Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 24, 2024, 1:39 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Obama care
Obama care
I thnik health care hurt Obama in the mid-term elections and i think it will hurt this November. I won't vote for Obama thsi November but i did the first time around. I work out don't eat processed foods or sugars, white bread, don't smoke, drink, etc Now i have to pay for people who smoke, eat, drink themsleves to death, That is crazy.
I can't stand Romney but i will vote for him, really i am voting against Obama.
I have read that if somone is making $29.000 or less Obama care is free, I have also read if a salary is $10,000 Obama care will cost about $800.00 a year, Which is alot for a person making so little, I have also read no one knows the cost yet because the states will decide what a person owes. Does anyone here know?

Manowar
RE: Obama care
http://www.businessinsider.com/chart-thi...you-2012-7
they can land a rover on mars, yet they still have to stick a human finger up my ass to do a prostate exam?! - ricky gervais
You work out and eat well. Tell that to the bus that hits you next week or the guy who stabs you or the cancer that strikes from nowhere.
The truth is that medicine should be free at the point of use for everybody.
The thing us Brits are most proud of is our health service that is free to all at point of use.paid for by national insurance.
It works well and is how any civlised countries med care should be.
That Americans don't think like this beggars belief. At some point everybody needs the nhs.If we had to rely on an American style system I don't know anyone who would not be be penniless.
America has found itself beholden to the medical industry that has given you the most expensive system in the world but does not provide universal free point of use care.
It is this travesty that obamacare sees to change and you oppose it.

Obamacare is not perfect but it's the closest you're gonna get.

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

Just because your stupid twisted small little mind can't imagine being hit by a bus Mr. Manowar, I've lost others to exactly that.

Your "all about me" attitude is poison and should be stamped out, not legitimized.

You don't even fucking understand the difference between no insurance and some insurance (HINT -- its' a difference in tens to hundreds of thousands of dollars paid to the hospital when you need it).

You can't even contribute the the public health insurance pool! What an asshole!

Fine.

You shouldn't be forced to get healthcare but society should get the right to shun you and refuse to do business with you.

Because you're just a parasite on herd immunity.

And parasites, while free to be individuals, shouldn't get the right to force themselves upon society.

You can't have it both ways.
Slave to the Patriarchy no more
I see you've taken it upon yourself to announce that you have a selfish, mini-minded attitude. Well done.

I'm going to attempt to pretend I'm you by using your same attitude about the other things your taxes pay for. Here I go!

I am a law abiding citizen. I never shoplift, nor do I drive over the speed limit. I am not voting for Obama because I know some of my tax dollars are funding the police department, and I don't need it, because I don't break the law. Why should I be forced to pay for a police department that never has to harass me personally. It's everyone else committing crimes, not me! So, why should I have to pay for it?

I take all the proper precautions in my home. I have surge protectors, updated wiring, etc. I'm never going to need the fire department, so why should I have to pay taxes that help support the fire department? That's messed up! There are millions of people out there that don't take all the precautions that I take, and their homes are fires just waiting to happen. It's not fair that I have to pay for a fire department that I am never going to use. Fuck Obama! I'm voting for the rich guy who goes miles out of his way to avoid paying taxes.

Ya see? First of all, I think you have to understand what the Affordable Care Act actually means.

If you don't purchase private insurance, and you're not eligible for Medicare, then you're going to have to pay a few hundred dollars extra every year. Sorry. If you have an accident, and end up in the emergency room, that few hundred extra dollars a year is what's going to save your ass from a enormous emergency room bill. You really want to be part of the reason that the cost of healthcare infinitely skyrockets? Unpaid medical bills are the reason for that, you know. So, go ahead and bitch all you want about having to pay a few hundred dollars a year, verses having your check garnished by a hospital the next time you fall off your high fucking horse and hit your little head on something.

Big Grin

(July 19, 2012 at 1:38 pm)Manowar Wrote: I thnik health care hurt Obama in the mid-term elections and i think it will hurt this November. I won't vote for Obama thsi November but i did the first time around. I work out don't eat processed foods or sugars, white bread, don't smoke, drink, etc Now i have to pay for people who smoke, eat, drink themsleves to death, That is crazy.
I can't stand Romney but i will vote for him, really i am voting against Obama.
I have read that if somone is making $29.000 or less Obama care is free, I have also read if a salary is $10,000 Obama care will cost about $800.00 a year, Which is alot for a person making so little, I have also read no one knows the cost yet because the states will decide what a person owes. Does anyone here know?

Manowar

You cock sucker.
No one should be to poor to afford health care.
[Image: SigBarSping_zpscd7e35e1.png]
Free healthcare used to be great over here but as population increased so did the workload to the point we had to recruit doctors from other countries to keep up and the number of pencil pushers in healthcare also rose which didn't help because quite abit of the budget goes towards their wages when they contribute virtually nothing.
I know what people are thinking ":-O doctors from other countries!? You *racist*." and you'd be an brain dead for thinking so as my reasoning couldn't be further from that. A doctor from africa or a doctor from india for example is going to be used to a much higher level of suffering meaning their level of desensitization will also be higher. This means much less consideration for a paitent in considerable pain as my brother with three slipped discs would testify to, I won't elaborate as it would mean sharing details I'm sure he'd rather I didn't but the story is shocking and from what I've heard not uncommon. Also if they have family still in their own countries then thats where alot of their wages will go to further messing with the economy. These are facts.
I think its a great idea in theory but if all factors are not considered and safeguarded against then it could go horribly wrong like it has over here. If these factors are considered then I think its a fantastic idea that is to be commended.
"That is not dead which can eternal lie and with strange aeons even death may die." 
- Abdul Alhazred.
Did the thought of education for birth control and providing cheap, effective birth control cross your mind?

What you had said had nothing to do with the prospect of having health care -- you just identified an implementation that didn't consider population control as a policy.

That doesn't mean health care is bad, just that idiots who don't provide and educate over certain medical issues are just that -- idiots.

Also, your argument to avoiding the entirety of healthcare because people breed like rabbits totally ignores that people like Stephen Hawking would be dead without the NHS.
Slave to the Patriarchy no more
(July 19, 2012 at 5:18 pm)Moros Synackaon Wrote: Did the thought of education for birth control and providing cheap, effective birth control cross your mind?

It did but considering my brother has four kids now I think its rather too late...
Oh right, you're talking to him.
"That is not dead which can eternal lie and with strange aeons even death may die." 
- Abdul Alhazred.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  You think people who hate Queen Elizabeth 2 is same reason MAGA people hated Obama Woah0 13 1305 December 20, 2022 at 3:55 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Cheney challenger admits to statutory rape: Republicans don't care Rev. Rye 39 2084 May 28, 2021 at 8:07 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Justice Obama? BrianSoddingBoru4 33 1538 August 26, 2020 at 5:28 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Michelle Obama Crushes It BrianSoddingBoru4 32 1560 August 19, 2020 at 11:00 am
Last Post: onlinebiker
  Obama Eulogizes Elijah Cummings AFTT47 2 563 October 26, 2019 at 3:01 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  AP: Obama's nose is growing John V 113 9378 September 17, 2018 at 6:26 pm
Last Post: Amarok
  And TheTrumptard Will Still Not Care.... Minimalist 8 1061 August 1, 2018 at 6:58 am
Last Post: Aroura
  Conservative Asskisser Wants Obama Back Minimalist 8 2011 July 20, 2018 at 9:02 pm
Last Post: A Theist
  One Reason Trump is Intent on Reversing Everything Obama Did Rhondazvous 9 1305 November 6, 2017 at 9:10 pm
Last Post: Rhondazvous
Question Coveny’s plan for health care Coveny 54 9805 October 21, 2017 at 11:21 am
Last Post: Amarok