Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 7:31 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
'After-birth abortion' is logically sound
'After-birth abortion' is logically sound
Quote:A paper in the Journal of Medical Ethics, entitled "After-birth abortion: why should the baby live?, argues that killing a newborn baby should be "permissible in all the cases where abortion is, including cases where the newborn is not disabled". (Hat-tip: Catholic Herald.)

The authors of this paper, Alberto Giubilini of the University of Milan and Francesca Minerva of Melbourne University, argue that "both fetuses and newborns do not have the same moral status as actual persons". Secondly, they say that "the fact that both are potential persons is morally irrelevant". Thirdly, they write that "adoption is not always in the best interest of actual people".

In summary – and it really is this brutal – newborn babies are not actual people, ergo killing them is not immoral.

http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/news/willhe...-movement/

WHAT THE HECK???

I wish these scientists just drop dead right now... bloody horrendous...
RE: 'After-birth abortion' is logically sound
Sounds reasonable. I mean, that would save plenty of dumpster space.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
Quote:newborn babies are not actual people, ergo killing them is not immoral.

Well, if killing living things is not immoral as long as they are not people lets go puppy killing! YAY!
I had a turkey sandwich...Im sure the turkey was a healthy adult.
I couldn't bring myself to abort a newborn baby.

But that's just me, looking away from the mirror for one minute, I appreciate the rest of humanity does not share my position, or the notion of the sanctity of life in general.

I guess it was inevitable that stupid unemployed kids having WAY too many children together on welfare have put us in this controversial and undesirable position. When they abuse infants and their own offspring badly and hold them in the same regard as 'frog spawn' we shouldn't be surprised that abortion would become an issue.
Since the "pro-lifers" are generally shit hot and shiny on the death penalty for adults I can't see why they would have a problem with this.

P.s I notice the source of the article is the Catholic HeraldThinking
[Image: mybannerglitter06eee094.gif]
If you're not supposed to ride faster than your guardian angel can fly then mine had better get a bloody SR-71.
(March 10, 2012 at 3:45 am)Zen Badger Wrote: I notice the source of the article is the Catholic timesThinking

That's what all good Muslims read.
Yeah ....funny aboot that!

Thinking
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5
Sorry, quick edit there, it was the Catholic Herald, not the times.
[Image: mybannerglitter06eee094.gif]
If you're not supposed to ride faster than your guardian angel can fly then mine had better get a bloody SR-71.
(March 9, 2012 at 10:36 pm)Niqabi Ninja Wrote:
Quote:A paper in the Journal of Medical Ethics, entitled "After-birth abortion: why should the baby live?, argues that killing a newborn baby should be "permissible in all the cases where abortion is, including cases where the newborn is not disabled". (Hat-tip: Catholic Herald.)

The authors of this paper, Alberto Giubilini of the University of Milan and Francesca Minerva of Melbourne University, argue that "both fetuses and newborns do not have the same moral status as actual persons". Secondly, they say that "the fact that both are potential persons is morally irrelevant". Thirdly, they write that "adoption is not always in the best interest of actual people".

In summary – and it really is this brutal – newborn babies are not actual people, ergo killing them is not immoral.

http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/news/willhe...-movement/

WHAT THE HECK???

I wish these scientists just drop dead right now... bloody horrendous...

Niqabi Ninja, you have the rational abilities of an animal, any rational argument presented to you will is wasted. It is amazing that you can use a computer Smile Good luck though, I'm always impressed when a dog walks on two legs Wink
ROFLOL

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  BREAKING:Trump refuses to commit to a peaceful transition of power after Election Day WinterHold 97 5346 October 2, 2020 at 1:50 am
Last Post: WinterHold
  BOOM! The Sound Of Another Shoe Dropping Minimalist 7 618 September 24, 2018 at 11:50 am
Last Post: Whateverist
  So happens if Trump is impeached after the mid terms this fall GODZILLA 16 2504 May 7, 2018 at 4:03 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  After Due Consideration, I Hope The Fucks Pass It Minimalist 3 573 November 24, 2017 at 5:48 am
Last Post: vorlon13
  Apocalypse might be your fault after all WinterHold 28 3025 October 30, 2017 at 2:11 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  I'm against abortion until my mistress needs one Doubting Thomas 32 4786 October 8, 2017 at 3:19 am
Last Post: Ivan Denisovich
  After leading ACA repeal in the House, Trump praises Australia's universal healthcare Aegon 26 5167 May 6, 2017 at 1:36 pm
Last Post: GrandizerII
  Bernie Goes After Big Pharma Minimalist 8 1131 November 3, 2016 at 10:57 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Green Party donations up ~1000% after Sanders endorsed Clinton ReptilianPeon 39 7972 July 20, 2016 at 4:45 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Normally They Wait Until After The Election Minimalist 48 4409 May 21, 2016 at 12:28 pm
Last Post: Wyrd of Gawd