Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 11:18 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Your Motto .. or someone else's Motto you admire
Your Motto .. or someone else's Motto you admire
Just read someone describe his father's motto as ..

Die young as late in life as possible.

I'll need more thought to come up with one (more like several) of my own.
RE: Your Motto .. or someone else's Motto you admire
If you can sum your life up in a single motto, you're living it wrong (oh the irony).
If there is a god, I want to believe that there is a god.  If there is not a god, I want to believe that there is no god.
psh, you just never found a good motto Jenny.

In Omnia Paratus!
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
Our liberties we prize, our rights we maintain

(chanted that for a couple miles in a parade many years ago . .

with Brian)
Not sure it's a motto, but this is a quote that really helped me when I fell out with someone. I try to keep it in mind in other unfavorable situations.

"For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." --Carl Sagan
"For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." - Carl Sagan
(January 7, 2015 at 10:20 pm)Rhythm Wrote: psh, you just never found a good motto Jenny.

In Omnia Paratus!

Huh, I had a girl friend who called me Omni Priapas. What does it mean? Angel
(January 7, 2015 at 10:31 pm)whateverist Wrote:
(January 7, 2015 at 10:20 pm)Rhythm Wrote: psh, you just never found a good motto Jenny.

In Omnia Paratus!

Huh, I had a girl friend who called me Omni Priapas. What does it mean? Angel

Omnia Paratus: Be ready for all things.

Omni Priapus: All big cock? Priapus is fertility with a big one. Braggart. Angel
If there is a god, I want to believe that there is a god.  If there is not a god, I want to believe that there is no god.
Anyone else immediately thinking about "The Libertine"?
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(January 7, 2015 at 10:37 pm)Jenny A Wrote: Omni Priapus: All big cock? Priapus is fertility with a big one. Braggart. Angel

Big Grin
I cribbed mine from General Joseph Stiiwell: Illegitimi non carborundum.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Anyone else planting dandelions? arewethereyet 5 721 May 1, 2021 at 6:51 pm
Last Post: onlinebiker
  Did anyone else attend HumanLight zoom meeting last night? Apollo 8 1080 December 25, 2020 at 6:20 pm
Last Post: Apollo
  Anyone else have that "weird" friend? Atomic Lava 31 2592 November 28, 2019 at 2:49 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  Does anyone else remember...? Cecelia 20 1781 July 30, 2019 at 8:26 pm
Last Post: Fireball
  When someone says something really stupid. Cod 8 1546 July 28, 2019 at 7:35 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  A day with someone from AF Cod 76 7042 April 27, 2019 at 8:35 pm
Last Post: Shell B
Music The best advice someone gave you. onlinebiker 65 6153 April 14, 2019 at 8:33 pm
Last Post: chimp3
  The WORST Advice Someone Ever Gave You BrianSoddingBoru4 11 1071 April 14, 2019 at 2:12 pm
Last Post: Fireball
  Can Someone Explain This To Me? Jade-Green Stone 16 1486 November 28, 2018 at 9:23 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Anyone else had an AF meet up? About to lose my virginity Whateverist 52 8558 April 29, 2018 at 9:12 am
Last Post: Whateverist