Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 12:27 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How do you earn money?
How do you earn money?
This thread is related to captain awesome a thread about warning people about jobs. I pretty much have a standard low paid job and work lots of hours but it's very easy work, I don't even know if it could be called work, most times I get to relax, watch YouTube on the pc here or listen to music or whatever and then go for a stroll.

I spend my money on very little non essentials, my car takes up a lot of money, i bought the car outright have and I really do get raped on the insurance cost, and on top of that petrol and servicing. I have a new born baby and I've spend a lot of money on her, I have quite a lot of savings, enough to buy a new car or enough to go towards a deposit on a house, at the moment I live with my parents or I'll sleep out at a girls house when I want to.

The basic question of the thread is how do you get money, how much do you think you need and what do you spend it on.

Are you ready for the fire? We are firemen. WE ARE FIREMEN! The heat doesn’t bother us. We live in the heat. We train in the heat. It tells us that we’re ready, we’re at home, we’re where we’re supposed to be. Flames don’t intimidate us. What do we do? We control the flame. We control them. We move the flames where we want to. And then we extinguish them.

Impersonation is treason.

RE: How do you earn money?
I'm a luthier - I make and sell guitars and mandolins, along with the occasional odd piece (theorbos, lutes, dulcimers, etc). A lot of what I make gets sold on consignment, but I also do custom pieces.

I'm not going to tell you how much I make, but between my wife's income (she owns an antique and collectibles shop) and mine, we're able to live comfortably.

We're pretty extravagant with our money - we spend it on things like food, clothing, shelter, vet visits for the pets, things like that. Two months ago, I went completely mad and bought a new pair of trainers and a coffee mug - on the same day. (I don't mean to be snarky, but I don't really get the question)

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(December 31, 2015 at 5:43 am)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: I'm a luthier - I make and sell guitars and mandolins, along with the occasional odd piece (theorbos, lutes, dulcimers, etc). A lot of what I make gets sold on consignment, but I also do custom pieces.

I'm not going to tell you how much I make, but between my wife's income (she owns an antique and collectibles shop) and mine, we're able to live comfortably.

We're pretty extravagant with our money - we spend it on things like food, clothing, shelter, vet visits for the pets, things like that. Two months ago, I went completely mad and bought a new pair of trainers and a coffee mug - on the same day. (I don't mean to be snarky, but I don't really get the question)

Boru

You guessed how to answer the question without even getting it. I basically mean when I say what do you spend money on meaning are you extravagant or basic? I'm quite basic, I don't go out buying lots of shoes and my car is quite good but not totally flash.

Are you ready for the fire? We are firemen. WE ARE FIREMEN! The heat doesn’t bother us. We live in the heat. We train in the heat. It tells us that we’re ready, we’re at home, we’re where we’re supposed to be. Flames don’t intimidate us. What do we do? We control the flame. We control them. We move the flames where we want to. And then we extinguish them.

Impersonation is treason.

I am a programmer/web-developer during the day, and part-time freelancer during the night. It's pretty low paid job when compared to the pressure of what feels like a 24/7 crunch-time. And when it comes to spending I am what you might call a cheapskate. I spend only on absolute bare necessities...
Quote:To know yet to think that one does not know is best; Not to know yet to think that one knows will lead to difficulty.
- Lau Tzu

Join me on atheistforums Slack Cool Shades (pester tibs via pm if you need invite) Tongue

I don't earn money, I haven't been able to work for many years. I rely on disability benefits. I am very tight when it comes to myself, I barely ever buy anything I don't need. I've gotten used to being that way.

I do hope to be able to earn a little money from part time bookkeeping from home in the near future.
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
Management accountant.
Love atheistforums.org? Consider becoming a patreon and helping towards our server costs.

[Image: 146748944129044_zpsomrzyn3d.gif]
Civil Servant.

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

Algorithm programmer for nuclear fusion related diagnostics.
Making enough to keep a roof over my head and raise a family of 3 kids...
But my "contract" is more like a fellowship which means little security, but also no taxes.
I take it from rubes.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
Right now? My wife earns money. I change diapers and write books.
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The concept of "spending money" as a fetish Ahriman 15 1762 December 20, 2022 at 8:49 pm
Last Post: LinuxGal
  What would you do if given a ton of money? Ahriman 23 957 December 27, 2021 at 1:49 am
Last Post: Jackalope
  Making money online. paulpablo 25 2321 September 10, 2018 at 10:50 pm
Last Post: Losty
  The most wasted money ...... KittyAnn 38 3272 July 4, 2018 at 10:52 pm
Last Post: AFTT47
  Do you start people at ten, or do they need to earn it? J a c k 53 4904 November 25, 2017 at 4:45 pm
Last Post: Cod
  What if you had the power to reinvent money ErGingerbreadMandude 26 4525 October 8, 2017 at 12:47 pm
Last Post: Aegon
  Canada Now Has Money That Glows In The Dark Amarok 11 3669 June 14, 2017 at 1:21 am
  Money-Saving Tips from Tibs and Shell Shell B 97 10447 December 10, 2016 at 10:22 pm
  Pool of money dyresand 29 8151 January 11, 2016 at 5:57 pm
Last Post: dyresand
  collecting coins or paper money ? Marsellus Wallace 3 1071 October 10, 2015 at 1:15 pm
Last Post: Marsellus Wallace