegal to sell uninspected wild game meat.   
(February 6, 2020 at 9:14 am)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: Do what we do - farm raise them.  Venison here is no more expensive that a good cut of beef.

Boru
Farmed venison has greatly contributed to the spread of chronic wasting disease in the united states, leading to a spatial fence requirement that's a huge barrier to getting into the business.  It's a niche industry here, and lenders see it as higher risk than beef or poultry (or swine).  Mostly, we breed deer for hunters...to the point that they couldn't support their own racks in the wild.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Dark meat vs. light meat Foxaèr 11 796 December 1, 2021 at 12:20 am
Last Post: BrokenQuill92
  Your favorite meat approximation? Gawdzilla Sama 31 1582 August 29, 2020 at 10:07 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Deer Stuff onlinebiker 27 2082 February 7, 2019 at 10:39 pm
Last Post: possibletarian
  Three meat versus four meat pizzas Czechlervitz30 29 2739 July 12, 2016 at 5:52 pm
Last Post: c172
  Meat eating ethical? Tea Earl Grey Hot 87 11645 June 26, 2014 at 9:54 pm
Last Post: bennyboy
Exclamation IKEA horse meat scandal: Czech authority detects horse meat in IKEA brand meat balls Nobody 12 3420 March 3, 2013 at 4:01 am
Last Post: Aractus
  Today I ate meat enough to fill me for a year kılıç_mehmet 18 8092 October 26, 2012 at 6:53 am
Last Post: kılıç_mehmet
  Keep Eating Your Delicious Meat HeyItsZeus 66 17122 May 28, 2011 at 10:40 am
Last Post: popeyespappy
  "Recomposed" Meat Thread HeyItsZeus 6 2306 May 1, 2011 at 12:32 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla
  edit title: Dammit I love meat!! Amphora 33 13170 March 1, 2010 at 4:42 pm
Last Post: Autumnlicious