Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 29, 2024, 2:28 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lastest development in Smollett case
RE: Lastest development in Smollett case
The left seems pretty pissed.

Far be it from me to decide what the threshold for pissed enough is....and I'm not exactly a fan, but in mere reality, the left has these social issues pretty well nailed and the idea that the left isn't "pissed enough" isn't anything more or less than some rightwing piping to the rats.

If we, as a nation, lynched the fucker and took smiling father and son pictures..maybe they'd think the left was pissed enough? Probably not, but still.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
In case you think I'm exaggerating the potential consequences and setbacks that the Jussie Smollet case might cause, I present to you the case of Theodore Kaufman.

He wrote a little book called Germany Must Perish! The content was pretty much what you'd expect, explaining how the German race was so horrible it needed to be eliminated. He also had another work that said Americans needed to be sterilised before we could go through another war. It was self-published in 1941 in America just before they entered The War, and reception in his native land was best described as bemusement, at least when it wasn't ignored entirely.

In Germany, on the other hand, it was widely infamous, heavily publicised by Julius Streicher (who actually cited it as an excuse to explain his venomous tenure with Die Sturmer during the Nuremberg Trial), Goebbels cited it as an example of why anything they did to Americans and Jews was justifiable as self-preservation (and privately said "Had he written this book for us, he could not have made it any better."), it became widely taught as an example of "why we fight" in the classrooms and elsewhere, and even when they finally made the infamous "Yellow star" mandatory for all Jews in September 1941 (yes, it really took that long) they put out a flyer for the "Aryans" tying the people wearing them with Kaufman's ideas.

All this over a crank whose ideas, in a sane world, would be relegated to the ideological side shows of political thought (Rationalwiki, perhaps).

And just for the record, I meant that the Left might have more of a reason to be pissed off at Smollet than the Right. After all, he's played right into their hands.
Comparing the Universal Oneness of All Life to Yo Mama since 2010.

[Image: harmlesskitchen.png]

I was born with the gift of laughter and a sense the world is mad.
(March 12, 2019 at 11:24 am)Rev. Rye Wrote: In case you think I'm exaggerating the potential consequences and setbacks that the Jussie Smollet case might cause

That's been the broad sentiment of the american left.   For my own part, I think it's so obvious as to not need mentioning - again-...and prefer instead to say the quiet parts of rightwing ideology out loud*.

Noting the obvious doesn't actually work, the nutballs can walk all over it. It's their entire brand, and their brand does work.

(*Somebody has to, and I'd wager that most decent people™ aren't as comfortable being that person and using those words as I am. Makin lemonade..makin lemonade, lol.)
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(March 12, 2019 at 11:24 am)Rev. Rye Wrote: In case you think I'm exaggerating the potential consequences and setbacks that the Jussie Smollet case might cause, I present to you the case of Theodore Kaufman.

He wrote a little book called Germany Must Perish! The content was pretty much what you'd expect, explaining how the German race was so horrible it needed to be eliminated. He also had another work that said Americans needed to be sterilised before we could go through another war. It was self-published in 1941 in America just before they entered The War, and reception in his native land was best described as bemusement, at least when it wasn't ignored entirely.

In Germany, on the other hand, it was widely infamous, heavily publicised by Julius Streicher (who actually cited it as an excuse to explain his venomous tenure with Die Sturmer during the Nuremberg Trial), Goebbels cited it as an example of why anything they did to Americans and Jews was justifiable as self-preservation (and privately said "Had he written this book for us, he could not have made it any better."), it became widely taught as an example of "why we fight" in the classrooms and elsewhere, and even when they finally made the infamous "Yellow star" mandatory for all Jews in September 1941 (yes, it really took that long) they put out a flyer for the "Aryans" tying the people wearing them with Kaufman's ideas.

All this over a crank whose ideas, in a sane world, would be relegated to the ideological side shows of political thought (Rationalwiki, perhaps).

And just for the record, I meant that the Left might have more of a reason to be pissed off at Smollet than the Right. After all, he's played right into their hands.

Well wait a minute, buddy. You use some adjectives to shape your point in a particular way by dismissing Theodore Kaufman as merely 'a crank'. He was a hateful piece of racist garbage. It doesn't matter how people 'perceived' him. You arbitrarily dismiss one person as a crank, and then brand other people as horribly dangerous racists, all based on your personal worldview.

I know people like Theodore Kaufman. I have listened to a hateful far right Rabbi telling us to always be kind, polite, and helpful to the goyim but to inwardly hate them to the depths of our hearts.  Very few Jews will listen to that Rabbi, but he has some followers. Mostly, I can dismiss him as a crank because his views do not reflect the views of very many people. 

And yes, I have had some people who are adversarial toward Jews and Israel use him and people like him as proof that Jews are hateful racists. I despise Theodore Kaufman and others like them for being hateful racists. That they are sometimes used to validate hatred of Jews is a second reason to despise them. But I despise them for being hateful racists, first and foremost.

If you think that the biggest problem with a hateful black racist is that it gives ammunition to hateful white racists, then you are sort of missing the entire hateful racist problem entirely.
We do not inherit the world from our parents. We borrow it from our children.
Not really.  Hateful white racists are institutionally and socially empowered...assuming..obviously, that smollet was a covert operative in rahowa for contrast.

Jesus christ,your poe persona is gonna need some maintenance after this.
A hateful racist piece of garbage is a hateful racist piece of garbage. It doesn't matter whether they have 'the power' or not. A racist is a racist, regardless of their ethnicity.

If I were to do what Smollett did, but claimed that my attackers were black people, then everyone would automatically ascribe racial motivation to my crime.
In mere reality, it actually does matter which group of hateful people "have the power". But...you know..carry on with this whole white MAGAts under attack line of bullshit.
(March 12, 2019 at 11:59 am)Yonadav Wrote: If you think that the biggest problem with a hateful black racist is that it gives ammunition to hateful white racists, then you are sort of missing the entire hateful racist problem entirely.

Yeah, that the whole ideas that run behind racism are horrible and untrue. That should be obvious, but then again, at this point, it looks like the milk of human kindness has curdled into casu marzu. Either way, I think it bears mentioning that a lot of the horseshit that's going around DOES NOT HELP ANYONE. At this point, whether it's the right clamoring for a really expensive wall to try and keep Mexicans out of America that will likely fail to do even that, or the left demanding an end to police brutality even though, the more I look at it, it's so intertwined with loads of issues (from race to poverty to the reality of what dealing with the worst of what the human race can do to an armed man's psyche) that nothing short of utopian changes to the social order and a generation or two dying off will likely eliminate it, a good dose of pragmatism is certainly necessary. We need more people in politics like, well, this hooker from 7 Psychopaths (crucial scene starts around 2:08):

Comparing the Universal Oneness of All Life to Yo Mama since 2010.

[Image: harmlesskitchen.png]

I was born with the gift of laughter and a sense the world is mad.
(March 12, 2019 at 12:53 pm)Gae Bolga Wrote: In mere reality, it actually does matter which group of hateful people "have the power".  But...you know..carry on with this whole white MAGAts under attack line of bullshit.

I didn't say that it doesn't matter which group of people hateful people has the power. It matters in a lot of ways. A black man is a lot more likely to be shot by police in situations where no shooting was warranted. Black people are a lot less likely to be called in for an interview when applying for a job. Black people are likely to receive longer prison sentences than their white counterparts. Racism is a real problem, and I can understand black anger. But black racism is not the answer and is no better than white racism.

Smollett did what he did in the wake of the Covington fiasco, when the lives of the Covington children were being threatened. Some people were threatening their school with terrorist attacks. That's the fire that Smollett was trying to dump gasoline onto.
It's hard to deny the other side of that.   "It might".

Yon, honestly, shut the fuck up, you burned the credibility of your act almost as soon as you joined. I'd respect you a whole lot more if you just stopped pretending. After all, the people I love most in this world are openly who you pretend not to be. I can't tell who your nonsense is supposed to be for, mainly you...or everyone else..... but either way.

Jerkoff

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Jussie Smollett indicted again EgoDeath 10 866 March 3, 2020 at 5:33 pm
Last Post: EgoDeath
  Bounty Hunters found not guilty in case of gunning down innocent black man Cecelia 21 1552 August 3, 2019 at 8:49 pm
Last Post: Fireball
  Former judge files new motions pushing for special prosecutor in Jussie Smollett case EgoDeath 15 1603 July 1, 2019 at 12:21 am
Last Post: EgoDeath
  Trump responds to special counsel Robert Mueller’s statement: ‘The case is closed WinterHold 21 2172 June 7, 2019 at 2:28 am
Last Post: WinterHold
  Interesting Development Minimalist 18 2447 March 26, 2018 at 7:39 pm
Last Post: Fireball
  The Cake Case Revisited Foxaèr 108 26963 October 6, 2017 at 11:00 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  In Case Anyone Thinks Trumptards Have A Shred of Decency Minimalist 17 2932 July 31, 2017 at 3:08 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Interesting Development in the Med. Minimalist 7 2047 June 28, 2017 at 10:14 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  The Strange Case Of Canuck The Crow Amarok 0 1019 June 27, 2017 at 1:25 pm
Last Post: Amarok
  Bill Cosby Case: mistrial Foxaèr 27 8856 June 24, 2017 at 8:53 pm
Last Post: Seraphina