Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 2:32 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Damned Catholics
RE: Damned Catholics
But I thought that Vatican runs on pure love and God's blessings

Quote:Vatican admits cash troubles as it moves to cover budget deficits

The Vatican warned that it has nearly depleted its financial reserves from past donations to cover budget deficits over recent years, as it urged continued giving from the faithful to keep the Holy See afloat and Pope Francis’ ministry going.

The Vatican published its 2021 budget in its latest effort at greater financial transparency amid a predicted 50 million euro budget deficit this year.

The Peter’s Pence funds have come under scrutiny amid an investigation by Vatican prosecutors into the Secretariat of State’s 350 million euro investment in a London real estate venture, some of which was apparently funded by the Peter’s Pence.

Several Italian brokers and dealers, as well as some Vatican officials, are under investigation on suspicion they fleeced the Holy See of millions in fees.

https://www.newsandstar.co.uk/news/natio...-deficits/
teachings of the Bible are so muddled and self-contradictory that it was possible for Christians to happily burn heretics alive for five long centuries. It was even possible for the most venerated patriarchs of the Church, like St. Augustine and St. Thomas Aquinas, to conclude that heretics should be tortured (Augustine) or killed outright (Aquinas). Martin Luther and John Calvin advocated the wholesale murder of heretics, apostates, Jews, and witches. - Sam Harris, "Letter To A Christian Nation"
Jesuits say they are going to raise $100 million and give it to black people because Jesuits were slave traders for over a century.

Why can't they just give them gold from the Vatican? Or let them live in some of the Papal palaces?

Quote:In one of the largest efforts by an institution to atone for slavery, a prominent order of Catholic priests has vowed to raise $100 million to benefit the descendants of the enslaved people it once owned and to promote racial reconciliation initiatives across the United States.

“Our shameful history of Jesuit slaveholding in the United States has been taken off the dusty shelf, and it can never be put back.”

The order relied on slave labor and slave sales for more than a century to sustain the clergy and to help finance the construction and the day-to-day operations of churches and schools, including the nation’s first Catholic institution of higher learning, the college now known as Georgetown University.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/03/15/us/je...avery.html
teachings of the Bible are so muddled and self-contradictory that it was possible for Christians to happily burn heretics alive for five long centuries. It was even possible for the most venerated patriarchs of the Church, like St. Augustine and St. Thomas Aquinas, to conclude that heretics should be tortured (Augustine) or killed outright (Aquinas). Martin Luther and John Calvin advocated the wholesale murder of heretics, apostates, Jews, and witches. - Sam Harris, "Letter To A Christian Nation"
Theologian Alexander Görlach claims that the Catholic Church is in the crisis of falling apart because it's inhumane, has nothing to offer anymore, and it lost the trust among the faithful.

Quote:Today, the Catholic Church is being shattered from within by those who oppose change. They make out anything that is human and humane (empathy with divorcees, for example) to be an enemy and condemn it as relativism and renunciation of the true faith.

Right now, the Catholic Church is currently in its worst crisis since the Reformation and at risk of falling apart.

the cassock-wearing archconservatives who triggered the crisis by tolerating and hushing up the sexual abuse of children and young people by priests are now doing everything to undermine the pope's efforts to reform the Catholic Church.

Communion for the divorced? Never! Married priests? Heaven forbid! Then the whole world would know that many in the clergy are gay (nothing wrong with that, of course, but the Catholic Church, unfortunately, hasn't latched onto the fact). Women in leadership roles? Certainly not! Jesus Christ was a man; no more needs to be said.

https://amp.dw.com/en/opinion-has-the-ca...a-55260944
(March 17, 2021 at 1:43 pm)Fake Messiah Wrote: Jesuits say they are going to raise $100 million and give it to black people because Jesuits were slave traders for over a century.

Why can't they just give them gold from the Vatican? Or let them live in some of the Papal palaces?

The jesuits haven't exactly enjoyed that kind of relationship with the vatican.  It's not something that they can do - but they probably can raise 100mil, and it's a pretty jesuit thing to do.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(March 17, 2021 at 1:43 pm)Fake Messiah Wrote: Jesuits say they are going to raise $100 million and give it to black people because Jesuits were slave traders for over a century.

They can’t give them the gold from the Vatican because they don’t own it. They can’t let people live in the Papal palaces because they don’t own them.

They’re committed to raising $100 million for the descendants of people they’ve wronged. It’s a drop in the proverbial bucket, but it’s not nothing.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(March 18, 2021 at 12:50 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: They can’t give them the gold from the Vatican because they don’t own it. They can’t let people live in the Papal palaces because they don’t own them.

But it is the same theology. The Vatican taught Jesuits theology in which slavery is a good thing. Also the Vatican is responsible for what Catholic orders do. They obviously didn't regulate Jesuits as they made money trading slaves for over a century, and Jesuits obviously also sent a good part of that money to the Vatican so that they could buy gold and build and maintain palaces.
(March 18, 2021 at 2:48 pm)Fake Messiah Wrote:
(March 18, 2021 at 12:50 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: They can’t give them the gold from the Vatican because they don’t own it. They can’t let people live in the Papal palaces because they don’t own them.

But it is the same theology. The Vatican taught Jesuits theology in which slavery is a good thing. Also the Vatican is responsible for what Catholic orders do. They obviously didn't regulate Jesuits as they made money trading slaves for over a century, and Jesuits obviously also sent a good part of that money to the Vatican so that they could buy gold and build and maintain palaces.

Jesuits make up about 4% of the clergy. Vatican treasures and properties are held by the Church in toto. What you’re suggesting is the equivalent of 4% of Amazon employees sell off the distribution centres and give the money to the poor, or house the homeless at Jeff Bezos’ mansions.

Should the entire Church do more to help people? Absolutely. But the SJ doesn’t have the authority to do what you’re suggesting.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
It's not the same theology. That's exacty why jesuits havent enjoyed the relationship with the vatican that they would need to..to straight cut checks.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
Not the same theology? You know that Catholic orders must have approval by the Pope to exist? For example, Franciscans were initially persecuted by the Vatican because their theology of poverty didn't match the one that the Vatican preached so they had to modify it to survive.
So in a way Catholic orders take a license of the religious brand from the Vatican.

When you worship a cruel sadomasochistic God of Christianity you can not have sympathy for people who suffer in pain.

Quote:Spain’s bishops decry decision to legalize euthanasia

Spain’s Catholic bishops have condemned the legalization of euthanasia in the country on Thursday.

The country’s parliament approved the law 202 to 141 vote on Thursday, and it will go into effect in three months.

“This is a moment to promote conscience objection and promote all that which is related with this culture of life that wants to have a red line strongly saying ‘You shall not kill’,” said Bishop Luis Argüello, secretary general of the Spanish bishops’ conference.

“Unfortunately, they’ve tried to find a solution to avoid suffering, by inducing the death of someone who is suffering,” he said. “It’s dramatic that there are 60,000 people who every year die in Spain suffering, when this could be remedied with an adequate policy of palliative care.”

Several bishops went to social media to voice their concern over the legalization.

Among them was Cardinal Carlos Osoro, the Archbishop of Madrid.

“The pandemic should cause a paradigm shift: Let’s move from the selfish search for our own well-being to caring … We are caregivers of others and, therefore, it is dramatic that today we are betting on euthanasia,” he wrote.

Cardinal Juan José Omella of Barcelona, president of the Spanish bishops’ conference, said the new legislation would be used to coerce those who are terminally ill to see death as their only option.

“We cannot consider ourselves an advanced society by approving a law that encourages the sick to throw in the towel and end their existence,” he argued.

While the bill was being debated, the Catholic Church fought against the law, saying palliative care wasn’t being adequately utilized in the country.

In a statement released Sept. 14, the bishops argued that the advocating for the “right to euthanasia” is a reductionist view of the human person that presents a freedom detached from responsibility.

https://cruxnow.com/church-in-europe/202...nasia/amp/
(March 19, 2021 at 12:24 am)Fake Messiah Wrote: Not the same theology? 
Yeah, actually.  The reason that jesuits haven't had that reltionship..is that they keep calling massive bullshit on the vatican.

The vatican has never appreciated this. Parents want jesuits to instruct their children, not franciscan molesters.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Damned Pervert Priests - and other assorted Holy Scumbags Minimalist 519 59928 April 25, 2024 at 12:36 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Damned Muslims Minimalist 751 131608 April 4, 2024 at 5:31 am
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Damned Christians Foxaèr 835 122512 April 3, 2024 at 12:53 am
  Damned Hindus Minimalist 83 22822 January 22, 2024 at 7:47 am
  Damned Mormons Minimalist 216 45171 September 18, 2023 at 9:53 am
Last Post: zwanzig
  Damned Scientologists Fake Messiah 24 4182 January 29, 2023 at 8:40 am
  Damned Catholics XVI Fake Messiah 10 2507 December 25, 2022 at 10:52 am