Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 24, 2024, 9:53 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Whose facts are more out of whack Science OR the Bible?
My brother who is a pastor: We can’t talk about dinosaurs, or other ancient history on the other end of the scale, Richard Dawkins made a film called the God delusion in which I call the Religious delusion and an another film called the Enemies of Reason. He really created a serious cold war. Dawkins did state that 45% of American believes the world is only 10,000 years old. Given American math and science on ancient history lives more in Hollywood and bible land, these facts of delustion can be somewhat true.

Check this out

Creative evolution Creation Museum
Step into the prehistoric and biblical time of our world at the Creation Museum.
Made for 27 million dollars in Petersburg, Kentucky USA. The creation/evolution controversy is a debate about science, two views conflicting evolutionary humanism vs. biblical Christianity.

In the old English dictionaries, you won’t find the word for dinosaur, but you will find the word dragon. The word dinosaur was invented in the 1800s. Since the dawn of man the most primitive cave dwelling of 30.000 years ago, show no evidence of a dragon, yet there were fire breathing Dragon record in the bible. A massive flood once covered the earth some 4,400 years ago. The Bible, the universal book of truth and knowledge has no records of the 95% species missing before or after the time of the Ark. History of writing system began with small images used as words, 3200 BC recorded by a priest in the dynastic tablets. Egyptian believe the world was flat, like an island that sat on a body of water and the sky was a great canopy supported by a series of mountains the surrounded the area. Up to the 1500AD Columbus changes the views of most of people that the world is not flat. Most people internationally today, believe that man began 180,000 years ago. A bout half of Americans believes the World is less than 10,000 years old. The bible says the earth began over 6000 years ago. Scientist believes the jellyfish has lived for 650 million years old.

The Creative Museum is a Museum that presents origins of the Universe, Life, Mankind and man’s early history according to the book of Genesis. Earth and all of its life form were created 6015 years ago an over six-day period. The display shows dinosaurs like they were pets in your backyard. Young earth creationist claims, including the idea that human and dinosaurs coexisted, and the dinosaurs were in the Noah’s Ark along with the likes of T-Rex and all the other animal on the Ark were vegetarians until the boat returned back on land, then the carnivores drop their carrots and lettuce and return back to eating meat, how convenient.

RE: Whose facts are more out of whack Science OR the Bible?
This was rhetorical?
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
It's the new rhetoric. To understand it, you have to do something akin to unfocusing your eyes in order to see those 3D hidden pictures.
Trying to update my sig ...
That's a silly question isn't it?
Of course science's facts are more out of whack.
The bible aint got none.
[Image: YgZ8E.png]
(July 9, 2011 at 10:43 am)Rhythm Wrote: This was rhetorical?

I see myself in amoug the middle grounds of Atheist and Religion, why would I want to persuade either way, I just want to understand better for myself these questions...
(July 9, 2011 at 11:36 am)The Magic Pudding Wrote: That's a silly question isn't it?
Of course science's facts are more out of whack.
The bible aint got none.

The Bible has some truth and facts, for most of the people of this world have been mainly religious for 5000 years.
Yet, far from nothing but the truth and every word is fact, so help me God, in an extreme onesided way, I say this is way is out of whack.
Aight, lets put it this way.

If at any point the bible makes a statement counter to observed reality, it would be fairly safe to side with reality.

(replace "bible" in this statement with any religious text you feel the need to consider)

I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
Quote:The Bible has some truth and facts, for most of the people of this world have been mainly religious for 5000 years.

That's a non sequitur. People believe lots of stupid shit. Doesn't make it "factual."
But how could so many people be wrong?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harold_Camping

more generally

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mass_hysteria

(notice the amount of links)
(July 9, 2011 at 12:21 pm)Minimalist Wrote:
Quote:The Bible has some truth and facts, for most of the people of this world have been mainly religious for 5000 years.

That's a non sequitur. People believe lots of stupid shit. Doesn't make it "factual."

Indeed,argument ad populum, or 'argument by consensus" a basic logical fallacy beloved of theist apologists of all stripes.

There is not now nor has there ever been any kind of debate between the bible and science.

Science is evidence based and does not claim absolutes.

Religion is faith based, laying claim to many absolutes in the form of immutable dogma. The Torah is the mythology of an insignificant tribe of bronze age goat herders.The new Testament is unoriginal mythology of a man who may or may not have existed.

Looking to the bible for accurate scientific knowledge is like turning to say Ken Ham or Fred Phelps to explain quantum physics and molecular biology.Angel Cloud
Damnit Castle -

proofread your goddamn post before you actually hit the POST button!

I don't like having to decipher the intended grammar of anyone's post --- especially one as wordy as your latest OP.

christ! I'm issuing you yet another P.I.D.
[Image: Evolution.png]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Without citing the bible, what marks the bible as the one book with God's message? Whateverist 143 44088 March 31, 2022 at 7:05 am
Last Post: Gwaithmir
  What will win the god wars? Faith, Fantasy, Facts, or God? Greatest I am 98 6142 December 28, 2020 at 12:01 pm
Last Post: Greatest I am
  How does "Science prove that the miracles of the Bible did not happen" ? Emzap 62 11234 November 4, 2016 at 2:05 am
Last Post: dyresand
  "You, atheists take Bible quotes out of context" mcolafson 61 11387 October 4, 2016 at 3:12 pm
Last Post: CapnAwesome
  Proving The Resurrection By the Minimal Facts Approach Randy Carson 1298 177897 July 26, 2015 at 10:05 am
Last Post: Randy Carson
  Disproving The Resurrection By The Maximal Facts Approach BrianSoddingBoru4 160 24662 July 5, 2015 at 6:35 pm
Last Post: Jenny A
  More Good News....The Bullshitters Are Dying out Minimalist 36 5855 March 21, 2015 at 2:43 am
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  Illinois bible colleges: "We shouldn't have to follow state standards because bible!" Esquilax 34 7438 January 23, 2015 at 12:29 pm
Last Post: Spooky
  More Christian denominations than bible verses Dolorian 26 5717 November 6, 2014 at 8:05 am
Last Post: Drich
  Trust the Bible not Science Dolorian 34 7414 October 25, 2014 at 10:09 pm
Last Post: Neo-Scholastic